Courtyard by Mariott or AS-Sports?

adamak

DIS Veteran
I'm really tempting to change my ressie from All Star to Mariott. $25 per nite in Mariott! Really can't beat that. That will cut my hotel budget in half. Should I? (We're going mid-Nov for the F&W festival).

My main concern is driving into Disney. I will have my AP. Does AP give me free parking?

Disnee Dad says..................................... Always stay on site,,,,,,,, unless you can get a $25 rate at Courtyard. You still get early entry and E nights if they have them. If you can get this rate and have an AP who cares about paying for parking, if you get it free great, if not fuggedaboudit. At this point in our nations history paying for parking should be the least of your worries, go and enjoy life. Have all the fun you can and spend lots of money, because nobody knows what will happen tommorrow or next year.

adamack:

How long are you going for? $25 per night extra is really a drop in the bucket compared to what you'll be spending at WDW, especially if you're only going to be there 5 days or less. If you will be at WDW longer, you may want to stay at the Courtyard the first few nights and then ASSp the next few nights. FWIW, the $25 rate is only good for Sunday through Thurday. If you stay on a weekend night your total cost is likely to exceed what you'll pay at ASSp.

BTW, we have plans for early November too and I was considering the same thing :).

and blow the cash on fun whilst you are there! the food & wine fest will keep you at epcot, rolling from country to country, hoping you are less full when you get to the next kiosk...we were booked at allstar, but hate the location (look at a map, it truly stinks unless you go to animal kingdom daily...)...the crossroads ctr at the opposite end of hotel plaza blvd has decent restaurants (we love pebbles) and pricey but convenient 24 hr food store; go thru the boards for reviews on allstars, some have had serious noise issues (including the woman on the other side of the partition where i work, she went for her honeymoon & was barraged with other people's kids out-of-control)

I would stay at the Marriott. No themeing but when I seen the All-Star, I wasn't real impressed with it either. I would stay cheaper and have more money to spend. Just my opinion!

I have the same dilemma, I have allstar reservations for November for ($49.00) 6 nights. I can get
the Courtyard price for 5 nights, but on the Saturday night, the lowest quote I got was $89.00. I would still save some money.

I am doing the Courtyard from Monday-Thursday and then keeping my ASMovies for
the last 2 nights (49.00 rate)

Do both...I have to disagree with the detractors. I've stayed at the Sports, and Movies, and they were both great! If it's quiet you want, then request to stay in the basketball bldg. It's located near the back and it is,(was), very quiet. The All-Stars Resorts location does not stink, it's just fine..it's a short drive to all of the parks. While it is really close to AK, it's also very close to MGM and Blizzard Beach. The maps are deceiving, all of the WDW resorts are conveniently located to the parks. While it's a great idea to save some money, you should at least experience the fun of staying "on-site" even if it's only for a day. It's definitely worth it!! Have a great time!!

At a rate like that, I would definitely go for the Marriott this time. Those extra $$s soon add up - and you can do the All Stars next time!

FWIW, the price of the Courtyard went up to $29 per night. Mysharonna, I would say that the All Stars is worth the extra $10 per night. You get much better bus service to the parks, you have 24/7 Disney "magic" and you have the All Stars food court. Heck, you might save $10 a day on filling up your refillabe mugs alone!

Originally posted by robinb
FWIW, the price of the Courtyard went up to $29 per night. Mysharonna, I would say that the All Stars is worth the extra $10 per night.

Not aware of any $39 rates for All Stars,which leaves $49-59, might want to check the math robinb... parking at the theme parks is free for AP holders... have to agree with disneefamily on this... just too darn cheap to pass up... since you ask about parking, you have already figured out it is much easier to drive than take internal busses, even if it is Disney.

I'm saving almost $450 on hotel costs between 6 nights @ CSR vs. 6 nights @ DD Marriott. TO ME, IT'S SILLY NO TO GO W/IT. We're 3 adults and between all of us we're saving what it would almost cost us for a flight. There's no doubt in my mind that this is the way to go!!!!

And HEY, you're still on property!!!!! :) :)

P.S. I got the DD Marriott for $25/night - we jumped RIGHT on it!!!

There is a way around the $109 per night rate for the DTD Courtyard....go to the Courtyard by Marriott homepage and enter OTP in the Corporate/Promotional box when making your reservation online. This drops the nightly rate for Friday and Saturday to $79 per night ! We are going to WDW in a couple of weeks, arriving on October 17. First 2 nights are at the DreamRes rate of $29 per night, next 2 at the Marriott 'Out to Play' rate of $79, last 3 nights back at the DreamRes rate of $29. When I check in I'll be asking the desk if we can keep the same room throughout the length of our stay. If not, ok....we're saving enough money to make the hassel of changing rooms worthwhile :D

Skyhog said ...
Not aware of any $39 rates for All Stars,which leaves $49-59, might want to check the math robinb...

No need to check the math! Mysharonna is staying for 6 nights. She (?) can get the Courtyard for 5 nights @ $29 and 1 night @ $89 (Friday). The average cost per night is $39 :). HTH!

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard? My DH is going down for a seminar so he doesn't need to worry about transportation, etc. How does the hotel compare to WDW resorts as far as cleanliness, etc?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter