Courtesy Whlchairs at DTD?

glassslippergirl

DIS Veteran
Are any wheelchairs available for rent or guest use at DTD? My dad and grandma will visit us at DTD on the last day of our trip. Grandma is 90 with limited mobility. Looking for the best way to get her to a restaurant and a few stores at DTD so she can feel like she is part of the group (not stuck sitting and waiting somewhere). Thanks!

I don't believe there are any "courtesy" wheelchairs available at DTD, but there are rentals. The disABILITIES FAQ thread pinned near the top of this forum has information about rental locations. Specific to DTD:

Downtown Disney (DTD)
Small shop at the old DTD Guest Relations Office next to Restrooms and Toys for the following only:

Rental of
$15 - Single Strollers (plus $100 refundable deposit)

$12 - Wheelchairs (plus $100 refundable deposit)
$45 - EVCs (plus $100 refundable deposit)

The $100 refundable deposit is because Downtown Disney is a relatively easy area to remove things from.

They also sell a selection of baby/infant items as well as First Aid supplies to include Sunscreen and Suntan Lotion.

It is a sales and rental location only, they do not provide Guest Services but it is right next to the companion restroom at the Marketplace.

• Rental Locations (besides that listed just above for DTD)
    Marketplace: Guest Services (ECVs)
    Marketplace: Wonderful World of Memories (Wheelchairs)
    West Side: DisneyQuest Emporium (Wheelchairs)

Some of this information is from the WDW official webpage of information for Guests with Disabilities. I had read that there is a very (very - like less than 5 ECVs) limited number of ECVs available to rent at DTD, so if you need one, it's not practical to rent one at DTD. It's also possible that they could stop renting them renting them at any time.

Enjoy your vacation with Grandma!

it has been years since I had to rent at DTD but it was a rental no courtesy chairs. since then I have had offsite rental and just used that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter