Covid Testing

ND Irishfan

Earning My Ears
We were planning to do the free Walgreens tests when we got down to Florida on the 19th (2 days before we sail), but now that they are charging we had to come up with a new plan. We are going with on point as we can use the free tests the government supplies and just pay a fee for the virtual portion. Since we are going that route and they take appts 24 hours a day we are thinking of doing at 3:45am before we head to the airport for our 6:30 flight. Two questions for anyone that has gone this route. How long does it take to administer and receive the results as we need to leave the house by 4:15am? Second, I am not sure where this company is based, but do we know for sure that the date of the test on the form with show the correct day being that we are taking it in our time zone so early?

We were planning to do the free Walgreens tests when we got down to Florida on the 19th (2 days before we sail), but now that they are charging we had to come up with a new plan. We are going with on point as we can use the free tests the government supplies and just pay a fee for the virtual portion. Since we are going that route and they take appts 24 hours a day we are thinking of doing at 3:45am before we head to the airport for our 6:30 flight. Two questions for anyone that has gone this route. How long does it take to administer and receive the results as we need to leave the house by 4:15am? Second, I am not sure where this company is based, but do we know for sure that the date of the test on the form with show the correct day being that we are taking it in our time zone so early?

why not wait until you get to your hotel room. We are arriving Thursday night for a Saturday cruise. We plan to test that evening. I read the results come back within 30 minutes then you can upload them to safe passage then.

We get to WDW on a Friday night. Our cruise leaves on Monday. What is the earliest we can test. Is midnight on Saturday ok? I want to get it out of the way as we plan to be busy at the parks until Monday.

We get to WDW on a Friday night. Our cruise leaves on Monday. What is the earliest we can test. Is midnight on Saturday ok? I want to get it out of the way as we plan to be busy at the parks until Monday.

i Would think so. I believe they count the days, not the hours. it’s all new to us.

So, Walgreens is now charging $128.99.

How much is it if you get tested at the port?

Last edited:
Per test?? At the port it is 74 per person for the rapid.
On the Walgreens site, if you check that you have symptoms or were exposed, there is no cost for the Rapid NAAT Test. If you check that the test is for traveling, the cost is $128.99 each.

If I am not reading this correctly, someone let me know. I am so confused and stressed over all of this.

If you do the Disney pre cruise tests 2 days before with Inspire the cost is $46.58 per person. They offer the service by appointment either at the Sheraton at the MCO airport or at the Radisson Hotel about 2 miles away from the port. We live by the port and the pharmacies. Walgreens is the only pharmacy doing tests and it's either the PCR or Naat tests. The Naat is listed as free, more accurate and takes 2 hours to get results. My daughter, husband and son used Walgreens prior to a cruise last week and it was free. Their friend also used Walgreens and had to say she was exposed to Covid to get the test free. Otherwise local to the port Urgent Cares will do the testing which run from $194 to $270 per person.

I’m in the same boat, has anyone used the testing sites at MCO? Thinking of staying there night before cruise.

For a cruise that leaves on Monday, your test results must be uploaded into safe passage my midnight on Sunday. That means you can test anytime on Saturday or Sunday and have those results count as long as the test results report shows either date for Saturday or Sunday!

why not wait until you get to your hotel room. We are arriving Thursday night for a Saturday cruise. We plan to test that evening. I read the results come back within 30 minutes then you can upload them to safe passage the

We have a cruise in Sept to Alaska. Since we are flying from Boston we want to test before getting on the plane in case we are positive; we don´t want to be in Seattle when we get the results.

There are also telehealth places like eMed and OnPoint, where they watch you test over your phone/computer and send official results. They typically use rapid antigen.

I’m in the same boat, has anyone used the testing sites at MCO? Thinking of staying there night before cruise.
I just booked the Inspire thru safe passage for the Radisson port location but they have a location in the Sheraton at the airport as well. It seems like a smooth process and they upload all the information straight to safe passage so you should be approved to sail immediately.

On the Walgreens site, if you check that you have symptoms or were exposed, there is no cost for the Rapid NAAT Test. If you check that the test is for traveling, the cost is $128.99 each.

If I am not reading this correctly, someone let me know. I am so confused and stressed over all of this.
I'm so sorry, that sounds like a steep price. We do have Walgreens, but in my area (Midatlantic) most testing in various places, except for rapid PCRs, is thankfully still free.
We have mobile testing units/pop ups, and the tests are actually proctored, but that is not really noted anywhere on the results by the lab. I actually spoke about this to a DCL agent today, and they said - any rapid test manufacturer/brand can be used, but it must indicate somewhere that it was proctored, and he recommended I call Safe Passage. He specifically mentioned something like Walgreens and the like would be acceptable, and I was thinking of a minute clinic type setting. But that price is too high.

That’s what I was reading and was wondering what would happen if you just checked you had symptoms or were exposed? Would you get a free test that you could then use for the cruise?

That’s what I was reading and was wondering what would happen if you just checked you had symptoms or were exposed? Would you get a free test that you could then use for the cruise?
Wondering, too. Or, would this put a "black mark on your permanent record?"

I just booked the Inspire thru safe passage for the Radisson port location but they have a location in the Sheraton at the airport as well. It seems like a smooth process and they upload all the information straight to safe passage so you should be approved to sail immediately.
This sounds pretty ideal. I really didn't know it was an option. Sounds better than dealing with Walgreens at home..

Our Wish cruise sails Monday 7/25 and we are staying very near the Radisson the day/night before (driving up from South Florida). So, it sounds like once with get our Safe Passage account 15 days prior, we can book an actual in-person appointment on Sunday at the Radisson and they do the uploading? And, that will be enough time for everything to be completed?

I have been reading the boards and I am so confused as to when to test. If my cruise leaves on a Tuesday, and if I schedule my test on a Saturday will the be accepted? There are two of us (myself and my mother) and we are flying down the day before and will not have a car.

thank you
Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter