• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park Entrance

I will report back after my stay, but I think the Courtyard will be best for families who want a nice large room but don't want to spend for a suite on site.

My room will be over 900 square feet. What would that run on site?

I was actually a little bummed when I saw the room layouts because I thought this might be a hotel off site on Harbor that I might actually consider staying at. While the bunk beds are probably nice for young families, they wouldn't work for my grown adult kids so we would end up needing three rooms to accommodate everyone which then makes the suite at the DLH about the same so no reason for me to change. This Hotel however does look beautiful for families that can utilize the bunk beds, it's a very needed option.

I am booked there starting Sept 19th, will report back.

One note: When I went to book a room for my family of 5 I found that all the suites were taken. However, on a whim, I changed the # in my party to 4 and searched again. A new room option appeared: a 1 king, 1 bunkbed room. It is over 700 sq ft, but because there is technically only beds for 4 they set 4 as the max occupancy. But, there is a couch (not a pullout) and they allow a crib in the room. I called the hotel and was told not to worry about putting 5 in that room. As a result, that's the room we booked.

Hi, I would check again that the room would be ok for 5, just incase as it sounds a lot like my room. I got a king fireworks view room with balcony. It has a king bed, bunkbeds and a sofa. But the sofa is a small corner sofa - I don't think it would be comfortable to sleep on at any age. If your youngest child is very small it may be better for them to sleep in the king bed with you. Will take a photo for you when my phone is charged.

Ok, so I arrived yesterday morning and here are my first impressions:

You can still smell the newness of the hotel. Everything is so clean. The staff are lovely and so friendly. Because of this, you still feel like you are in the parks when you get back to the hotel.

I arrived at around 8am and they let me have a room then. They did offer me an upgrade to a suite as they had overbooked the firework view rooms but I declined as the suite didn't have a balcony. The room is fairly large and would be great for a family of four. There are bunk beds in a separate area to the main bed. No separating door but the layout works so that the kids can sleep, even when the adults are awake.

Lots of storage space in here, a corner sofa and table, coffee machine, fridge, microwave and large screen tv. Views of the fireworks are perfect - can't believe how great it is, considering this is an off-site property. Only downside is that the balconies don't have furniture as yet. There is only one moveable chair, so I wheeled that out onto the balcony to watch the fireworks. The bed is comfortable, and I slept very well. I didn't notice traffic noise, despite being so close to the main road.

I found the room to be a bit expensive for my needs. It cost me the same per night as the Fairmont Miramar in Santa Monica. But it might be a great option for a family of four. For me, the fireworks view made up for the cost.

Didn't use the pool area yet, but there is a small lap pool which is open until 10pm. The two larger slides aren't huge but they look like they would be fun for younger kids to early teens. There is also a small waterpark area for very small children.

There is a bistro which offers nice options - many healthy, for breakfast and dinner. It gets a bit busy in the morning as there are only two staff and too many people wanting breakfast at the same time. The staff were very apologetic about the fact that service was a little slow.

There is a 24 hour store offering snacks and drinks and a larger store open from 7am to 11pm offering a larger selection and souvenirs. The walk to the parks is short - maybe 15 minutes, I didn't time it because it was pouring down. :)

It is a really nice hotel but not an inexpensive option. Maybe the rates will come down after the newness has worn off?

Hi, I would check again that the room would be ok for 5, just incase as it sounds a lot like my room. I got a king fireworks view room with balcony. It has a king bed, bunkbeds and a sofa. But the sofa is a small corner sofa - I don't think it would be comfortable to sleep on at any age. If your youngest child is very small it may be better for them to sleep in the king bed with you. Will take a photo for you when my phone is charged.

Thanks! I ended being able to change to the largest room after someone cancelled. The one we will be in has a King and 2 bunks.

For what that hotel is charging ($259 Dec. 8-12) - I'd pay a little more and stay at Paradise Pier. Instead, I'm staying at the new Homewood Suites by the Convention Center @ $107/night (AAA rate).
This is where we will be staying next summer also and I am soo excited

Thanks! I ended being able to change to the largest room after someone cancelled. The one we will be in has a King and 2 bunks.

That is great. You will really enjoy the hotel. It is super nice and so close to the parks. If your room doesn't overlook the fireworks - they seem to have a viewing area right next to the pool slides. I don't know if they have another one also but it is so nice to see the fireworks after you've left the parks.

I guess the better question is even if the pools are open is it warm enough to swim February and March?

Hi, Sorry for the delay. The pool is open year round, but may close at dusk. While I was there the slides closed at dusk but the pool opened until 10pm. I don't know if it would be warm enough to swim in winter. I guess it depends what climate you are used to. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter