Country Inn & Suites PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrapbookmomma74

We love DCL!!!
Can anyone who has stayed recently tell me if the CI&S is no longer offering a free shuttle to the port? We were on the website, trying to book for March, and the best available room doesn't show free breakfast or cruise shuttle. The other times we've stayed there, it has included both of these things.
Thanks in advance!

Im booked for March also, and when I booked a few months ago, I called and had them add it to the res. just to make sure. At that time I think it was still free.

I take that back. I just checked my reservation, and its now 30 or 35 dollars, depending on if you arrive during the week or the weekend. This is directly off my reservation.

Hotel Alerts

PLEASE NOTE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE AIRPORT SHUTTLE PLEASE NOTE CRUISE PARKING AVAILABLE ON ALL RATES FOR AN ADDITIONAL $30 FEE ON SUN-THURS AND $35 FRI/SAT

We were on the Dream 2 weeks ago. We stayed at County Inn and they were offering the shuttle to port but it was $30. They do have free breakfast.

The breakfast is available for free for anyone staying there, with any type of reservation. In order to get the shuttle and parking, you must either reserve the "Park & Cruise" rate or add it to your reservation for a fee.

We just stayed there last week. The breakfast quality was only ok, to the point where we considered going out and buying breakfast at McDonalds. Also plan to eat early or deal with large crowds at breakfast.

The shuttle is very well organized. They read names off their list to be sure that folks who reserved first are on the first shuttles. However, they were running late on Saturday and mentioned that they have been running late every Saturday (something to do with one of the ships being a longer drive). So, we showed up for the shuttle by 10:45, as requested, for an 11:00 shuttle, but weren't called to board until 11:15. Not too bad, but if they knew they were running late every Saturday, they could have asked us to be ready to go at 11:00 instead of 15 minutes earlier.

Also, the port just started adding a charge to every commercial vehicle that enters the port so I expect the CIS rates to go up to cover this new charge.

Peg

We stayed there on Nov 30 and they made no mention of discontinuing the service.

Oh and Duane says hi

DSC08943.jpg

we stayed there last may and we onlly paid $4 per person for shuttle service. we had a rental car, so no parking. has this changed. we are going in may 2012

we stayed there last may and we onlly paid $4 per person for shuttle service. we had a rental car, so no parking. has this changed. we are going in may 2012

Yes this has changed.......there is a shuttle fee. Not sure how much if you don't have a car.

All of the hotels now charge. We used to get free shuttle/parking with any rate at the Radisson, but that changed as of 5/1/11 because of the per vehicle fee that has been imposed by the Port.

If you end up getting a rental car, Avis has a free shuttle from their location to/from the port. We used this last week and it worked our very well.

Just checked my ressie. It says
PLEASE NOTE HOTEL DOES NOT HAVE AIRPORT SHUTTLE PLEASE NOTE CRUISE PARKING AVAILABLE ON ALL RATES FOR AN ADDITIONAL $30 FEE ON SUN-THURS AND $35 FRI/SAT
Does that mean there is no shuttle at all now?:confused3

Oops. Sorry. See it says airport shuttle now! :-)

This is off of their website - no mention of a parking fee or a shuttle fee. If you are driving over, I highly recommend Park and Cruise, which is $6.99 a night with free shuttle to the ship. They are close to the port and were wonderful to deal with. Here is their website: http://parkcruise.com/

Country Inn and Suites
Cape Canaveral Cruise Package
Shuttle Service and Breakfast included in one low price!

Relax at our hotel the night before your cruise, enjoy free hot breakfast in the morning, leave your car at the hotel and take advantage of our free shuttle service

Parking at the Port is valued at $18 - $20 per day depending on the length of your vehicle. This package deal allows our guests to leave their vehicle at our property for the length of their cruise, and shuttle transportation will be provided to and from the Port.

As always, enjoy our outdoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary wireless Internet access and fitness room (open 24 hours).

Book your Cruise Package today!

This is off of their website - no mention of a parking fee or a shuttle fee. If you are driving over, I highly recommend Park and Cruise, which is $6.99 a night with free shuttle to the ship. They are close to the port and were wonderful to deal with. Here is their website: http://parkcruise.com/

Country Inn and Suites
Cape Canaveral Cruise Package
Shuttle Service and Breakfast included in one low price!

Relax at our hotel the night before your cruise, enjoy free hot breakfast in the morning, leave your car at the hotel and take advantage of our free shuttle service

Parking at the Port is valued at $18 - $20 per day depending on the length of your vehicle. This package deal allows our guests to leave their vehicle at our property for the length of their cruise, and shuttle transportation will be provided to and from the Port.

As always, enjoy our outdoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary wireless Internet access and fitness room (open 24 hours).

Book your Cruise Package today!

That changed fairly recently. I remember someone posting about the $30 charge. When I looked at my reservation last night I didnt see a charge, but the note was there. I called and asked a live person from CIS in PC about it, and yes it is 30 or 35 dollars (depending on when you stay) per room. Im guessing they havent up dated their website.

CI&S has had a Park n Cruise package in the past. I think the add-on states that it can be used with all rates because there has been confusion about whether it could be added with promotional rates or Priceline type reservations. There are a few threads on here about how to book it on some of the discount sites at a great price and now it seems that it is confirmed that you can add on the park/cruise part to any rate.

As for the shuttle only, I do believe that it was $4 pp/one way the last I heard. There were people booking it when we were there in Oct.

Has anyone also noticed that their rates have jumped hugely recently? When i looked previously for our Feb. cruise rooms were in the $110 range. Now they are $160+???:headache:

Do you think its' because its the week before a holiday and that if i check again in January that they'll be lower? :confused3

Our rental car for 5 people is due back to Budget at 9 am. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to pay for 2 more hours and then takt the Budget shuttle to the port, instead of the hotels? Any suggestions for ways to make this easier/cheaper are appreciated! TIA!

Has anyone also noticed that their rates have jumped hugely recently? When i looked previously for our Feb. cruise rooms were in the $110 range. Now they are $160+???:headache: TIA!

I've noticed! :furious: We stayed 2 times in 2011 and the rate was $110 per night. I booked 2 stays in 2012 and the rate is $164 each per night :eek:. I'm watching the rates to try and get a better one. If I don't find one, I'm looking at staying overnight a couple of hours from PC and doing the "park and cruise" for $7 per day when we get to PC.

If we stay for $89 somewhere north of Orlando and then do the park and cruise for $56 we come out with a lower overall price ($145) and we do not have to drive the whole way in one day. We drive 11.5 hours one way to stay at CIS.

We love the CIS (read this Dewayne and Crystal) but, they have priced us into looking for other options.

:)

Has anyone also noticed that their rates have jumped hugely recently? When i looked previously for our Feb. cruise rooms were in the $110 range. Now they are $160+???:headache:

Do you think its' because its the week before a holiday and that if i check again in January that they'll be lower? :confused3

Our rental car for 5 people is due back to Budget at 9 am. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to pay for 2 more hours and then takt the Budget shuttle to the port, instead of the hotels? Any suggestions for ways to make this easier/cheaper are appreciated! TIA!

The quote my January cruise date was about 140, or 150- I don't remember exactly, but my priceline bid of 75 was accepted, you could try that, too.

We have room booked at CIS for January 2nd.... we got the Cruise Package for $141. The reservation confirmation states that it includes Free Breakfast, Free Shuttle, and Free Parking for the duration of the cruise.

We stayed there on Nov 30 and they made no mention of discontinuing the service.

Oh and Duane says hi

DSC08943.jpg

Isn't he a riot:lmao::lmao:

He was our driver on the way back to the hotel in Oct after getting off the Magic. He had us in his stitches with his little welcome back speech.

In Oct when we stayed I reserved the Park and Cruise online for an extra $20 I think. FYI Breakfast is ALWAYS included in the rate whether you take the shuttle or not. You stay overnight, they feed you that's the policy:thumbsup2 Little self serve buffet thing, but good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter