Counting Our Nuts Like Chip & Dale, a Financially Aware PTR *Update 4/17 Pg 62 *

Your pictures are so wonderful! Between here and FB, I'm getting to see so many great baby pics! It was great to see the one of the three of you too.

Keep 'em coming!

I know I promised an update last week but life got in the way, I guess that is what happens when you have a baby and get sick with a 24 hour flu-like bug. Thank goodness Marc was able to stay home with me because I was knocked out on the couch all day long.

I have a big announcement to make, on Friday I gave my notice to work and I'm now officially a stay at home mom. :goodvibes I'm so happy that I'm going to be able to stay home with Violet. This is something I have wanted for as long as I can remember and so far things are going really well. I think this is what I was meant to do. :thumbsup2

Which brings me to trip planning...we really don't know with me staying home when we will be able to go to Disney. My hope is that we can go this January. I'm crossing my fingers, doing a Disney dance and asking for all the pixie dust I can get. It really depends on a few different factors.

#1. Marc & I want to move closer to my family. I don't think we are going to leave Massachusetts as Marc has a very good job but he works about 45 minutes from home in the direction of my parents house in Southern Maine. So if we moved closer to his work or even 45 minutes from his work still but closer to my parents then we wouldn't have as far to drive when we visit. Which with the first grandchild being born has been a lot the last month.

#2. I'm still in the process of the lawsuit about my broken foot from August. I can't say too much about it but I'm really hoping things are progressing in the right direction and that a settlement will happen in time for us to travel in January 2013. I'm going back to physical therapy next week and what happens there will affect the timeline of the settlement. It's such a waiting game!

I do have second and third choice travel dates. September 2013 or January 2014. :faint: I don't know if I can wait that long. Really. I'm a Disney-a-holic. It's too much torture!

I keep telling Marc that all I want for my 30th Birthday in September is a trip to Disney in January. Fair, right? :lmao: He may just agree to it if it means he doesn't have to plan anything for the big 3-0. ;)

Anita & her Marc sent Violet a little gift from their last trip and I finally got around to getting a picture today.

My little Mouseketeer!
DSC02350.jpg

Also, here is the picture I sent out for Violet's birth announcement this week. :lovestruc
DSC02315.jpg

Love the Minnie ears, so adorable. Your pictures are really great. I just turned 30 last week, and said the same thing to DH "we have to go to Disney this year, I won't turn 30 again", he just shook his head and agreed.

Congrats on being a stay at home mom, sounds like you made a wonderful decision. Can't wait to see when you decide to go.

I am happy you made the decision to stay home because once you don't, its very hard to go back. This way you can get used to your current income instead of having more and then giving some of it up. I learned the rule yearly on. To some degree you spend what you make.

Your pictures of Violet are stunning and in addition to be a stay at home mom I have no doubt that you could make such extra $ taking baby pictures. You really have a great flare for it.

I just spent the day catching up on your PTR and wanted to say Congratulations on more things than one....

Your weight loss has been spectacular - good for you!

Your beautiful daughter...what a blessing! Also, I'm so heart-warmed to read you were able to become a SAHM.

Like I mentioned before, I am just thrilled that you get to be a SAHM now! You will love it, I am sure!

Love Violet in her new mouse ears! So cute! Doesn't it just make visions of her first trip dance through your mind??? :goodvibes

Yay for being able to stay home with Violet!!! You must be so happy to be able to spend lots of time with your beautiful girl!!

I'll definitely be sending lots of Disney trip pixie dust your way!! She's absolutely adorable in those ears!! :goodvibes

Congratulations on becoming a SAHM! It's the best job in the world!

That picture of Violet is absolutely adorable!!

Good luck getting back to Disney, sooner than later... I think it's the perfect way to celebrate your 30th!

Such gorgeous pictures! I know I've commented on FB but they are just wonderful! I am thrilled that you will be able to stay home, and agree, better to do it now than later when the income change can be so hard to recover from.

She is SO content and happy in those ears....raising her right already!!! :)

I just LOVE all the pics you post of beautiful little Violet! They are absolutely awesome, and I agree with Anita! Might be a nice little side income as a SAHM...Disney money! :scratchin

I do hope that January 2013 trip works out for you!!

Love the pictures!!!

Really hope it works out for you to get your January Trip!!!

Hi! I have followed several of your trips but had no idea about the baby. She is beautiful! I hope you get to take your trip but that sweet baby will make it OK either way I'm sure. Congratulations!

My little Colin loves all of the pictures of baby Violet. He really likes him (every baby is a him) sleeping in the bucket. She is so beautiful!

Leslie,

OMG...

I have been on a Disboards hiatus for a long time...to miss an entire pregnancy...:faint:

Absolute Positively Amazing Congratulations!!!....

I was going back and reading your whole ptr but I just came to the page where you just announced your pregnancy and I had to stop and wish you congratuations...

and I kinda saw pictures of an aborable baby girl and that is so AWESOME!!!

You and Marc must be so proud and thrilled.....

(Ok I'm like a year behind and I must go catch up...the suspense is killing me...popcorn::

Finished Up... :goodvibes

Violet is absolutely beautiful.....and you have taken some absolutely gorgeous photos of her...

I hope you get your trip...(fingers crossed for you) in January... I hope your Birthday is everything you want...:thumbsup2

(Funny thing...I haven't been on Facebook in ions and ions-like a year and a half...I should really go update and see what's going on over there too...)

Whether you go or not, the thing is that Violet will only be a little baby once, and Disney I think is going to be there for a while...

I was just a couple years younger than you when I had my little princess and she's a senior now and going to be going to college next year... and I can close my eyes and see her Violet's size and in a blink of an eye...I can see her in front of me almost a grown woman...she'll be 18 in a month...:sad2:

And as for Disney, do the math ;)... I was two years younger than you when I had Ems and I'm now getting my DVC...(just bought 80 points at BVC)....

(Granted there have been a few trips between now and then :rolleyes:) but the point is if you can't afford it right now...then its ok...you'll get there soon and if you can super KUDOS...

Hope all is going well with all of you and that you're having a great time being a SAHM- it is hard sometimes...really hard, but its also really awesome and you'll never regret it...

:hug:

Update soon Leslie if you can...

As for me I'm planning on staying around these boards for the long term...

Its an addiction that is legal and healthy (mostly except for time and enabling...;) ) and exceptionally good for one's mood...

all the best.....:goodvibes

I haven't been around the dis much but congrats on the birth of Violet and congrats on being a SAHM!! :thumbsup2 She is a beauty! Bummer on having to wait so long for another trip to Disney though but it's for good reasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter