Couples: anything you can't do together without fighting?

When playing any type of sport against one another. While he is competitive, I do things for fun. So every game is an argument...even mini-golf!

We've been together for 35 years, married for 29. The one thing we can't seem to do without an argument is drive on a highway. My husband will drive in the left (fast) lane and not move over when someone comes up behind him because they "shouldn't be going that fast". I tell him how annoying that is for the other driver, and that he's not the speed police. I don't know how many times I've slumped down in my seat as another aggravated driver passes us on the right. He has gotten better about it, but only because he doesn't want to listen to me complain I'm sure.

This is illegal in our state (Illinois), even if the people in the left hand lane are speeding. While traveling on an interstate highway, a vehicle may not be driven in the left lane, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle. And police are ticketing that now.

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com...ial-report-driving-in-the-left-lane/707199163

This is illegal in our state (Illinois), even if the people in the left hand lane are speeding. While traveling on an interstate highway, a vehicle may not be driven in the left lane, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle. And police are ticketing that now.

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com...ial-report-driving-in-the-left-lane/707199163
I think that's become more commonplace in recent years-I think most call them Right Lane laws or Keep Right laws.

It's been a law for 8 years in my state (so summer 2009). There was a grace period basically where you didn't get ticketed for it until starting in June 2010. Signs on our highway generally say "slower traffic keep right"..You're basically supposed to keep out of the left lane/fast lane unless you are passing.

Putting things together. Toys, furniture you name it. We cannot do it together at all. I put the things together and he hands me a beer then gets out of my way. That's the only way we have made it work lol.

My boyfriend and I can't build stuff together.. the night we moved in together, we were trying to build our TV stand, and we fought so much that we didn't talk until the next day. We were helping to build something for my mom and sister, and again, we fought. We also cannot move couches together, as he and I are both incredibly stubborn and thought we had it. We broke the couch in 6 places!
I do the opposite- I hand him the beer and I walk away. Not worth the fighting or the headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter