Country Inn & Suites - Calypso Cay

Magic2000

DIS Veteran
We stayed here for a couple of days before switching to Disney, and it was great! We had a one bedroom suite, and it was very clean. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool area. The breakfast was pretty good; but it did get a little crowded around the toaster area! My kids loved the ice cream vending machine for a late night snack! My youngest DD loved the pool slide too!

No complaints on this hotel - nice staff, room was clean, beds comfortable, pool was really nice (not crowded at all!). I would stay here again.

We stayed there when it was newer in 2002

We paid 39.00 per night with an entertainment rate--do they still honor the entertainment card? What sort of rates are they charging now?

Don't know if they still honor the entertainment rate. I got the one bedroom suite for $59.00 a night.

We paid 120.00 a night for the 1 BR suite last Tuesday, so for 59.00 you got a killer deal! The room was nice, pool area is super and the cont. bkfst. was quite good. I also would recommend CI&S at Calypso Cay. :thumbsup2

Magic2000 said:
We stayed here for a couple of days before switching to Disney, and it was great! We had a one bedroom suite, and it was very clean. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool area. The breakfast was pretty good; but it did get a little crowded around the toaster area! My kids loved the ice cream vending machine for a late night snack! My youngest DD loved the pool slide too!

No complaints on this hotel - nice staff, room was clean, beds comfortable, pool was really nice (not crowded at all!). I would stay here again.
What is the location of this hotel?

It is on SR 535 (by the Interstate), very close to Downtown Disney (its also near the Sheraton Vistana). When you passed by the Downtown Disney hotels, the next red light was SR 535; take a right! It only took a few minutes to get to Typhoon Lagoon! Great location!!

Magic2000 said:
It is on SR 535 (by the Interstate), very close to Downtown Disney (its also near the Sheraton Vistana). When you passed by the Downtown Disney hotels, the next red light was SR 535; take a right! It only took a few minutes to get to Typhoon Lagoon! Great location!!

I am confused about your directions, if you are coming from Downtown Disney once you pass the DD hotels at get to SR 535 you take a left. If you are talking the Country Inn and Suites in Lake Buena Vista. Or are you coming from the Interstate?

Sammie said:
I am confused about your directions, if you are coming from Downtown Disney once you pass the DD hotels at get to SR 535 you take a left. If you are talking the Country Inn and Suites in Lake Buena Vista. Or are you coming from the Interstate?
SR 535 runs in both directions right and left when you get to the Ctossroads intersection. Right takes you to I4.

Sorry about the confusion. There are actually two Country Inn & Suites on SR 535 - there is one when you take the left. We accidently went to that one when we were trying to check in, since we had gotten in around 9:00 pm. They kindly gave us directions to the correct one (where we had the reservations).

The one we stayed at, Calypso Cay, was on the right. Coming from the Downtown Disney hotels, when you get to SR 535, take a right. Go under the I-4 overpass, and its about a block down on the right.

Hope this helps!

Magic2000 said:
Sorry about the confusion. There are actually two Country Inn & Suites on SR 535 - there is one when you take the left. We accidently went to that one when we were trying to check in, since we had gotten in around 9:00 pm. They kindly gave us directions to the correct one (where we had the reservations).

The one we stayed at, Calypso Cay, was on the right. Coming from the Downtown Disney hotels, when you get to SR 535, take a right. Go under the I-4 overpass, and its about a block down on the right.

Hope this helps!

Yep that makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter