Costco Travel - rebook on my own?

Osum

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I’ve looked for another thread that might answer this question... my apologies if I missed one.

I’m currently booked with Costco Travel for a sailing that is sure to be cancelled by DCL in the next wave of cancellations. I’d like to take the 125% future cruise credit and rebook a new sailing for next year. The catch - I’d like to rebook on my own, without using Costco Travel. (I have nothing against them, I’d just feel more comfortable handling this one on my own.)

Has anyone had experience with this? If I call Costco Travel to handle things when DCL cancels my sailing, does that sever them from my future cruise credit? Will I be able to call DCL directly and use the credit to book the new sailing? Or will there be any other steps needed?

Hi all. I’ve looked for another thread that might answer this question... my apologies if I missed one.

I’m currently booked with Costco Travel for a sailing that is sure to be cancelled by DCL in the next wave of cancellations. I’d like to take the 125% future cruise credit and rebook a new sailing for next year. The catch - I’d like to rebook on my own, without using Costco Travel. (I have nothing against them, I’d just feel more comfortable handling this one on my own.)

Has anyone had experience with this? If I call Costco Travel to handle things when DCL cancels my sailing, does that sever them from my future cruise credit? Will I be able to call DCL directly and use the credit to book the new sailing? Or will there be any other steps needed?
Generally, if you used a TA to book a cruise, and book another one while on that cruise you must either use the same TA for the next cruise or indicate there's no TA.

I'm not sure how it works in this situation, as it's unique. My guess is that the TA will remain on the booking since the option to select "same TA" or "no TA" for new booking isn't there, but I could be wrong.

If the TA handles things when DCL cancels cruises, I'm thinking that means they also retain the booking.

Thanks. I’m just not sure where the “no TA” option would be in this scenario. I thought that maybe separating the acquisition of the cruise credit from the use of the cruise credit might create that opening, but you’re correct... it is a unique situation.

Thanks. I’m just not sure where the “no TA” option would be in this scenario. I thought that maybe separating the acquisition of the cruise credit from the use of the cruise credit might create that opening, but you’re correct... it is a unique situation.

Your FCC is not attached to the agency or TA you worked with. You’ll use it like money, basically.

That’s what I was hoping, as it’s the simplest outcome. Thanks!

Love booking with Costco for various reasons, That extra cash at the end sure is nice. You can have "control" at a loss of $$$?

Your FCC is not attached to the agency or TA you worked with. You’ll use it like money, basically.
I'm not sure this is true. The credit is remaining in the original booking # and that booking # is owned by that travel agency. To reuse that credit, you'd have to contact that agency to rebook. Typically the only way to change a booking back to DCL is to have the agency sign a reservation release.

This is the quote from Disney's website about cancelled sailings. It suggests to me that you still have to go through your travel agent for any FCC.

"Guests currently booked on affected sailings will be offered the choice of a cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date or a full refund. These Guests and travel agents will receive an email from us outlining details and next steps.

Guests who booked their reservation through a travel agent should contact them directly with any questions. Those who booked directly with Disney Cruise Line and have questions after receiving their email from us should call us at (866) 325-6685 or (407) 566-7797."

Just an FYI, but we rebooked our cruise with new discount offer through Costco and it was very easy and straightforward.

Rebooked today with Costco as soon as next wave was canceled-
easy peasy - no issues, plus a nice cashcard. I was also able to use a placeholder that should ve expired before the new booking date!! The agent worked a good day for me!

I totally agree that lots of people use Costco Travel and have wonderful experiences. As i said, I have nothing against them, it’s a personal preference. I’m glad you had a great experience!

I was wondering the same thing and finally have an answer after my cruise was canceled this morning. My canceled cruise was with Costco. When the cruise canceled, I received an email from Disney, not from Costco. I called Disney to transfer the FCC to an existing cruise, which they did with no problem. I booked my existing cruise via the Disney website and did not transfer the reservation to Costco. Disney also said I can transfer the remaining credit to another cruise at a later time, or I can keep the remaining credit as onboard credit. Hope this helps you and others with the same question!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter