COSTCO Vacation package with WDW ticket, can it be upgraded?

wintotty

Mouseketeer
I am looking into purchasing vacation package by COSTCO, it comes with WDW 5-day PH tickets, but I want to make sure they are regular tickets, can be upgraded to AP or add more days.
I chatted with COSTCO rep, but they don't understand my question. Does anyone know if these can be upgraded?

Thanks!!

Not sure about the AP, but you can add more days. Once you select your trip, the next screen will give you the option to add more days. You can try it - you don't have to pay until the last screen. We upgraded to 7 days from the 5.

Thank you!

I saw that we can extend the days when buying Costco package, but I wanted to decide either to extend days or upgrade to AP when we get there........ I tried searching past threads, and seems like I can upgrade it....

With the Costco package, do they email you the tickets or do you have to physically pick them up?

I did a Costco package a few years ago, and while I didn't upgrade my ticket to an AP, I did add extra days after I got there and used the ticket the first day. So I'd think if you can upgrade to a longer ticket at Disney, you can most likely upgrade to an AP :)

We've booked three trips to Disney through Costco. If you are staying at the Swan/Dolphin, you will get an email with your digital tickets about 48 hours after you book your trip. These tickets are standard tickets and can be upgraded to add additional days or upgraded to APs. We used the value of these tickets to renew our APs when we visited in Spring 2018.

If you want to upgrade them to APs, I would recommend playing around with the feature on the website where you can add/remove days to your tickets to find the tickets that offer the best discount vs gate price. That will minimize your total AP cost when you go to upgrade. Alternatively, if you are a Costco Exec Member and/or credit card holder, you could buy the 10-day park hoppers & more so that you maximize your Costco cash back and minimize the cost you need to pay to upgrade at Guest Services.

With the Costco package, do they email you the tickets or do you have to physically pick them up?

We are staying at Sheraton Vistana Resort, and Disney reservation number for the park ticket was E-mailed to me within 48 hours. I already linked in MDE account.

Interesting. We're in this boat for next year. Looking to do a family trip in May on the front end of an annual pass. We would then do an adults trip to Food & Wine and stay at the Swan or Dolphin in October. I've been wondering if I booked the Swan & Dolphin next spring, could I use & upgrade the park tickets ahead of my Costco reservation in October. It seems the answer is 'yes' based on experiences shared here.

Interesting. We're in this boat for next year. Looking to do a family trip in May on the front end of an annual pass. We would then do an adults trip to Food & Wine and stay at the Swan or Dolphin in October. I've been wondering if I booked the Swan & Dolphin next spring, could I use & upgrade the park tickets ahead of my Costco reservation in October. It seems the answer is 'yes' based on experiences shared here.
When you get the tickets from Costco, they are usable right away.

I booked (in 2017) a 8 day trip through Costco for September 2018 (less than a month yay) with a 10 day pass. But I used that 10 day pass for my January 2018 trip and upgraded it to an annual pass so I can use it on this trip.

So, yup! The tickets are non refundable, thus yours to use as soon as I get it (about 1-2 day after booking package)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter