• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could really use some help with using Genie + with group that will sometimes be at different parks...

mom2mikel

DIS Veteran
Good morning! For some reason I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around Genie +. I have 5 in my group. There are days when we will all be together and days where we will be at separate parks. I currently have all 5 people set up in my Disney app. I also have 5 tickets (one has a 3 day pass and all others 2 day pass).

So first question - are the tickets numbers assigned to specific people in the group? Or, are we okay to pick whichever one we want as long as the same person using the same one each visit? Does the app know the ticket number associated with the person? Or, is the app really just a placeholder and it just looks for a person to clear the Genie plus reservation?

Secondly, our group will be at different parks some days. For example, I may go to Epcot, but my daughter may go to Animal Kingdom. Does she just need to have the app on her phone so she can use Genie + there while I use it on my phone at Epcot? Can a person be listed on multiple phones?

I don't know why I can't figure this all out - I would really appreciate any help/suggestions.... lol

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Yes. Each ticket will be assigned to a specific person, so you will want to make sure to assign the 3 day ticket to the correct person.
You can link each ticket to multiple accounts. It's probably best to have ALL the tickets linked to every account that will be utilizing Genie+ so when you ARE together, you can take turns making G+ reservations.
Another option is to just use the same log in information on everyone's phone. But, then they'll also have access to any saved payment options in there, so its a matter of what kind of access you want to give people.

You probably CAN finds CMs around the parks who can make Genie+ reservations for you, then use your ticket media/magic band to access the attractions. But, you may have to wait in line to do this.

I haven't used Genie+ at WDW, but at DLR we had to scan a "ticket" for every person. Typically, we used our paper tickets to do this, but there was an "identical" bar code on our phones that we could scan.
At one point, I made a G+ reservation for my Dad, even though he was no longer in the park with us, and it stayed active, until I cancelled it. In theory, one of the other members of our party could have used it. But, we weren't interested.

Each ticket, barcode, or magic band can only be assigned to one ticket number, which at WDW is attached to a finger print scan.
But, all the active tickets in your MyDisneyExperience account will be accessible on your phone, you'll just have to swipe to find it.

As the above post explained, as long as someone has their own MDE account and Genie+ you’ll be fine. Hubby and I each have our own MDE accounts and our kids are under us. We’re linked and can make Genie+ reservations for all of us under either account. Same with extended family members.

Thank you! That helps a lot! I don't know why I was finding it so confusing! I miss the good old fastpass days!

So first question - are the tickets numbers assigned to specific people in the group?
Each ticket gets assigned to an individual. So a couple of questions for you... it sounds like you have an MDE account, but do the others? If they have their own MDEs, don't create a profile in your account, be sure to link as Friends & Family so you can correctly assign the ticket to each. If all profiles are managed in your MDE, just assign each ticket to an individual - since one is different be sure it goes to the correct person.

THEN...be sure to make theme park reservations for each of you to enter your planned 1st park of the day. Without a theme park reservation, nobody enters a park.

Does she just need to have the app on her phone so she can use Genie + there while I use it on my phone at Epcot?
Yes, she'll need the app on her phone. If she has her own MDE account, you can each log into your own accounts (assuming the tickets got assigned correctly) and manage your own Genie+ selections. If she is managed through your MDE account, she will need to have your log-on/password but yes you can both be logged onto the same MDE account; just be sure to select the appropriate people for each Genie+.

Can a person be listed on multiple phones?
Not sure what you mean here. If you mean multiple MDE accounts, no it's best for each individual to have 1 profile and link the MDE accounts as Friends & Family (be sure to share all travel plans so everyone is visible to each other).

Each ticket gets assigned to an individual. So a couple of questions for you... it sounds like you have an MDE account, but do the others? If they have their own MDEs, don't create a profile in your account, be sure to link as Friends & Family so you can correctly assign the ticket to each. If all profiles are managed in your MDE, just assign each ticket to an individual - since one is different be sure it goes to the correct person.

THEN...be sure to make theme park reservations for each of you to enter your planned 1st park of the day. Without a theme park reservation, nobody enters a park.

Yes, she'll need the app on her phone. If she has her own MDE account, you can each log into your own accounts (assuming the tickets got assigned correctly) and manage your own Genie+ selections. If she is managed through your MDE account, she will need to have your log-on/password but yes you can both be logged onto the same MDE account; just be sure to select the appropriate people for each Genie+.

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean multiple MDE accounts, no it's best for each individual to have 1 profile and link the MDE accounts as Friends & Family (be sure to share all travel plans so everyone is visible to each other).
So far I have a MDE account as does my husband. I purchased my tickets online directly through Disney except my husbands which was purchased through UCT and is the only 3 day pass. All 5 in our group are listed on my planning party page. I set up reservations for the various sub groups each day and they are showing correctly on my plans (daily itinerary). When I look at my friends and family list, all but my husband's profile is showing that I manage their plans.

In the app, under Tickets and passes, I see that the four of us have 2 day tickets and my husband has a 3 day ticket which is correct. How can I tell which physical ticket is associated with each person? Is there a way to see the ticket number? The first day, there are two groups of two going to different parks so I want to be sure they are using the right ticket to gain entry through the reservation and then to be able to use Genie + which was purchased when we bought the tickets.

I guess that's my major worry -- how do I know which physical ticket to give to each person?

Again - I appreciate all of your help! I'm sure once it clicks in my head, it'll be a great system but I'm just not there yet! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter