Covid Testing at Port Canaveral

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
Is there any sense out there based on FB groups actual experiences or other social media, etc. as to the number or percentage of people who could not board because of a positive test at the port? I'm not asking about people turned away because of having improper documents; only positive tests.

In my tent on 9/20, only 1 confirmation number wasn't sent directly to the terminal. There were probably at least 50-60 groups coming and going while I was waiting in the tent.

Kwami- how did you receive your test results at the port? Did it come to you via email? Did you have to log into the safe passage website on your phone to get it?

In my tent on 9/20, only 1 confirmation number wasn't sent directly to the terminal. There were probably at least 50-60 groups coming and going while I was waiting in the tent.

Our FB group for Sept 27th Dream posted that one member of their family tested positive so the whole family could not board. They drove to the port from the Midwest somewhere.

We drove to the park and parked our rental in the garage and was tested there. They test on the 1st Floor and then you park on the upper floors of the garage and wait for your results. Our results took 50 minutes. We received an email but I had kept logging into my safe passage account to check as well.

Kwami- how did you receive your test results at the port? Did it come to you via email? Did you have to log into the safe passage website on your phone to get it?

I got an email, which prompted me to log into Safe Passage to see my updated status. There was also a big TV in the tent that listed confirmation numbers and statuses. If you were clear, then it said "Terminal" next to your confirmation number. Otherwise, it directed you to an Inspire advisor. Only one confirmation number didn't have "Terminal" while I was there. There was a worker letting everyone know that we'd get our status faster on the phone than on the TV, but I actually got both at the same time.

What do you do if you’re using a one way rental car? Obviously you can’t turn the car in until you get an all clear.

Last edited:
What do you do if you’re using a one way rental car? Obviously you can’t turn the car in until you get an all clear.
The car rental locations are not actually at the terminal but nearby. You return the rental and take a shuttle to the port terminal. I don't think you can keep the rental during testing unless you wanted to pay the parking fee, but then I'm not sure they would allow you to leave and return after you've tested.

The car rental locations are not actually at the terminal but nearby. You return the rental and take a shuttle to the port terminal. I don't think you can keep the rental during testing unless you wanted to pay the parking fee, but then I'm not sure they would allow you to leave and return after you've tested.

thanks, that makes sense. Not for us, but other family members joining us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter