• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Couple of ??s on Explorers Hotel

uksaint

Mouseketeer
Only a few days to go now, so getting into detail.........for those that have stayed at the explorers..

1) I thought I had read there is a shuttle service to Val d'Europe - is this correct and if so, how often does it run?

2) The pool towels - how much do they cost, and are they any good or would you suggest we take our own?

3) Anybody used an explorers supplied cot for a baby - are they any good..should we take our own linen?

Many thanks for any help. The excitement is building. :teeth:

Andy

Hi, sorry can't help with the Explorers as ive never stayed but, yep, your excitement is obvious even from here!! :rotfl:
Not sure about the shuttle going to the hotel but you can get the PEP 50 bus to Val d'Europe from outside the marne la vallee train station (its a pink bus - or was this May). The hours im sure you could varify with the reception at your hotel or the tourist info shop/booth outside the train station but when we went this May there were plenty of the PEP buses with Val d'Europe splashed across them.
Also, maybe the cot is similar to those in this country - y'know, where you have to supply your own sheets? Hope someone can come along and advise you on this and your other questions.

Come on every one! We're staying at this hotel in August & are wondering about the pool towels, having seen this mentioned on another thread. Someone out there must have the answer

The shuttle bus from the park visits the 4 hotels - Explorer, Kiraid, Holiday Inn and Movenpick Castle. This operates on a circular route so as widget says you would need to take a different bus.
You can always take the RER the 1 stop from Marnee La valee station.

Reid

In the Brits Guide, it says towels cost 1 euro each to hire. Its not so bad if you are only planning on swimming once, but if you are planning on going every day it could get a bit pricey! What we are going to do is take our grottiest towels, or if they look too embarrassing :blush: I'll just buy some Smart price cheapies from Asda or a pound shop to take and then bin them over there. That then leaves some room in the cases for souvenirs!:goodvibes

I did similar when we went to Dorset. Hate lugging heavy cases with towels in! For £1.98 in our local second hand shop I got two large marks and spencers bath towel and two small hand towels. They are dark green and so thick and soft they put my bestest ones to shame!! Intended to dump them for the homeward journey but they were just too good in the end!

Andy, hope you have a fantastic time!:wizard: Look forward to hearing all about it on your return!:sunny:

You'll be away by now, sorry to miss you.
Let us know how you get on on your return :)

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter