Counter Service Recommendations

NC Disney Dad

Earning My Ears
My family (DW, DD3, DD1) will be spending the week after Thanksgiving in Disney World at AOA and I was looking for some recommendations for our counter service meals. We’re on the standard DDP and I already have our (character-heavy) TS meals planned out. None of us are picky eaters and my children generally have big appetites for their age. What we’re looking for is this....

A counter service recommendation for lunch in MK and AK, dinner in AK and HS, and also any outside the park suggestions you may have because we do have an off day planned and may not do dinner in AK or HS.

Thanks in advance!

AK is one of our favorite places for QS and the hardest place to make a decision. Satu'li would be a definite must. Flame Tree is also very good. We haven't had the chance, but would love to try to Harambe Market as well. All good with interesting choices.

MK is more traditional park fare, but if you can get an ADR (yes you need one here even for QS) for breakfast or lunch at BoG, it's at least a one-time meal for all since you get to go into Beast's castle. I think lunch has better food. Pinnochio Village Haus is one of our favorites. If you eat at an off time, you might be able to snag a table against the window that allows you to watch the boats launch at It's a Small World.

For the outside the park my suggestions would be Wolfgang Puck Express or Polite Pig in Disney Springs. Cooke's of Dublin is good but the menu is very limited.

My family (DW, DD3, DD1) will be spending the week after Thanksgiving in Disney World at AOA and I was looking for some recommendations for our counter service meals. We’re on the standard DDP and I already have our (character-heavy) TS meals planned out. None of us are picky eaters and my children generally have big appetites for their age. What we’re looking for is this....

A counter service recommendation for lunch in MK and AK, dinner in AK and HS, and also any outside the park suggestions you may have because we do have an off day planned and may not do dinner in AK or HS.

Thanks in advance!

In MK, we prefer Columbia Harbour House.

In AK, we like Satul'i Canteen and Flame Tree BBQ

Outside of a park - we like Blaze in DS. I'm not sure where you are staying, but if you are interested in visiting a resort, consider Gasparilla's at GF, Geyser Point at WL or The Mara at AK. They all have good food and the resorts are gorgeous. You could also consider Boardwalk Bakery (if the weather is nice as there is no inside seating) or Marketplace at Ale & Compass and then spend the evening doing activities on the Boardwalk.

We like Cosmic Ray and Pecos Bill in MK
Flametree BBQ in AK - Haven't tried Satu'li yet. Planning on it for Dec
I don't really eat QS is HS so can't help there.

We will also be there the same week.:) Our family likes Flame Tree in AK for lunch or dinner. In MK we like Pecos Bills or Pinnochio Village Haus. We don't really enjoy any of the QS in HS but we haven't tried Woody's Lunch box yet.

Without hesitation, at Animal Kingdom, ..Satu'li Canteen. Absolutely fantastic quick serve. It is really that good. Flame Tree is also good, but not as good. Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom is great. I wasn't wild about Cosmic Ray's. Neither was the rest of my family. If you want to get away for a minute, take the monorail over to the Polynesian and go to Captain Cooks. Still dreaming about their pulled pork nachos. I can't wait to go back. If you need suggestions at Disney Springs...without hesitation (again) Wolfgang Puck Express. Their spaghetti and meatballs, and their meatball pizza are incredible. Their meatloaf sandwich is awesome, too. Also, Earl of Sandwich is pretty great.

We like Cosmic Ray and Pecos Bill in MK
Flametree BBQ in AK - Haven't tried Satu'li yet. Planning on it for Dec
I don't really eat QS is HS so can't help there.

Yeah, I haven’t been super impressed by the reviews for HS counter service restaurants. We really want to do Fantasmic so we may just leave for dinner and try to be back in time to watch the show.

Thanks to everyone for their recommendations.

MK - Columbia Harbor House ( chicken, fish and chips and the like ) and at AK Yak and Yeti Local Food Cafes. ( this is the quick service next to the TS location - features standard Chinese fare )

Pinocchino Haus at MK is one of my favorite cs at Disney in general. I love the food and the theming as well. Its all Italian food and very good.

Restorantsaurus at AK is very good as well. They have great burgers and I really like the brownie they have for desert.

Gastons Tavern at MK is very good. They have a huge cinnamon bun they could feed a few people, also gaston is right around the corner for pictures.

Sommerfest at epcot serves brats and pretzels in germany and I always love going there

MK - clear choice is either Pecos Bills or Columbia Harbour House
AK - Satu'Li Canteen or Flame Tree. TS at AK Tiffins without a doubt.
DS - big fan of Polite Pig.
TS in HS Brown Derby is my first choice, Mama Melrose is second.

You might want to give Olivia's at OKW a try. They usually don't book up and have some nice comfort foods like the Buttermilk Southernmost Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and cream gravy (chicken is boneless chicken breast). It's not counter service though.

You might also try Artist's Palette at SSR for a counter service.

AK- Satulli is fantastic, it actually made us stop going to Flame Tree, which has been our favorite for years.
MK - honestly, it’s worth it to take a boat ride over to WL to try Geyser Point! It is beautiful there, and the food was great! I had a Bison burger, which was the best burger I ever had anywhere!! Amazing If you go for a later dinner, you can watch the Electric Parade and the fireworks right from there. Very cool.

For a QS Dinner while at AK, I would suggest taking a bus over to AKL, and trying Mara. It’s good food, and while you are there you can explore one of the most beautiful resorts on property, especially seeing the animals.

Flame Tree BBQ at AK.
Columbia Harbour House at MK for quality but the meals are not large.
Wolfgang Puck Express at DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter