• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Couple of airline ticket questions

scard192

DIS Veteran
My grand daughter is 17, she will be 18 when we travel. Booking SW, the ages are broken out 12-17, 18+.which do I use if purchasing now

Last time we flew SW (2016) I used middle names on tickets, last few trips on Jet Blue only used first and last name, does it matter?

Middle name is helpful if it's a relatively common name. It makes it easier to check against SecureFlight and I believe it raises the likelihood of getting TSA Pre if you don't pay for it. If you do pay for it, there have been reports of people not getting it on their boarding passes because the names didn't match as the Pre system had a middle name.

Age at travel.

Yes, she'll be 18 at the time of the flight, so that's what you put down.

Names must match the ID used at TSA. If you're asking if you MUST use middle names (First Last vs First Middle Last) to match ID, I don't think so. If the ID has First Middle Last and you have First Last on the reservation, that's fine. If they have KTN (TSA Pre-check), make sure the names on the reservation match whatever is in the TSA Pre check system.

Use 18+, middle name doesn't matter as long as it's on her ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter