• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Counter Service Resturants With Air Conditioning

disneyfn

Welcomed Cast Member
The wife doesnt do so well in the heat so I'm posing the question:

Which Counter Service Resturants With Air Conditioning do you recomend?

Thanks in advance for the help!

disneyfn said:
Which Counter Service Resturants With Air Conditioning do you recomend?
Thanks in advance for the help!

I think they all have air conditioning inside, so as long as you find a place with indoor seating you should be OK.

Places I know like that are

Cosmic Ray's (Tommorowland, Magic Kingdom)
Electric Umbrella (Epcot, Future World)
ABC Commissary (Disney MGM Studios)
Restaurauntasaurus (Dinoland, Animal Kingdom)

Cosmic Rays over in the MK is pretty good. Tusker House in AK is also good - we always eat breakfast there.

Every counter service rest. where we ate inside had a/c. So I know that Cosmic Ray's in MK did and whatever the main one at Future world is called and Pizza Planet at MGM. At AK, we ate at Flame Tree which is outside. I think we also ate at Casey's Hot Dog stand (?) in MK, but I think all the seating is outside. Oh and the American counter service in the 'around the world' part of Epcot was also air conditioned. I think pretty much everything is air conditioned there - I didn't go anywhere that wasn't, I know that much.

I am pretty sure that it would be inhumane for a counter service restaurant not to have AC for the sake of their employees, so just make sure you get a seat inside.

Columbia Harbour House at MK, the upstairs seating area is really nice and it's big so you can usually find a seat with no problem. :cool1:

They pretty much all have air conditioning, even though a few places offer outside seating as well.

:teeth:

The only exception I can think of off the top of my head would be the little snack stands along Sunset Blvd at MGM (Rosie's All-American Cafe), which all have outside seating exclusively.

The Electric Umbrella - part of one of the Innovations buildings near the entrance (I just came so close to calling it communicore, LOL), is a great counter service that always has plenty of great seating, especailly in the upper levels. It's often overlooked at lunch time because people have made it deeper into the park by that point in the day. Plus, there is a great deal of glass walls to observe the park outside while you eat. The only other burgers/fries/chicken fast food in Epcot is at American Adventure clear across the park - which has similar fare and has a spacious dining room - but is very isolated from the rest of the park, unlike the Umbrella where you can watch the magic from the peace (relative peace) inside while you eat.

N.E.D.

Flame Tree BBQ and Rosie's and Starring Rolls at MGM are the main ones I can think of that serve a meal but don't have a/c space. Avoid them and the kiosks, and you should be fine.

You will find, however, that there is no indoor seating for a lot of the ice cream/snack-type places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter