• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

COVID testing sites near WDW?

DiannaVM

DIS Veteran
We will be coming to Disney at the end of March. Currently our country requires all International travelers (regardless of vaccination status) to be tested prior to re-entry. Because all members of my party are fully vaccinated (except for my daughter who is 1, but she doesn’t need a test), we only need to do a Rapid Antigen test three days before our returning flight.

Does anyone know of any places nearby that are reliable in getting rapid test results within 24 hours? Unfortunately they will not accept home test kits, it has to be from a reputable company or medical lab. Cost is not an issue, just trying to cut our time by going somewhere close to where we are staying that will give us our results on time.
I know about Advent Health at the airport, but anyone know anywhere else? I know testing is crazy right now and getting results back on time even worse, but our test can’t be more than three days old (the day of the test counts as day 1).

Thanks for your help

I would recommend getting tested at the airport clinic (it's operated by Advent Health), this testing location is exclusively for travelers so you don't have to worry about dealing with long lines at local testing centers..

Avoid Fast Test Now near Universal at all costs. They charge you up front and advertise a 30 minute turnaround for your results to be emailed. After 6 hours I tried their phone number which went to a full voicemail. Then spent hours emailing back and forth with no luck. Finally ended up going back to the physical location the next morning and waited until they gave me results.

Avoid Fast Test Now near Universal at all costs. They charge you up front and advertise a 30 minute turnaround for your results to be emailed. After 6 hours I tried their phone number which went to a full voicemail. Then spent hours emailing back and forth with no luck. Finally ended up going back to the physical location the next morning and waited until they gave me results.
I went there for a pre-cruise test and had no issues. Sorry you did.

I would recommend getting tested at the airport clinic (it's operated by Advent Health), this testing location is exclusively for travelers so you don't have to worry about dealing with long lines at local testing centers..
Thanks, someone who traveled recently to Orlando told me to go there too (they didn't) but from what I've seen, even with an appointment, it could be a lengthy wait to get tested. I don't mind paying higher rates because I know I have to pay regardless and I want to make sure we get our results within the time frame required by our government. Its just an added logistical nightmare to travelling lol.

Beeper MD is a free service that will come right to your hotel
Not to be dramatic, but if I could hug you right now, I would. I have never heard of Beeper MD, but this might be a great option for us. We have two pre-cruise days in Disney parks and I have been trying to figure out the best way to get our pre-cruise COVID test taken care of in Orlando, while also not missing out on our very limited time at the parks.

There are lots of great options for virtual tests that give you a "fit to fly certificate"

I just used skyway testing for the UK and I know that lots of people have used emed tests. It's all done via video and you are e-mailed a certificate to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter