Countdown to the Clown! A September PTR - Updated 9/13 - TR LINK

brookelizabeth

Jambo Wildbunch Gang
:welcome:

Six months ago I would have never thought we would be taking a trip to Disney World. Our house in Minnesota was on the market, as it had been for three years with absolutely no offers. We wanted to move. We needed to move (for a plethora of reasons). Yet we were stuck, and the economy in our small town wasn’t getting any better. In February we decided we were DONE chasing the falling economy and had to make some drastic choices. We dropped the price on the house dramatically (again), put our DVC up for sale and starting counting every single penny. There were to be no vacations this year.

Let me tell you, it was NOT fun! :crazy2:

Within 2 months, we had a buyer for our DVC, we sighed with a frown as we accepted the low-ball offer.

A week later,

We had a buyer for our house, WE REJOICED!

Fast forward two months, the buyer for DVC has disappeared and there is problems with the financing for the sale of the house.

:headache:

But….

DH is also offered a fantastic position, in a different branch of his same company, in New York City – where we ultimately wanted to move to.

:yay:

So we took it and hoped for the best with the house as we moved across the country.

As soon as DH got hired with the new position, he looked at me and said "Book it!" I knew exactly what he was referring to! The DVC went OFF the market and the trip was booked!

AND the most recent news, the house looks like it’s finally going to close after 3 months of delays!!

:yay::yay:

A quick introduction of our cast of characters:

DH – Joe
759453401_SCYna-M.jpg

Loves going to Disney World as much as I do, but also requests some down time in the vacation, including pool time and having at least one day of no plans...he would prefer there to be more, and I would gladly plan that in if our trip was longer!

Favorite park: Epcot
Favorite ride: Space Mountain

Me – Brook
759620415_JreiY-M.jpg

I am the CVO - Chief Vacation Officer, of the household. I love planning our trips. I attempt to plan loosely for Joe's sake, but always have ideas/plans in the back of my head. Over the past few trips we have found a good balance of planning and “winging it” that satisfies us both.

Both Joe and I are into history and anything techy - so we often find similar attractions at WDW interesting, like Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress.

Favorite park: This is a difficult one, but I think it's Animal Kingdom. However, if I only had one day to spend at a park, it would be the Magic Kingdom. If that makes any sense. :rolleyes1 (or could I just buy hoppers and do a 4 Parks in 1 Day sorta deal?)

Favorite ride: Space Mountain

As you can see with both love the thrill rides as well!

Our most favorite thing to do while at WDW though is to experience the magic of the parks through the eyes of our little man, Henry.

759578950_2kJrT-M.jpg

He will be turning 3 on September 1 and is currently very into Monster's Inc and Toy Story, Buzz Lightyear in particular. He also loves Cars - but they have taken a bit of a backseat lately to Buzz and Monsters Inc. This will be his 5th trip to Disney World, or "Mickey's House" as he calls it, and the 6th for Joe and I.

When?
Henry and I: September 2 – 9
Joe: September 3 – 9
(explanation of the differences later in the report!)

Where?
A preferred view (garden or pool) Studio at the Boardwalk Villas!

759691809_78yAz-M.jpg

561013173_e55Q9-M.jpg

759691780_PFwdu-M.jpg

759691788_63eMn-M.jpg

561013453_gXvhm-M.jpg

561013469_fvUtn-M.jpg

And of course, we CANNOT forget about The Clown.
bwpool0817.jpg

(Photo credit to AllEars.net)

Did you know his eyes glow at night? As if he wasn’t creepy enough!
785658486_jjRRF-L.jpg

(Photo credit to DISer annewjerz)

So, you ready to head down to the Boardwalk with this crew? Join in for all the PTR fun, including DIS Meets, ADRs, daily plans, family traditions, the all important snack choices – and of course there will be bag, shoe and travel sized toiletry discussions!

Whew, lots to cover and just 33 days to do it…let’s roll!

Table of Contents

I'm here too! yayyy! :) Can't wait to see and hear all about this trip!

I am here too! Glad you got to keep your dvc and crossing fingers that the house gets sold... what a stressor I am sure!

I am interested in your thoughts on the Boardwalk too. We went for a night swim in the pool.... or really the girls and DH did. Luke slept and then played at the playground. We did a small bit of exploring... hope you do more and give me your two cents, I hope we stay there soon!

Hi Brook! I'm afraid I was lurking for the last few weeks in your TR, but I was right there and always enjoying it. I'm so glad that this next trip (and your new NYC life, in general) has come together for yall. Can't wait to get started on the PTR. :thumbsup2

Here !! I'm here!! On page one! WOOT!

I totally understand having a favorite park that if you only had one day to do the World you wouldn't go to! :lmao:

I'm the same wayyyyyyyyyy!!! Epcot is my fave but Magic Kingdom would have to be the park (obviously.... that's our plan NEXT WEEK) if we only had one day to be in the parks!

I understand having a hubby that likes to relax and not plan and having secret plans in the back of your head anyway! :rolleyes1 Exactly the same with our bunch!

Can't wait to see Boardwalk through Brook's eyes!! 33 days!! It'll fly by!!!!!! :woohoo:

So glad to hear that the house is nearing close finally!! So happy for y'all! :yay:

Anxiously awaiting more of your plans! popcorn::

Great start, Brook.

The clown doesn't freak me out. I really hope it's warm enough in January for me to slide down him once. :rotfl2:

I'm here and can't wait to hear about all your plans. They will help us get through to October.

My thoughts exactly. :goodvibes

I am so glad it worked out for you to keep your DVC. Pinching pennies is not fun. I've become somewhat of an expert in that field. Heat and air kept to a minimum, lights off, no extras. It does work on your morale, but Disney trips are worth the sacrifices. I am so happy Joe got his good job.

Today is August, so...
you are going to Disney World next month! :dance3:

i'm here! We liked the boardwalk but since it was DH and I then...we did not go to the pool! Course we didn't go to the pool at the BEach club either when we had Caleb with us but then again it was only 40 degrees then! LOL! Caleb and my nephew would have loved them!

This is a special trip too! THe first time you have to pay for Henry! LOL!

I'm here, I'm here! I'm so excited that you guys get to go this trip!!! I love the title on the ticker!!!!

I'm here too! The clown may look creepy, but DH really like the slide hidden inside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter