• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Could use some help

What should we do?

• I have another idea. Let me explain....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

texaslady22

Mouseketeer
Here's the deal:

We've always stayed at a Value. Always. Pop Century. All-Star Sports. We love them. They're great for our family (and our budget).

Now that we're a family of 5, we decided to move up a bit. We are spending 5 nights at the Dolphin, but we have one night on property before that (so we could have a package with our tickets to use credit card points on). We have the 1 night on property for 2 adults and 3 kids, 8 day park tickets, memory maker, and the deluxe dining package that we'll use for dinner the first night and breakfast and dinner the 2nd day--1900PF, Askershus, Garden Grill.

We were staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. Everything was great. Our total, with 1 night of deluxe dining for our on-property stay and our tickets, was ~2695. Everything was great. It's budgeted. We have the funds. We're looking forward to it.

Then, the discount codes are released. My husband calls. They don't have any standard rooms left, but they can get us into a preferred room and our total will be ~2467. Woohoo! Move to a preferred and save money.

Now, I really have my eyes on the Contemporary. We could get a garden wing room there. If we changed to the contemporary, it would be 2631.74, so still less than we originally budgeted.

Should we do it?

Our first night we have reservations at 1900 Park Fare, and it would be WAY easier to get there from contemporary than CBR. Still, we don't NEED to change hotels. We could pocket the extra $200 and use it on expenses while there. I worry that if we go to a deluxe it will ruin us forever...we've never even stayed at a Moderate! Still, a monorail resort? I never thought I'd be able to do it!

So what should we do?

Last edited:
I probably wouldn't, only because I don't think I'd be in the room long enough. I'd rather have the savings to out towards something else. BUT if I was going to go deluxe CR would be one of the ones I'd make the jump for.

I think you should do it! I stayed at the CR for my 16th birthday and I absolutely loved it. It's so easy to have the monorail right at the hotel and it allows for more time at MK so you don't have to go park and go through the TTC. Plus, it would make amazing memories!!

Always stay at the best possible resort your budget will allow. Even if it's just for one night. Even if you never do it again. You'll either fall in love and stay in deluxes forever, or you'll realize that all the fuss is pointless. If I were to do anything, I'd ditch that deluxe dining plan and stay 3 nights in the CR and eat more modestly. Still doing sit downs, but maybe just the one special one, and the rest at places you can order off the menu (rather than fixed price) and split meals or something.

You have the money. The difference is less than $200. I would switch to the CR in a heartbeat!

Always stay at the best possible resort your budget will allow. Even if it's just for one night. Even if you never do it again. You'll either fall in love and stay in deluxes forever, or you'll realize that all the fuss is pointless. If I were to do anything, I'd ditch that deluxe dining plan and stay 3 nights in the CR and eat more modestly. Still doing sit downs, but maybe just the one special one, and the rest at places you can order off the menu (rather than fixed price) and split meals or something.
I agree with this. While I understand what you're trying to do with the 1 day of DxDP, that is a LOT OF FOOD in a 24-36 hour period.

For this little of savings Splug and go with CR the ease of walking to MK and access to tons of dining right on the monorail loop!! I vote to do it!! Then post your opinion on garden wing because that's were I'm booked for next December!!

If your first day on property is MK and 1900, maybe CR. Just for ease of transportation to & from GF & MK.
But.....,then again, for one night you really won't be at the resort much to enjoy it, and saving the $200 is attractive.

I would definitely pay $200 extra for the CR! I really wanted to stay there and be on the monerail, but when I am going it is $250 more per night then the POFQ so for me it is a huge increase. I keep hoping for a big sale so I can switch to a monerail resort.

I made the switch! :-) We just thought it would be so much easier, especially with our dining plans.

We are keeping the Deluxe Dining because my husband doesn't feel like we're on vacation until we eat delicious food. Plus, we plan to use our snack credits at Flower & Garden, a real money saver. It's a lot of food in 30 hours, but then we will have seen the Cinderella, the other princesses, and Mickey & Pluto. We can cross those off our list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter