Couple hours in MCO

2 hours doesn't really seem thaaaaaat bad so for me, spending money on a hotel room for only 2 hours is a waste of money. Load some movies onto an ipad or laptop and just hang out?

2 hours doesn't really seem thaaaaaat bad so for me, spending money on a hotel room for only 2 hours is a waste of money. Load some movies onto an ipad or laptop and just hang out?

The advantage of the hotel room is being able to shower after an overnight flight.

I would figure 45 from landing to having luggage. The first bus rolls at 9 and they check you in a little before that. I would buy breakfast (even Starbucks or Cinnabon’s), eat, use the restroom and then it’ll be time to go. I wouldn’t spend $125-$200 for a shower.

When we took Disney transport from MCO we arrived at the waiting area for the buses at about 8:40, were loading by 9 & departed by 9:10. Our bus was the first to leave and first to arrive at the port. It was wonderful entering an empty building, being some of the first to check in, choice of seats, first for pictures with Mickey. It was so relaxing. If I were you I would grab something to go for breakfast and head straight over to the buses. It's much better to relax in the Disney building and on the Disney bus than trying to find something to do that will make you arrive later. Word is also that now if you are using Disney transport, you don't get a PAT, and boarding numbers are instead based on arrival time at the port, so earlier arrival equals earlier on the boat!

The advantage of the hotel room is being able to shower after an overnight flight.
I guess but for me I wouldn't spend more than $100 just to take a shower. I'd just stay stinky for an extra 2 hours and shower at the hotel. But I don't have money like that so it's all in what you feel comfortable doing.

I agree with Capt_BJ. Those sofas at the the Hyatt are great and the area is very spacious. Also with previous posters who indicated that luggage, etc. may not be as quick as you might think. Finally, the bathrooms at the Hyatt are much nicer than the ones on the walk from the gate to the luggage carousels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter