covid testing before cruise?

breakingd_awn

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right, we sail on the Magic Jan 26 hopefully. My husband currently has covid and is quarantined in a room, im delivering food with a mask on . So far my daughter and I arent showing symptoms. I scheduled a pcr lab test on the 16th for all 3 of us to give us enough time to get a doctors note if needed in case my husband is still testing positve. We're flying on the 26th so should we do a travel test also from the drug store the day before or an at home rapid test? This is the MOST stressful vacation EVER. We have a group of 10 going this time and they are all testing too. We are all vaccinated and boosted except for 1 toddler.

There is a detailed post somewhere the pcr needs to be in the range of 12-90 days from cruise date so you should move up your test date earlier. You also will need a drs more so make sure your husband is in contact with a dr and if you test positive with your pcr do the same- but like I said there is a much more detailed post somewhere.

I'm just wondering if I'm doing this right, we sail on the Magic Jan 26 hopefully. My husband currently has covid and is quarantined in a room, im delivering food with a mask on . So far my daughter and I arent showing symptoms. I scheduled a pcr lab test on the 16th for all 3 of us to give us enough time to get a doctors note if needed in case my husband is still testing positve. We're flying on the 26th so should we do a travel test also from the drug store the day before or an at home rapid test? This is the MOST stressful vacation EVER. We have a group of 10 going this time and they are all testing too. We are all vaccinated and boosted except for 1 toddler.
I can’t tell if the toddler is your daughter or someone in your broader group. The unvaxxed toddler must have a pcr or naat negative test taken within 3 days of sailing. Nobody else needs to test before arriving at the port, but you can optionally do so if you want to know for peace of mind. If so, I would recommend a naat/pcr at a drive thru test location so that you are not testing indoors with a lot of sick people. I don’t recommend the home tests as they are very unreliable.

I can’t tell if the toddler is your daughter or someone in your broader group. The unvaxxed toddler must have a pcr or naat negative test taken within 3 days of sailing. Nobody else needs to test before arriving at the port, but you can optionally do so if you want to know for peace of mind. If so, I would recommend a naat/pcr at a drive thru test location so that you are not testing indoors with a lot of sick people. I don’t recommend the home tests as they are very unreliable.

Thank you:) We're going to the CVS drive thru for the PCR test and we will probably get a travel covid test there the day before, for peace of mind.

I would test rest of family on Day 3-5 after your husbands positive and probably again on Day 10 just so you know if you are asymptomatic and positive. This will give you time to get documentation from your primary care.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter