Couple Trip To Food & Wine 2014

DarleneAnne

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are hoping to travel to the Food & Wine Festival this year for the first time. We are DVC members and are hoping to get a DVC room near Epcot or MK, but I see that is already an issue on the weekends. The festival dates have been announced, although I cannot find a schedule yet. I am trying to find out if this is only a Fri-Sun event each week or are the weekdays also included as part of the festival.
Thanks for any info!! :)

The festival runs seven days a week. The details of the events schedule will probably not be released until late June or July.

I would try to avoid going over the weekends. during the week the crowds are large but fun and relatively calm. Before our trip last year we heard of several complaints of people being drunk and boorish at the festival. I was pretty surprised by these statements as we had been to the F&W before and assumed they were just some prudish teetotalers (why is auto correct making me spell it that way?)
We enjoyed F&W on many days through out the week but when we went on Friday night, there was a big difference and I understood what the people were complaining about. I Love F&W and we are going again this year but I will not go back on a weekend (Sunday may be fine) The crowds were intense, and the drinking was over the top. Locals were clearly coming there just to get drunk, but that has to be the most expensive binge day ever.

I would try to avoid going over the weekends. during the week the crowds are large but fun and relatively calm. Before our trip last year we heard of several complaints of people being drunk and boorish at the festival. I was pretty surprised by these statements as we had been to the F&W before and assumed they were just some prudish teetotalers (why is auto correct making me spell it that way?)
We enjoyed F&W on many days through out the week but when we went on Friday night, there was a big difference and I understood what the people were complaining about. I Love F&W and we are going again this year but I will not go back on a weekend (Sunday may be fine) The crowds were intense, and the drinking was over the top. Locals were clearly coming there just to get drunk, but that has to be the most expensive binge day ever.

Yeah, we went on a Monday towards the end of October last year, and had a complete blast, and didn't feel like we were wasting time in the lines, to try out the tasty foods and beverages.

I did have a couple complaints about some people who had a few too many, but had heard, that can happen.

Long story short a mid 20's something, ended up being a home wrecker, to a former close friend, and she was apparently 'wasted' and ran into her former friend...and they all had a blow out argument, and this all happened next to my wife and I, and some other couple who had their young children with them (fortunately they seemed foreign and didn't understand the bazillion curses being dropped) (while waiting for Illuminations). I should have said something, but I couldn't think of any place worse to have this drama than in a WDW park! Hopefully that experience isn't one most people run into, but on the whole, we had a blast, and I can't explain how good the steak on a stick was from Le Cellier...seriously greatest steak I've ever had. Ecstasy on a stick!!!!

I would try to avoid going over the weekends. during the week the crowds are large but fun and relatively calm. Before our trip last year we heard of several complaints of people being drunk and boorish at the festival. I was pretty surprised by these statements as we had been to the F&W before and assumed they were just some prudish teetotalers (why is auto correct making me spell it that way?) We enjoyed F&W on many days through out the week but when we went on Friday night, there was a big difference and I understood what the people were complaining about. I Love F&W and we are going again this year but I will not go back on a weekend (Sunday may be fine) The crowds were intense, and the drinking was over the top. Locals were clearly coming there just to get drunk, but that has to be the most expensive binge day ever.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. We are currently staying from Sun-Thurs the last week of F&W but hoping to stay through the following weekend. Hopefully it won't be too out of control but it sounds like we are probably pretty safe during our stay on the weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter