country bears' movie destroyed the show?

Are there any plans to replace the Pooh ride? To me, that area could use a big refurb. I like the Hungry Bear, but we don't really go to that little corner of the park.

I'd be happy for the Country Bears to come back. My girls loved them at WDW. I loved them when I was little at Disneyland. Although I do love that you can still see a few of them on the Pooh ride.

Was this the reason for the show no longer being at Disneyland because of the movie?

What killed the show was when they changed the songs to a bunch of pop songs....I think this happened in the late '80s or early '90s.

Maybe it will be back. I like to think the show is just in hibernation.

What killed the show was when they changed the songs to a bunch of pop songs....I think this happened in the late '80s or early '90s.

I too miss the Country Bears, but I'm not really sure the switch to the Vacation Hoedown show caused the decline in popularity. It debuted 1986 and remained in place until 2001. That's 15 years, which is a pretty long run. I would have thought it that was maybe the opposite problem...they didn't update the songs so the newer audiences didn't relate/recognize to the music.

Rumors had it putting Country Bear Jamboree and a train ride inside Grizzly Peak was discussed early in the refurb of DCA. They tabled both ideas because they found that Grizzly Peak was not built in a matter to allow for easy alteration, it would have required almost a complete rebuild.

Singing animatronics are a long lost thing of the 80's (I mean lets talk Chucky Cheese here!). At least as a part of a ride, they add to the experience, but an animatronic show is just not cool anymore. I do enjoy that they kept the Mooseheads in Winnie the Pooh though!

tdhickey said:
Singing animatronics are a long lost thing of the 80's (I mean lets talk Chucky Cheese here!). At least as a part of a ride, they add to the experience, but an animatronic show is just not cool anymore. I do enjoy that they kept the Mooseheads in Winnie the Pooh though!

Oh I disagree. If this were true, the Tiki Room would be closed, along with Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (albeit, talking, not singing). Additionally, Country Bears Jamboree at WDW would be gone.

We miss the bears and would LOVE dearly to see them return to DL, though I doubt it will happen..

- Dreams "Bring back the Bears!!!)

Oh I disagree. If this were true, the Tiki Room would be closed, along with Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (albeit, talking, not singing). Additionally, Country Bears Jamboree at WDW would be gone.

We miss the bears and would LOVE dearly to see them return to DL, though I doubt it will happen..

- Dreams "Bring back the Bears!!!)

I agree. I loved all the show iterations, and would have liked for them to bring them back (original, vacation, and holiday). In the last years, though, that show was pretty empty most of the time. We'd go and sit in the back so I could sing along (to the chagrin of my kiddoes). :)

Are there any plans to replace the Pooh ride? To me, that area could use a big refurb. I like the Hungry Bear, but we don't really go to that little corner of the park.

Oh, I disagree, and I hope you'll revisit the Pooh ride soon! It's an adorable little ride, can cheer you right up. And if you're lucky enough to ride ON your birthday, it's pretty awesome!

I too miss the Country Bears, but I'm not really sure the switch to the Vacation Hoedown show caused the decline in popularity. It debuted 1986 and remained in place until 2001. That's 15 years, which is a pretty long run. I would have thought it that was maybe the opposite problem...they didn't update the songs so the newer audiences didn't relate/recognize to the music.

I can't believe it was 15 years. The switch ruined it for me, but maybe its because the pre-1986 version was part of my childhood years.

For me and my family, our best memories are of the Vacation Hoedown show (when it played in WDW). Having just visited the Magic Kingdom again this past summer, and paying a visit to the current Jamboree show, it was quite apparent, based on observed attendance, that they weren't filling this theater to capacity. :(

The songs from the Jamboree show are even less recognizable (by today's audiences) than those sung in the vacation hoedown! And, I recall hearing one woman gasp and comment to her family when she hear the song about Buford's alternative punishment (instead of being "whooped")!

The Jamoboree just doesn't seem to "connect" with guests as it once did. Although I'm all in favor of keeping the bears performing, it does seem very ripe for an update. And, why can't they at least run the Christmas Special over the holidays?!?!? :confused3

No. But, there is a very funny, very non PC, PG13 video answer.
Google: Some Jerk with a Camera - Country Bears.

I could not decide if that was hilarious or awful, but I think I'm leaning towards hilarious since I could not turn it off! :rotfl:

Can we all just agree? BRING BACK THE BEARS!!!

- Dreams

I don't know how it happened, but my 4 yo DD, loves those bears. She would always ask me about the bears on sign behind the registers at The Hungry Bear.

As luck would have it this week while visiting the Jingle Jamboree the Bears showed up on stage with Billy, my daughter went nuts. When they came out after the show she hugged and kissed each one, she even had Big Al sign her autograph book.

:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter