• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could someone please post what the requested tip for each service person is?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I am trying to get a good idea of how much cash we will need for the cruise. I have only been on 1 cruise and it was over 2.5 years ago. It was just DH and myself. This trip, we are taking the kids..so I would like to get an idea of what the tipping procedure is. I know it is based on PP. Can anyone remember? Again, TIA.

There seemed to be some useful instructions on tipping in that packet thingie they send from DCL - if you got it yet. Might want to take a look through that. :)

You can charge the tips to the room, so that you could choose to bring tip cash for just room service stuff.

You can also check your Ticket Booklet.....there's a page that gives you the suggested tip amount for the 3, 4 or 7 day cruise for your Head Server, Asst Server, Stateroom Hostess/Host, and Dinning Room Mgr.

These are only recommended amounts. DVC is the only cruise I've PERSONALLY seen that recommends tipping the assistant maître d’. Most recommend tipping the assistant maître d’ if they do something special for you. Of course they always seem to do something secial and we end up tipping them regardless.
Alas, not all cruise lines that encourage tipping recommend the same amounts, and the job titles of the crew may vary too. But most suggestions are in these ranges, per passenger per day: Cabin steward/stewardess/attendant, $3 to $4; waiter/server, $3 to $4; assistant waiter/busboy, $1.50 to $2.50; headwaiter/head server, 50 cents to $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter