Could this be true? Luigi's tires going?

I rode it one time in 2012 and found it difficult. It seemed like it could be fun if you picked the right tire or had some practice.

The first time I rode it was at the preview before Carsland actually opened. I had a feeling it would not make it, and I swore I would never wait in a long line to ride it again. Since then I have been lucky enough to be in the park when there were no lines at LFT so I have ridden it again. I will not miss it, but it will be nice to say "Oh yea, I remember that ride".

I am one of the odd ones who really likes Lugi's. I'll be sorry to see it go.

Aww, I really love that ride, it's hilarious! I can't seem to open the link provided, does it say what will be replacing it?

I love it, too! It's so fun, and I guess I'm lucky because I never seem to have a problem getting the tires going.

The article suggests another Luigi themed ride. The description sounds an awful lot like Mater's, though.

41kwl30lmJL.jpg

I love it, too! It's so fun, and I guess I'm lucky because I never seem to have a problem getting the tires going.

The article suggests another Luigi themed ride. The description sounds an awful lot like Mater's, though.

Feel the same way and thought the same thing! Sounds just like Mater's....hope if something replaces it, it's more creative than copying Mater's!

Ooh that's a hard article to read! Cutting to the chase.....

In that previous 2013 update we told you how DCA Cast Members leaving their shifts were surprised to find Imagineers at Luigi’s after the park closed testing remote controlled Guido characters. The remote controlled Guido forklifts acted as battering rams who would bash into the tires and help move them around the attraction. That idea continued to morph artistically at WDI....

The current plan is to apparently replace Luigi’s Flying Tires and its “Festival of the Flying Tires” backstory with a new attraction that “removes the need for the riders to steer their own vehicles.”

A fleet of 1950’s Fiat cars, ostensibly Luigi’s extended family visiting from the old country, will spin and twirl around the floor in a choreographed musical production number in the new ride tentatively called “Luigi’s Festival of the Dance”. The new ride will keep the existing tire showroom building and indoor queue, and use a version of the WiFi controlled system that guides autonomous vehicles through the Ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris and Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland. The massive fans and deep basement that powered the Flying Tires ride system will be put into mothballs, while the new ride is built literally on its grave. If the aggressive schedule from WDI pans out, the new ride could be up and running by the Christmas season of 2015, just under a year from the time the Flying Tires closed.

I'm definitely someone that is resistant to change, but in my own personal opinion, that's got to be THE most stupid ride idea EVER.

With the tires, you lean forward. Just a bit! Not much. Then you STAY THERE. Once the tire starts moving, YOU can start moving. Just a touch to a side or the other, or back. Not big movements! Don't rock. Don't get frustrated. Just little movements.

Now, is that the greatest idea for a ride ever? No. But this change is worse. holy moly.

On the other hand, if they keep the flags and the lights and just the general prettiness of the area, that will be good.

We love this ride, I'm not sure why people have so much trouble with it. We are always laughing like crazy when we get off. It's fun to plow into people!

My daughter and I do this ride every time we go to Disney. We laugh like fools as we run into people. We will miss it when they change it out but at least we will get one or two more rides when we go in Jan.

Ooh that's a hard article to read! Cutting to the chase.....

I'm definitely someone that is resistant to change, but in my own personal opinion, that's got to be THE most stupid ride idea EVER.

With the tires, you lean forward. Just a bit! Not much. Then you STAY THERE. Once the tire starts moving, YOU can start moving. Just a touch to a side or the other, or back. Not big movements! Don't rock. Don't get frustrated. Just little movements.

Now, is that the greatest idea for a ride ever? No. But this change is worse. holy moly.

On the other hand, if they keep the flags and the lights and just the general prettiness of the area, that will be good.

thanks for cutting those parts out. I tried to read the article but got lost. honestly though, i didn't try too hard. I'm a skimmer.

it does sound alot like Mater. I hope it would be something vastly different though. With the handful of rides in Cars Land, it would be a bummer if 2 are that similar

I don't hate this ride, but we won't ride it more than once per trip (4-5 days). My son loves ramming other people, but most people just don't get it. So we ram them even more!!!!

I don't hate this ride, but we won't ride it more than once per trip (4-5 days). My son loves ramming other people, but most people just don't get it. So we ram them even more!!!!

Wait, this ride isn't supposed to be like bumper cars? if you don't ram people, what are you supposed to do?

fwiw, I rode this once a year ago. DS was scared and it wasn't DD's fave so we didn't try to redo it. :confused3

I didn't like this ride the first time we tried it in 2012, but this summer we tried it again and there was a CM in the line up giving 'instructions' so that people knew what to do. DH and I also watched the groups ahead of us to see what mistakes people were making, and we were able to notice that people who were only leaning a little bit were going much faster. It also helped that I picked a tire that wasn't blocked into a corner.

The one thing I really don't like about this ride is that it's too much work! It would be so much better if the just added some kind of accelerator and steering system so that it's more like floating bumper cars.

We still like this ride despite the removal of the beach balls. However, I can see why people don't like this ride. LFT requires actual work and thought. At all the other rides, you can just sit and do nothing and still have a fun time. If you don't do anything at LFT, you get nothing out of it. And then, if you do put in some effort, you have to restrain yourself and finesse your leaning to get some real motion from the tires. Maybe that was too much of a tall order for most park goers. :confused3

I've only been on it the once with DH and D Nephew in between us but I thought it was a lot of fun. Particularly having other family members on other 'tires'. I thought the feeling of participating was nice - especially for the young ones.

Not a fan of LFT. I've been on it 3 times in the last year and the most I've been able to get it to move is half-way across the floor and we've never been able to ram anyone.

I would love for a real bumper car type ride. The one in Bugs Land is so slow and you barely feel it when you bump into anyone-or the wall ;) and that could fit in great with their Cars theme IMO. Especially if the cars were Piston Cups! We'd never be allowed to leave the ride then! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter