Couple of AP questions

Sherwin

<font color=royalblue>Not-so-secretly crushing on
I can't wait to be an AP holder :cool1:

But I have a few questions...

1) Does the pass become valid until a year from the day you purchase the pass or from the first time you use it?

2) Someone mentioned that APs require no handstamps. Does that mean if I wish to return to the park later in the day, I still have to whip out my AP?

1. We bought ours online, and then went two weeks later- the pass started on the day we actually went.

2. We've never re-entered the same park, but we have park hopped before and we dont get a handstamp, just give them the pass at the next one :)

The first day you use the pass is day one. UNLESS, you are upgrading a parkhopper/ticket, then the AP starts the very first day you used the ticket.

So if I buy a AP online or at Costco today, but don't use it until Feb. 1st the expiration will be Feb 1, 2010, but if I use my 3 day pass Feb 1st, but don't decide to upgrade my ticket to an AP until Feb 3rd, my AP will still expire Feb 1, 2010.

As far as handstamps, except on crazy busy days, AP's do not have to have hand stamps. You have to pull out your pass no matter what if you are park hopping, just no stamp needed unless you want one.

The first day you use the pass is day one.
As far as handstamps, except on crazy busy days, AP's do not have to have hand stamps. You have to pull out your pass no matter what if you are park hopping, just no stamp needed unless you want one.
I actually really like the handstamps...
:rotfl:

You can totally get the handstamps if you want one. They don't know you're an AP holder as you leave. :) About half the time we "have to" get them, b/c our 4 year old strongly urges us to get them with him (he loves them!)...they aren't checked by anyone, but just having them makes him happy.

And just a bit further to "Does that mean if I wish to return to the park later in the day, I still have to whip out my AP?"....everyone has to have their admission in hand to be scanned each time...the handstamp is just extra proof that you are the ticket-holder who was at the first park, that you didn't switch the ticket with someone else. And that's why AP holders don't need the stamps, b/c you're big ol' 8x10 (or so) pops up on their screens!

1) Does the pass become valid until a year from the day you purchase the pass or from the first time you use it?

First day of use. DBFs Mom was worried about that too, and he actually thought it was the date of purchase but nope, our APs proudly state that they expire on Jan. 3rd 2010 :) Do you know how hard it was to HAVE that AP voucher for 2 weeks until I got to activate it? I don't know how my girls are holding up, they had to wait 2 months! lol

2) Someone mentioned that APs require no handstamps. Does that mean if I wish to return to the park later in the day, I still have to whip out my AP?

You do have to have your AP to get into either park at any time. No handstamp is needed because your photo pops up on the screen when they scan your AP. But you can get a stamp if you really want one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter