Countdown Song

Eeyore's Wife

DIS Veteran
Well, our crew is 12 days away from our December Disney Celebration:santa:!

We are all about to go crazy with the an.....tici..............pation.
Well, one thing led to another, and I said, we really need a twelve days of Disney Song.

This is the result of that musing.

On the first day of Disney Uncle Walt gave to me:
just 1 Mickey in the park.
2 sides of the Matterhorn
3 Caballeros
4 Macaws Enchanting
5 Magic Castles
6 Mountains Soaring
7 Dwarves a Digging
8 Subs Submerging
9 Princesses Primping
10 Dumbos Flying
11 Countries Showcasing
12 Astros Orbiting

So, in case you were wondering there may only be One Mickey Mouse visible in the park at any one time. Walt's orders.:smickey:

There are two sides of the Matterhorn.

There are Three Caballeros: Josse Carioca, Panchito Pistoles, and Donald Duck. :dance3: The movie was a favorite of a foster child of mine.

There are four macaws that host the REAL Enchanted Tiki Room: Michael, Jose, Pierre, and the wonderful Fritz.

The five castles are found in Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Hong Kong, and Disneyland Tokyo.:wizard:

The six mountains are Splash Mt., Space Mt., Big Thunder Mt., Everest (of Expedition fame), Matterhorn, and Grizzly Peak. :rainbow: Some adorable person may point out there are also Mt. Mayday and Mt. Gushmore at the water parks, but they aren't in the running because those are NOT Disney parks, they are just water parks Disney happens to own and since this is my list, I can set the parameters as I see fit.:rotfl2:

The Seven Dwarves are Doc, Dopey, Sleepy, Sneezy, Happy, Bashful, and Grumpy.:jumping1:

The eight Submarines are Nautilus, Scout, Voyager, Mariner, Seafarer, Explorer, Neptune, and Argonaut. pirate:

The Nine Princesses which are currently featured in the Official Disney Princess Marketing Push are as follows: Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Tiana. Each of these ladies is a princess by virtue of being the daughter of a king, or bride of a prince (in the case of Mulan the romantic interest of a prince). :rotfl2:

The ten Dumbos refers to the Original Dumbo ride which I remember from my childhood. The ride has since been refurbished to have 16 Dumbos, but I will always have a special place for the original ten Dumbos. That was when you actually got some space between yourself and the elephant bottom flying ahead of you. :dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:
:dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:

The eleven contries of the World Showcase are: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Italy, United States, Japan, Morocco, France, United Kingdom, and Canada. :grouphug::grouphug:

The Astro Blaster Ride features twelve rockets all spinning and launching.:yay:

Whee, I hope you enjoy my little song.

We are big Disney Dorks at this house, and it didn't really take that long to write. The funniest bits were things like...."there are currently eleven monorail trains at Walt Disney World, but that is only because of the accident. They will be back at 12 soon, so lets not use the monorail trains this time, but next year..."

We are kind of doing the song backwards with the kids, like an advent calendar. So, today was eleven days...so we sang the song with days twelve and eleven. Tomorrow we get to add the 10 Dumbos Flying!

We are using it like a countdown. The kids are all trying to guess what the numbers will be. My son has pegged that seven will be about the seven dwarfs, because he knows his momma and her love for Snow White.

He also has said 3 Caballeros, but has also floated several other ideas. Man these kids are creative, they have come up with several more creative ideas than I managed to put together. They have also asked lots of great questions like....

How many rooms are there in the Haunted Mansion...Pirates Ride...the castle? How many drops in the Tower of Terror? How many pieces of chicken on a Bengal BBQ skewer?

My son is convinved that two will refer to the number of waterfalls on Pirates.

This has ended up being a great way to count down these last crazy days. I imagine we will be singing this song a lot on the 12 hour car ride to California.

Whee, here we come.

i love the song, the princess part stings though

Mulan's love interest is a General in the Chinese army, not a prince in any way...i know they want to add *options* to the princesses, so they have Pocahontas (technically a princess, but not really a princess) and Mulan for good measure....Mulan is in no way a princess, as much as Alice is.

I havent seen the Princess and the Frog yet, so i dont know if Tiana is actually a princess, but seems unlikely that there was a matriarchy suddenly in place in New Orleans (again, havent seen it, so i dont know)

Mulan is one of the strongest women they present, she doesnt need to be a Princess, she saves a continent of people

i love the Princesses, btw...just not all the sickly pink everything HAS to be....i love pink, and its too much pink (my 2 yr old niece loves it though, so they are doing something right)

very very cute song though, i love the thought that went into it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter