Couple DAS questions

ACJT

DIS Veteran

When I pre registered they added all 9 of our family members to the DAS but limited me to 6 for the pre-selected rides. I wasn't anticipating they would add all 9. Will I be able to select DAS's for all 9 once we are in the parks next month? Or will the App still limit me to 6? I know in the past the folks at in park guest services have been very accommodating to allow us to have our entire family of 9 on the DAS so that we can ride together as a family.

I understand from what I read that when converting a VQ to a DAS entry at Tron they are being strict on returning within your 1 hour window,... and that GoG is still being lenient on when you return. Is this still that case. I'm fine with however it goes... just want to know what to expect.

I’ve read that they’re more strict on enforcing the limit since they’ve tightened up the DAS process. We usually only travel with 3 people though so I don’t have firsthand experience on this.

Not sure re: GoG and Tron

It will likely only allow you to select 5 people in addition to the DAS user in the app. They added all 9 people so you will have them available as options, but I'd be surprised if they let you select all.
This is how it should work.

PER DISNEY "When registering for DAS, you will be able to indicate which other Guests you will be visiting the Theme Parks with. The DAS Guest can then include up to five of these other Guests on each return time selection." So you can include all the names of who will be traveling with you but then at each attraction you choose which 5 will travel with the DAS holder.

This is how it should work.

PER DISNEY "When registering for DAS, you will be able to indicate which other Guests you will be visiting the Theme Parks with. The DAS Guest can then include up to five of these other Guests on each return time selection." So you can include all the names of who will be traveling with you but then at each attraction you choose which 5 will travel with the DAS holder.
This is good to know. We haven’t traveled with our grandkids since DH started using DAS, but mostly his rides are kiddie rides. Not slinky dog. Anyway , nice we can jump around with grandkids with who want to ride with grandpa.

Unless all 9 are one immediate family (meaning 2 parents plus 7 minor children) do not expect an exception to the max 6 rule.

TRON is strict on the return window even with DAS; GotG is lenient.
This has been our experience as well.

We had friends of our family visit and added them to my DAS list while they were in Florida. This brought our party total to 7 guests (including the DAS holder). When all of us were inside the parks together, we were never permitted to have more than 6 total use the DAS for any given attraction -- so one person always had to either skip the ride, or enter using the single rider queue (where offered) or wait in stand-by. For a few rides, one person went through the stand-by queue and the rest used DAS, and we met up to ride together at the loading zone.

I know it sounds kinda silly for them to force one person go through stand-by, only to meet back up with the rest of their party at the loading area for an attraction. But they have to set a #limit somewhere to help avoid abuse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter