Could we be any hotter??? Our JUNE Trip Report (Pics, Pics, Pics!)

Ms Courtney~

GREAT makeup tips......reading your post, I realized that I have way TOO much makeup, and I hardly ever wear it......so I am officially signing up for the "Courtney Makeup Club"......your gonna get the credit for finally getting me motivated again for all my old "girly" habits :laughing:

BTW, where'd you get your makeup bag....it TOTALLY would match my luggage.

Now that you have given up the makeup tips. Now time for the home decorating tips..............LOL. You will have to do something to keep your loyal readers going. You now have a long list of followers.

I have really enjoyed reading your report and all of your posts. Thank you for letting me in on your vacation, and home, and makeup tips............LOL.

You wont be able to miss me! I have the best pair of lime green crocs!!! When I bought them, I had no idea about the whole team focker watch thing. i guess that lime green is their color. maybe i should get on the thread about it and check them out!

Looks like there will be a few people from this trip report at Pop. We are there from August 13th to 21st.

I am all caught up Courtney. Great TR! Sounds like you and Ryan had so much fun! We had a great time too inspite of SF. They either checked out or started to mind their manners after I called the front desk because we never heard another peep from them!:cool1:

Do you know where Dehnam Springs is? I graduated from there in the late 80s.

~Allyson

Hey Allyson!

Actually, I teach dancing in Denham Springs!!!! How funny! I go there (and sit through the awful traffic!) twice a week!!!

I'm so glad S.F. didn't bother you after you called the front desk!!! I wish I would have done that!

Paula Deen has a great accent! We met her in person last year... she was in New Jersey at a home show. Just adorable in person, but she didn't do any of the actual "cooking", she had lots of assistants! ;)
She did a Q & A session, and picked Dana for one of the questions..
Dana stood and asked, "How old were you when you started to cook?" and she said, "Sugar, I was 17 - Just you remember, fine age for you to start to cook, but TOO YOUNG FOR YOU TO GET MARRIED!" :rotfl:
Renée

Awww, how sweet! Paula seems like she'd be really sweet in person... And, I doubt she does any of that cooking... All of those famous "Martha Stewart"/cooking shows have so many assistants that they really don't do much but smile for the camera =)

OH NO! I'm sitting here waitng with baited breath!! I guess I'll go cook dinner for my family (what? They have to eat again???) :rotfl2: and check back later!

~Allyson

This made me laugh!

Mine was very nice courtney(sunday). Its a lot of fun
watching chloe change and grow. Can't wait till I can take
her to meet the mouse and friends!:cutie:

Good! I bet Chloe is at the stage where everytime you see her she's growing and changing!!! How fun!

My weekend went well thank you! I went into NYC to drop my nephew off at my aunt's house. It was a bit sad :sad2: since he had been with us for the past 3 weeks. But he has to return to my sis in FL to get ready for school.

Sunday was spent running errands and such. And reading my Unoffical Guide to WDW!! WOOHOO!!!!:cool1:

Glad your weekend went well! Much anticipating those make up tips! Will log back on later to check them out!

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!! Too bad you had to drop off your nephew =(

Don't the summers go so fast??? Back to school already... I'm dreading the traffic that develops at LSU when students come back! It's impossible to get anywhere!

Can't Wait! You are so sweet to go through all of this for your admirers :yay:

No problem =) Glad you are reading along!

I did it for a living in College.....but now it's just something fun for the Kids!!!!!
& yes it's a Blast!!!!
:cool2:

SO COOL!!!!!! I bet the kids LOVE it!

Here are some pictures of my good 'ol Island :)

Cape Breton Island

baddeck (small town in Cape Breton...Matt & I were married there)

PS....Do you have a facebook account?

WOW!!!! So beautiful!!!!!!! Oh, my goodness, those are fabulous pictures!

Yes, I have a facebook! Do you??? PM me your name and I'll add you as a friend!

Great Tips...but where are the color combinations...like Blue & Red & well Black & the all Important White thats white if you can't see it....These are Important colors to the Clown!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:cool2:

Hahahaha-- definitely no blue, red, or white for me!!!! Love them on you though!

Wow thanks Courtney, you are amazingly thorough! I will have to go and get some of the powder to play around with.

That powder is the BEST!

OK... Make-up talk brought this girly-girl out of lurkdom! Thanks so much for your trip report. You were so sweet to take the effort to put together all of those make-up tips.

After reading, I went on to the Mary Kay website to look into ordering the oil stopper stuff for your nose. (So awesome for summer!) Anyway, I noticed on their website that they're looking for entries for the MaryKay "Model of Beauty" right now. You should totally enter!

Disers, don't you think Courtney could win!? :cutie:

Thanks again!
YAY for YOU!!!! I'm so glad you're out of lurkdom!!!!! I'm glad you've enjoyed reading along! Thank you so much!

Oh, my goodness, that is so flattering that you think I could be their "Model of Beauty"!!! Wow! Thank you so much!

Wonder what the winner gets??? Free makeup... hum....

Oh, that is a GREAT IDEA!!!!!

Ok, Courtney, I love you and I love your look, but those are WAY TOO MANY STEPS for little ole me. :lmao: I guess I am doomed to a life of semi-beauty. :rotfl:

No more Merle Normans around here. :sad1: I used to love their products.

Didn't know you could buy Mary Kay online - I only knew it by the pushy sales reps. lol

Lancome makes a great powder also - sounds similar to what you use. If you dampen the sponge it goes on like foundation, but I just wear it dry.

And, I totally agree that Maybelline Great Lash in the pink bottle is amazing. Started using Lancome, but will go back to the Great Lash. Can't beat the price! lol

I thought you were going to actually make a video of the steps... :goodvibes

Renée

Few things:
1. girl, these tips are SO super easy. It takes me about 12 minutes to do my makeup-- not long at all... I'm a pro at it now!
2. You have way more than semi-beauty! You are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are!
3. Too bad you don't have Merle Normans anymore--- I love that powder!
4. I know what you mean about Mary Kay. I only buy from a few select ladies that are not pushy at all. The pushy ones give them all a bad reputation.
5. Never tried the lancome brand... Sounds cool that you could wear it wet or dry!
6. Maybeline great lash is the BEST and SO Cheap!!!!
7. No video of the tips--- Uh-oh, was that what everyone was expecting? Oops =)

She could definitely win! Thanks for the tips.....

~Allyson

Awww.. Thanks so much Allyson!

i love these tr's! i learn so much and i cant wait for my trip to WDW with DH DD8 and DD6! Just 22 more days to go!!!:cool1: The girls have no idea about the trip. DH and I are going to tell them when we get to the airport. So much fun! Well, back to reading now!

P.S...what beautiful pics of you and your DH!!

Wow only 22 more days???? That's SO soon!!!! You are going to have such a GREAT time! And it's a surprise???? How fabulous! You need to read LizAgna's TR b/c she surprised her two girls with a trip too!

Have such a great time, and THANK YOU so much for reading, posting, and for your nice comments!

Hi Courtney
So bummed that this TR is over as I fully enjoyed every it of it(even though I only came out of lurkville and posted a few times).
Anyway glad to get some makup-tips and cant wait to read your mini-TR on your beach vacation. When do you go??And to where??

That's totally okay that you only posted a few times! I'm just glad you were here reading the whole time! Thank you so much for reading, and posting!

We leave for Pensacola, FL on Thursday... We return on Monday... I'll post pics when I get back!

I have been working on reading your TR all day, finally finished it and gotta say - You guys are sooo cute, Maddie too. What a great TR you really put alot of time and thought into it. We are going in 50 days and I was pretty calm about it till now, now I can't wait.
Loved the videos, your house is great just wait for the kiddies it won't be so clean. At least mine isn't anymore.
Plan another trip soon that was a good one. :)

Awww... Thank you so much! I'm so glad you found my TR! Thank you so much for reading! You are going to have such a wonderful trip--- in ONLY 50 DAYS!!!!! Wahoo for you!

Wow, you know how I mentioned we were so alike?! We use the exact same makeup products also!!!

Just joking, but I do use the NYC concealer & the Maybeline Great Lash mascara! I have also found the NYC foundation (I'm pretty sure I have not walked out of the house without foundation since I was 15!) & lipstick to be pretty good & way cheaper than most brands. What can I say, I am VERY FRUGAL :) Anything to save a buck. Thanks for the tips!

Oh, how funny! I love the NYC brand! You are right, anything to save a buck! Love it!

Courtney, I love makeup too and of course I buy way to much. I don't use liquid foundation either. I use MAC Studio fix, it's a colored powder. I have never tried what you use, but I would give it a try. I think a girl can't go wrong with Maybelline Great Lash, I think almost every girl I know uses it, or always comes back to it...lol

You are exactly right! That mascara is AWESOME!
I hear all of the MAC makeup is really good too, but it's a little expensive for me. They have REALLY cool eyeshadow colors though!

I have a question....what do you wash your face with? I use Dove cause I'm an old lady (just made 39 - ACK!:eek: ) but I was wondering is you used something else.

I love my Great Lash too. Its all I have ever used.

I use proactive on my face, and acne aid. Acne aid is a bar of soap that I wash my face with. Then I do the proactive scrub, followed by the proactive cream at night.

Dove is really good--- do you like it?

And you are TOTALLY NOT an old lady!

Gotta give it up for MAC Studio Fix. My fave. I also buy WAYYY too much makeup. But then I end up using the same exact stuff as always. Oh well!

I ALWAYS end up using the same old stuff too! Trying new things is fun, but it never looks as good on my face as it does in the tube!

I need to get some of that Mary-Kay Eyeshadow! Love it!

Yeah, girl, it's awesome!

subbing-a little late I know but I just found your TR.:goodvibes Wicked awsome makeup tips...I will be trying a few of them out! Beautiful wedding pics and house pics (way back at the beggining of the TR). what a nice looking couple you guys are!--and your little dog too!

Yay! Who cares about late??? At least you're here! Ever heard of "fashionably late"??? There you go! Thanks so much for reading! I'm so glad you enjoyed the makeup tips and the pictures! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

hey there!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the tips!! i'm a makeup girl myself, so i was proud to see i do many of the things you listed! i am obsessed with eyelashes, so the mascara part is my longest and most tedious part of the process as well! i don't know if you have this store near you, but i LOVE ulta. it's a makeup store, kind of like a sephora except ulta's makeup is cheaper. if you have one near you, you should check it out. i used to be a nyc girl, but i found this store (and the bare minerals line) and im hooked.

LOVED your report! you're so cute!

Hey! Oh my goodness, the mascara part is SO tedious!

We don't have a sephora or an ultas... Too bad! But if we did, I'd probably be there every day!

Thank you so much for reading! Glad you liked the TR!!!!

OK I googled merle norman and ya cant buy the product online....very sad! Looks like I will have to stick with bare minerals but will be buying your eye colors and trying to apply like you said. thanks for taking the time to write all that out!!! :banana:

I hear bare minerals is good though! Too bad you don't have Merle Norman though-- It's really good!

Let me know if you do try the makeup tips! I love success stories!

Hi Courney Loved the Tips! Ive never put blush on with my bronzer. Ill try today;) and the mascara tip thank you! I hate wearing water proof on top and bottom Ill def. try just the bottom!
Thanks its always great to hear someones perspective on things!
Thank you again for the great tips and the TR.
Nettii:goodvibes

Hey!
Yes-- blush with bronzer is great! Gives lots of color! Did you try it today? If so, how'd it go?

Yes, waterproof only on the bottom. I don't get much volume on the top if I use waterproof.

Glad you liked the TR! Thanks SO much for reading and posting!

Yeah 6000 sq ft is something amazing! I remember back in my "dreaming" days when Matt & I first started dating (we knew we were going to get married and spend our lives together early on) we used to look at house plans and I can remember that I wanted a plan that was 5500 sg ft! That's NEVER gonna happen! Anyways, we are thinking somewhere in the lines of 2000 to 2500 sg ft and the nice thing is we'll be putting a livable basement so that'll double our square footage :banana: (Pretty much every house around here has a basement!!) I can't wait for that day to come...we are thinking next summer we will start, right now we are trying to find the "perfect" plan :cloud9:

Yes, 6000 sq feet was HUGE! OH my goodness, I don't know what they do with all of that space... I think 2500 would be perfect! Ours is only 2106, but it's perfect for us at this point in our lives!

And we don't even have basements! Is that funny? We have attics-- above the roof! That's where we store everything. But no one has a basement here!

I know you'll find the perfect plan! And it's going to be so much fun to watch it come to life as you build it!

Thanks Courtney :hug:

OK about the makeup tips please don't look too closely at my holiday photos when I come back because I *GASP* only wear a bit of lip gloss at the parks :faint: OK confession over :rotfl2:

Whatever, I'm sure you look fabulous with just your little bit of lip gloss!

I can't wait to see your pictures... Have a great trip!

Thanks for the tips Courtney!!! I think I do mostly everything that you do but the 5 coats of mascara!! LOL

And I have never heard of Merle Norman products! I am an Avon type of girl!!

I have used Avon things before-- I used to work with a lady that sold it. But since she left, I haven't gotten any more stuff. Avon's got some really cool, fun stuff!

Loved the makeup tips! I will have to look into that Merle Norman powder, there is one not far from where I live. I am loving the bare minerals foundation now, because it goes on like a powder but gives you the coverage of base. I hate the icky lines that can appear on the jaw/neck.

I like the maybelline mascara too, but the best is their extended lash kind with the little wand. It gets every little eyelash! Also, do you use a eyelash curler? Your eyelashes were always curled in your pictures I noticed.

No eyelash curler for me! I'm so scared of those things. I'm so spazzy that if I attempted to do that, I'd jerk my arm and pull out all of my eyelashes. So serious! I'm so spastic!

My maybelline has a curved brush, so maybe that helps curl the lashes =)

Our DD6 was going to be Emily Claire...DH won in the name battle in the end and we now have Anna Michelle instead! I love her name but I still really like Emily Claire

Both are very pretty names! Do you call Anna Michelle that, or do you just call her "Anna"?

Courtney -

One of the best TR I have read on here and I have been lurking for years! Can't wait to read the next one (you know you are planning that next trip already, if only in your head!). I have a pug at home so you may be getting some business from me sometime soon!

Samantha :) :yay: :thumbsup2 :flower3: :cheer2:

Thanks Sam! I'm so glad you enjoyed reading! And I'm super glad that you finally came out of lurkesville! Yay for you!

Now, you know, that little pug of yours needs to be dressed, right?! hahaha, just kidding, but dressed doggies are really cute!

Courtney~ PLEASE do what Kahluacream suggested and ENTER THE CONTEST!!
You are the ultimate spokeswoman! Thanks so much for the great tips. Like you said, even if we pick up a thing or two, it'll be great. Little by little...
Thanks again! P.S. PLEASE let us know what you decide with your hair!!

Aww.. thank you so much for thinking that! I have never thought of myself as a model for beauty or a spokeswoman for anything! But you DIS friends sure know how to make a girl feel good about herself!

Yall are so SWEET!

I totally will let yall know about my hair! We can keep the thread going, and when I get it done, I'll post a picture!

Ms Courtney~

GREAT makeup tips......reading your post, I realized that I have way TOO much makeup, and I hardly ever wear it......so I am officially signing up for the "Courtney Makeup Club"......your gonna get the credit for finally getting me motivated again for all my old "girly" habits :laughing:

BTW, where'd you get your makeup bag....it TOTALLY would match my luggage.

Thank you so much! I have SO much more makeup than I actually use too! It just sits in my makeup bag and never gets used!

Wahoo! I love the "Courtney Makeup Club!"

Who else is a member? Hahaha! So funny!

Humm.... Where'd I get my makeup bag??? It was a really long time ago-- somewhere in the mall. Maybe Dillards or JC Penney or somewhere like that. I've had it forever.

Now that you have given up the makeup tips. Now time for the home decorating tips..............LOL. You will have to do something to keep your loyal readers going. You now have a long list of followers.

I have really enjoyed reading your report and all of your posts. Thank you for letting me in on your vacation, and home, and makeup tips............LOL.

Hahaha! I totally don't have home decorating tips! Mine is still in a "don't really know what I want to do with this room, this space, this window, etc" kinda mood.

Humm... What can we do to keep the thread going???? Ideas anyone????

Thank you so much for reading! I'm glad you were here for the vacation, to explore my home, and to read about my makeup tips!!!! It's been GREAT having you here!!!! Thank you so much!

I took a look at your doggie website. So Cute!!! Please let me know when you start making clothes for Giant dogs :) The large size on there would not cut it just yet ;)
For now, I will resort to the people clothes that I dress them up in.

Courtney, MAC does have great makeup and their eye colors are the best. I have to make myself stay awhile from the MAC counter or I will go broke...lol

Courtney - have a WONDERFUL time in Pensacola! Make sure we get to see lots of PICTURES! :beach:

Renée

Hey Girl, have fun at the beach, and loved the make up tips, but sadly not really much new info for me. We southern women all know the same tricks pretty much(give or take a few!;) )

Great Trip Report, Did you guys start to plan a trip back yet?

Your lurking comments made me and my DW come out and start posting, now we are starting our own Pretrip Report, not sure how good it will be, but were gonna give it a shot.

Hi Courtney,

I've decided to come out of my shell and make my first ever post! You've inspired me...haha. I read your entire report and loved it! It's nice to read a report I can relate to. My husband and I are about the same age as you and your husband. It was nice to see another couple that has as much fun as we do at WDW. Anytime I mention to my friends that we're going to Disney again, the response is usually, "What?? You're going there again??". They think we're really weird, but we don't care! If we're weird for being obsessed with Disney, then so be it! They just don't get the Disney love. I especially loved the makeup tips. I love trying new things out with my makeup. I actually wore some bronzer with my blush today and I have to say, you know what you're talking about! It looked really good. So, thanks for the great report! Are you planning another trip anytime soon?

Colleen princess:

I took a look at your doggie website. So Cute!!! Please let me know when you start making clothes for Giant dogs :) The large size on there would not cut it just yet ;)
For now, I will resort to the people clothes that I dress them up in.

Thanks so much! I've actually custom made clothes for 90 lb dogs! Most big-dog people get bandannas and collars though =)

Courtney, MAC does have great makeup and their eye colors are the best. I have to make myself stay awhile from the MAC counter or I will go broke...lol

No kidding! I think my friend owns stock MAC b/c she owns so much of their makeup- I think she has every eye color!

Courtney - have a WONDERFUL time in Pensacola! Make sure we get to see lots of PICTURES! :beach:

Renée

Thanks girl--- And don't worry-- You KNOW I'll be coming back with TONS of pictures to post!

Hey Girl, have fun at the beach, and loved the make up tips, but sadly not really much new info for me. We southern women all know the same tricks pretty much(give or take a few!;) )

Hey CK!
Thanks so much! I can't wait for the beach! We leave bright and early in the am.

Have fun at the beach Courtney! There's nothing like a relaxing beach vacation!

~Allyson

Hey Allyson! Thanks so much! I'm so EXCITED!!!!

Just read it all and I love it.

Thanks so much Kim! Glad you enjoyed it, and glad you're here!

Great Trip Report, Did you guys start to plan a trip back yet?

Your lurking comments made me and my DW come out and start posting, now we are starting our own Pretrip Report, not sure how good it will be, but were gonna give it a shot.

Nope, no trip set yet. I am SO PROUD of you and your wife for coming out of lurkedom!!!!! GEAUX YOU!!! I'll have to check out your pre-TR! I'm sure it'll be great!

Hi Courtney,

I've decided to come out of my shell and make my first ever post! You've inspired me...haha. I read your entire report and loved it! It's nice to read a report I can relate to. My husband and I are about the same age as you and your husband. It was nice to see another couple that has as much fun as we do at WDW. Anytime I mention to my friends that we're going to Disney again, the response is usually, "What?? You're going there again??". They think we're really weird, but we don't care! If we're weird for being obsessed with Disney, then so be it! They just don't get the Disney love. I especially loved the makeup tips. I love trying new things out with my makeup. I actually wore some bronzer with my blush today and I have to say, you know what you're talking about! It looked really good. So, thanks for the great report! Are you planning another trip anytime soon?

Colleen princess:

Awww, Colleen, thank you so much!!!! I'm so honored that this is your very first post =) Thank you SO much for reading, posting, enjoying, and coming out of lurkedom!!! Great for you!!!!!

You are totally not weird for being obsessed with Disney--- but of course, I'm going to tell you that b/c I'm a DISer =) I think anyone who's on the DIS is wacky about WDW!!!!

Fantastic trip report! Sounds as though you had a perfect trip!

Emma
x

Hi Emma!!!! Thank you so much! So glad you came along to read my TR!

I just checked out your doggie clothes website! OMGoshness! How adorable! We are thinking of getting a fur baby sometime next year, and we are leaning towards getting a little girly puppy. We will DEFINITELY be ordering some custom made clothing, much to my hubby's dismay. DD says she definitely wants the Minnie Costume! LOL

Courtney please post your Dog clothes site again as Disneydad is having trouble finding it!!!

thanks

Originally Posted by Colleen111
Hi Courtney,

Colleen

Colleen, your not the only couple that are young and enjoy disney!! DH & I are the same age as you and your DH (as well as Courtney & Ryan!!) :banana: DH & I love :love: disney world sooo much! We went for our honeymoon in 2005, then back again this past April!! :goodvibes Now we are planning a 2 week vacation for August 2008!!! (Then one for 2009, 2010 etc...etc...you get my point :woohoo: )

Thanks for all the great makeup tips!! I was never into makeup as a teenager therefore I never really learned "the proper way" now that i've lost weight, i'm looking forward to experimenting!!

I just checked out your doggie clothes website! OMGoshness! How adorable! We are thinking of getting a fur baby sometime next year, and we are leaning towards getting a little girly puppy. We will DEFINITELY be ordering some custom made clothing, much to my hubby's dismay. DD says she definitely wants the Minnie Costume! LOL

Aww!!! Yes, my Ryan ALWAYS takes off Maddie's clothes when I put her in them!!!! He just "doesn't get it" =)

Little girl puppies are the best! Keep me updated if you get one!

Courtney please post your Dog clothes site again as Disneydad is having trouble finding it!!!

thanks

Sure-
www.WagginRags.com

Originally Posted by Colleen111

Colleen, your not the only couple that are young and enjoy disney!! DH & I are the same age as you and your DH (as well as Courtney & Ryan!!) :banana: DH & I love :love: disney world sooo much! We went for our honeymoon in 2005, then back again this past April!! :goodvibes Now we are planning a 2 week vacation for August 2008!!! (Then one for 2009, 2010 etc...etc...you get my point :woohoo: )

Wow! TWO weeks???!!! That's AWESOME!!!

Thanks for all the great makeup tips!! I was never into makeup as a teenager therefore I never really learned "the proper way" now that i've lost weight, i'm looking forward to experimenting!!

Ohh!!! I hope you can pick up some good tips that work on your skin/color tone, etc! Post pictures if you try any tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter