• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID Help, please

OneLittleSpark

A Michaelmusophobia Sufferer (please don't hate me
Hello all. We've got a long-delayed trip to WDW booked for this May and I'm struggling to figure out all of the rules and regs we need to follow. My husband and I are vaccinated, but our son (4yo) is too young to have his yet. We'll be staying on property and using WDW transport, and are not planning to go to any other Florida attractions. DH and I have been a number of times before, but this is DS's first time.

Could you lovely people please tell me everything you can about testing, masks and evidence for the flight and holiday? Particular questions I can think of are:
  • What are people's experiences of getting tested pre-flying? When, where and how did you do it?
  • Our son has to be tested again while we're out there - is there anywhere on site to get this done?
  • What evidence do we need that DH and I are vaccinated? We've got the little appointment cards with the stickers, but I don't know if that's enough
  • Do you have any tips for helping small people to keep masks on for a long time?
  • What's different at Disney because of COVID that might catch us off guard?
Thank you so much, lovely people!

:figment::mickeyjum:stitch:

Hi ,
Where are you flying from? There are usually testing centres at the major airports which can provide results in less than 1hr ( for antigen tests which are all that is needed for the US entry). I used Express Test at Edinburgh and London Heathrow

You will need to either have a print out with your vaccination status or have it showing on the NHS app on your mobile phone ( different apps for England and Scotland. The UK vaccination cards will not do.

I think now that masks are no longer required for vaccinated people unless on enclosed transportation

Enjoy

• What evidence do we need that DH and I are vaccinated? We've got the little appointment cards with the stickers, but I don't know if that's enough
You need the NHS Covid pass, either digitally in real-time in the NHS app, emailed to you as a PDF, or as a letter. Get NHS Covid Pass If you get it as a PDF, a very good idea to take a printed copy too. NB be aware of expiry dates, I think the PDFs and letters expire after a month.

You may need to upload the evidence (scan the code, upload the PDF etc) into a web site for travelling, depending on your airline and entry requirements at the time. Your airline should be able to advise.

Requirements are easing all the time, fingers crossed that by the time of your vist there may not be any requirements left. Canada, for example, is getting rid of all pre-entry tests next week. I don't believe that there is anything at Disney that is going to hinder you greatly, I think masks are now optional for fully vaccinated visitors everywhere except on certain modes of transport. Apart from that, it's down to your own judgement and comfort as to whether you choose to use face coverings, how much social distancing you maintain etc.

With regard to testing your 4 year old whilst there - you are attesting on the attestation from that you will do this - no one actually checks that you do it.
We took a pack of NHS tests with us, just in case we were asked how we planned to test our DD, but the Virgin staff at LHR and the immigration staff at MCO didn't ask.
For our pre flight supervised tests we used Qured. Would be happy to use them again, but hopefully testing will be dropped soon.
At WDW you only need to wear a mask now on the monorail, boats and buses. This could be dropped before you go though ( it has recently been changed that you no longer need to wear one on the skyliner)

We were in Orlando 2 weeks ago. We travelled with BA and they have pretty good process you follow using an app before you go. The app called “Verify” is also used by other airlines. A PCR test is required the day before you fly. You must have a negative result before you board the aircraft.
Mask wearing requirements will depend upon the airline you use.
When we go to Orlando the entry process was very quick and easy. No one checked our Covid documents, only our passport. No Custom declaration forms were required and you just walked through Customs, like you do in U.K. airports.
UK passenger locator forms are no longer required so getting back to the U.K. is easy.

We were in Orlando 2 weeks ago. We travelled with BA and they have pretty good process you follow using an app before you go. The app called “Verify” is also used by other airlines. A PCR test is required the day before you fly. You must have a negative result before you board the aircraft.
Mask wearing requirements will depend upon the airline you use.
When we go to Orlando the entry process was very quick and easy. No one checked our Covid documents, only our passport. No Custom declaration forms were required and you just walked through Customs, like you do in U.K. airports.
UK passenger locator forms are no longer required so getting back to the U.K. is easy.

It doesn't need to be a PCR test - it can be a lateral flow test. It must be supervised, and you have to have a negative test result certificate

Hello all. We've got a long-delayed trip to WDW booked for this May and I'm struggling to figure out all of the rules and regs we need to follow. My husband and I are vaccinated, but our son (4yo) is too young to have his yet. We'll be staying on property and using WDW transport, and are not planning to go to any other Florida attractions. DH and I have been a number of times before, but this is DS's first time.

Could you lovely people please tell me everything you can about testing, masks and evidence for the flight and holiday? Particular questions I can think of are:
  • What are people's experiences of getting tested pre-flying? When, where and how did you do it?
  • Our son has to be tested again while we're out there - is there anywhere on site to get this done?
  • Do you have any tips for helping small people to keep masks on for a long time?

We used Prenetics when we travelled two weeks ago and i would use them again. It went really smoothly and we had the certificates within 20 minutes.

i hope you have a magical time!!!!
i think by current disney rules, those under 5 are supposed to be masked while indoors, but since your son is 4, i'm sure no one would know whether he's 4 or 5 and they're not allowed to ask.
i know that when we're there in july, we're planning on having the 4 year old go without a mask just like the rest of us (besides the fact that she's already had covid, but that's neither here nor there).

i really hope all of this is dropped before july.
It adds so much tension to the flying experience!!

In terms of whats different that might catch you out - Housekeeping is the one that I think will. Currently its only once every 4 days although you can request towels and extra amenities as often as needed. I think Deluxe hotels are starting to get back full housekeeping but others aren't yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter