couple of Oga's questions

Luisfba

Mouseketeer
Hi

Going with a couple of kid (tweens).

About how long is the wait usually from check-in to being let in?
Do they 'sit' (I know, really stand) groups with kids at the bar as well? Not a big deal either way for me just wondering if it's a thing or not.
Do they serve soda (diet pepsi or diet coke)?
If we dont want to hang there long, can I get my drink to go?

Wait varies, I’ve been seated anywhere from 10 minutes after checking in to 45 (when I requested to be seated instead of standing). Yes there are seats - mostly for larger parties or bar seating.

I haven’t seen kids at the bar, but I’ve gone with them and have been seated in the seats I mentioned.

And they have non alcoholic drink choices as well as soft drinks. Alcoholic drinks are pre made so they don’t have a full bar as such from what I could tell. It’s a fixed menu.

It’s a fun experience. I’d try it at least once.

I’ve waited just a few minutes and up to about 30 minutes after checking in. I’ve also been told they couldn’t place my party at a seated spot “it’s just not available” - I’ve asked to be seated on two occasions (been there at least 15 times) and was told flat out no and a 90 minutes wait given the other, so we stood. The most recent time we were there, about a month ago, there was a family with two younger children - I’d say 8 and 10ish, standing at the bar, right behind us, so yes, they do stand children at the bar as well as the standing tables. Not a full bar menu, but they do have a few intergalactic wine offerings (the blue wine was finally back in stock last time; it was drinkable) and three or four beer options along with the pre-made drinks. They do have soft-drinks, too.

It's usually just a few minutes but could be longer.
Yes, they stand parties with kids at the bar or standing tables (probably more often at the standing tables). They've even brought out high chairs and put them at the standing tables. You're not guaranteed a sitting spot because there are kids in your party.
Don't know. You could always buy a Coke (there is no Pepsi at WDW) and take it in.
Yes you can get a drink to go.

We were just there on Friday.

My DD (9) stood with us at the bar and after once asking me "do we get to sit?" and me telling her no she had a great time. The bartender was really awesome and made her laugh and roll her eyes at his jokes. It was incredibly fun.

I checked in on the app while we walked there so by the time we arrived we waited maybe one minute and were brought in!

I don't know about to go drinks but you get only 45 minutes. We got 3 drinks between DH and me and were done even sooner than the 45 minute time - we wanted to catch the last boat so we didn't dawdle but also didn't feel rushed!

My wife, and DS9 were seated at the bar last summer.
Had a great time - plenty of non-alcoholic choices, he tried 2 different ones,
loved them both.

The wait past our ressie time was close to 40 minutes though.
Wish they had a place to wait inside.

We were there last Sunday. Our reservation was very late - 9:55. We were taken on time (maybe even a few minutes early).

We are a party of 3 and DD11 stood at the bar with us. It was packed, so even the standing room was tight.

But it was a great time!

We had a large party and we were seated at a big table. We had a toddler with us and they brought out a high chair. It was really tall and then they switched it for a shorter high chair. So I think they have two heights of high chairs, one for the tables and one for the counters.

We were just there on Sunday morning--We were seated immediately after checking in, but it was 8:30 am so the place was practically empty when we arrived.
We felt very rushed. They told us three times within the first five minutes that we only had 45 minutes. At first we didn't really like the atmosphere because it was actually "too empty" but as more guests arrived it got a bit livelier.

We had a party of 9 and they put us at the bar. They brought very tall high chairs for the 7 month old and 3 year old. It was a lot of fun and we could switch places easily. We also liked the interaction with the bar team, they are great!

We had a party of 9 and they put us at the bar. They brought very tall high chairs for the 7 month old and 3 year old. It was a lot of fun and we could switch places easily. We also liked the interaction with the bar team, they are great!
Thanks, we are going with a 2.5 year old, and I wondered what they did with them. I didn't realize it was mostly standing only.

I think some of the seating they reserve for people that need with mobility issues, etc. I have been to Oga's 3 or 4 times at WDW and DLR and have never been seated.

I think some of the seating they reserve for people that need with mobility issues, etc. I have been to Oga's 3 or 4 times at WDW and DLR and have never been seated.
I’ve been to Oga’s over a dozen times & never been seated, and we’ve asked to be seated twice - once with a party of 7 that included an almost 4-year-old at the end of her rope and an infant. They put us at a standing table with a single stool meant for the seated tables - so the person seated was forehead height with the table. And, they added a party of one to our table. (You can find my story on another Oga thread.) We could do nothing but laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter