Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Fatigue

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Other

Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters
N

nw6675

I don't recall a specific thread on this, but curious: what were your symptoms? DH, DD and I have Covid right now and we are all different:

DH: congestion, minor cough, severe headache, body aches, gastro issues, fatigue. Low grade fever in the beginning. He initially just had congestion, minor cough and low fever when he was first to show symptoms and get tested.

Me: severe headache, fatigue, fever, shortness of breath (elephant on chest), chills, loss of taste (not smell)

DD: low grade fever

SIL: cough, body aches, chills

I know it impacts everyone differently so curious what other Dis folks have felt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sore throat, fatigue, fever for 24 hours that only went up to 100.2 and headache. That lasted 2-3 days. It was like a cold.

DD14 had sore throat and headache that lasted 2 or so days and loss of taste and smell for a week.

My SO never tested and never developed symptoms. We never quarantined from each other either. We have a small home with no extra bedrooms or bathrooms.

My DS20 tested after DD tested positive and was negative. But he’s rarely home and when he is he’s naturally in his room. He never developed symptoms and never tested again.

Last edited:
My first symptoms were sore throat and congestion. After about five days, I did get a weird dry cough. It wasn't constant, just intermittent. The sore throat was the worst part for me, honestly.

Mine started with a dry cough and stuffy/runny nose. I assumed it was just a cold. But then I had fever so I got tested. It was positive. More symptoms then were body aches and chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, shortness of breath. I had no energy to do the most simple of household chores. It lasted about 10 days then I started feeling better. The shortness of breath lasted about a month though. Worst flu I’ve ever had. Oh, and loss of taste and smell for several days. DH lost his sense of taste and smell but that was all, and he did not get tested.

My DD started with loss of appetite, headache, fatigue and diarrhea. After a day or so she had a bit of a sore throat and had a temp in the low 99’s (she is typically in the 97’s). Never really developed anything beyond that. Said the headache was the worst part. She felt 100% after 3-4 days. She is young—14, healthy and fit.

I’m very curious about treatment/self-care. Did any of you take regular OTC meds like you would for a cold or flu and if so, did they help? We’ve heard practically nothing about how one should actually be managing the illness at home.

I’m very curious about treatment/self-care. Did any of you take regular OTC meds like you would for a cold or flu and if so, did they help? We’ve heard practically nothing about how one should actually be managing the illness at home.

I took DayQuil and ibuprofen. It helped. When I was medicated I felt fine except I was tired. But the sore throat, fever (very low anyway) and headache would go away. Same with DD except she never developed a fever and wasn’t tired.

There's been something floating around Facebook, I remember it included laying on your stomach (have been hearing this one on the news); getting up and moving regularly; Vitamins C, D, and Zinc; plenty of fluids; bananas.

I answered poll for DH- low fever, headache, body aches, fatigue, light headed. One week of fairly sick, one week of alternately feeling good/feeling tired. He did not take any meds.

There's been something floating around Facebook, I remember it included laying on your stomach (have been hearing this one on the news); getting up and moving regularly; Vitamins C, D, and Zinc; plenty of fluids; bananas.

I answered poll for DH- low fever, headache, body aches, fatigue, light headed. One week of fairly sick, one week of alternately feeling good/feeling tired. He did not take any meds.

I regularly take vitamin D due to low levels. I also continued to move around. I worked from home, did household chores, laundry, cleaning, etc. If it wasn’t for covid I probably would’ve missed one day of work and gone on with my regular life. As a mom that’s just how it is when I’m sick. Life keeps going. I don’t stop. No breaks. Lol

My grandmother took zinc at the first sign of symptoms and luckily only had bad cold symptoms.

Last edited:
I don't recall a specific thread on this, but curious: what were your symptoms? DH, DD and I have Covid right now and we are all different:

DH: congestion, minor cough, severe headache, body aches, gastro issues, fatigue. Low grade fever in the beginning. He initially just had congestion, minor cough and low fever when he was first to show symptoms and get tested.

Me: severe headache, fatigue, fever, shortness of breath (elephant on chest), chills, loss of taste (not smell)

DD: low grade fever

SIL: cough, body aches, chills

I know it impacts everyone differently so curious what other Dis folks have felt.

I’m interested in your “elephant on the chest” description. My husband and I came back from Ft Lauderdale last February and we’re 99% sure now we both had Covid about four days later. My case was worse, and included what I called a concrete block on my chest. The reason I didn’t think back then that it was Covid was because we didn’t literally have shortness of breath. But in my case, trying to take a deep breath would set off spasms of the dry cough. So I only took short breaths. Is that how it was for you? My temp was 102.9, my husband’s only about 100. We both had headaches, body aches, and extreme fatigue.

Home treatment: We slept for the better part of four days, and used Tylenol for the headache and fever. Fortunately, I had already made a big batch of chicken soup, and we lived on chicken soup, bananas, and tea. I couldn’t even think of drinking coffee. It seemed too acidic. By the end of the week we were feeling considerably better. My dry cough lingered, eventually turning into a more normal cough with rumbly chest congestion. That lasted about three to four weeks and then I was totally back to normal.

Back then, testing wasn’t available and people who had symptoms were advised just to stay home and isolate. I wish I could prove we had Covid. I know it’s possible to get it a second time, but I believe most people can mount an immune response more readily after having it once.

I’m interested in your “elephant on the chest” description. My husband and I came back from Ft Lauderdale last February and we’re 99% sure now we both had Covid about four days later. My case was worse, and included what I called a concrete block on my chest. The reason I didn’t think back then that it was Covid was because we didn’t literally have shortness of breath. But in my case, trying to take a deep breath would set off spasms of the dry cough. So I only took short breaths. Is that how it was for you? My temp was 102.9, my husband’s only about 100. We both had headaches, body aches, and extreme fatigue.

Home treatment: We slept for the better part of four days, and used Tylenol for the headache and fever. Fortunately, I had already made a big batch of chicken soup, and we lived on chicken soup, bananas, and tea. I couldn’t even think of drinking coffee. It seemed too acidic. By the end of the week we were feeling considerably better. My dry cough lingered, eventually turning into a more normal cough with rumbly chest congestion. That lasted about three to four weeks and then I was totally back to normal.

Back then, testing wasn’t available and people who had symptoms were advised just to stay home and isolate. I wish I could prove we had Covid. I know it’s possible to get it a second time, but I believe most people can mount an immune response more readily after having it once.

That is how I feel. Just a huge weight and pressure sitting on my chest. I can breathe, but it is a chore to get a deep breath. Honestly, your symptoms sound like they were worse than ours and I don't blame you for thinking it was the virus.

It went through my household the beginning of November. I am fully compliant with masking, social distancing, and cleaning protocols at work. I 'think' I was the first to contract it. I had a headache and a bit of tiredness- that is also a monthly occurrence for me because of perimenopause, so at the time, my headache wasn't even on my radar as abnormal.

about 4 days later, DS20 had a headache and crabbiness (is that a symptom? lol) he later developed a cough
2 days after that, DS19 had a runny nose and lost his sense of smell

Their girlfriends both tested negative as did my DH and M-I-Law

I woke up on a Sunday feeling like I was getting a cold. By afternoon, I was in bed with body aches and feeling feverish. I always have a lot of gastro issues but looking back now it was worse during this time. I only had a fever that day but felt like I had a bad cold for about a week after....extremely tired. I am still super tired and it's been almost a month now. Like a PP said, I'm mom so I still was doing everything that needed to be done around the house, while everyone else just got to be sick. :rolleyes:

DD22 started feeling sick three days(Wednesday) after me. She started with a high fever and then developed a headache and sore throat. She felt this way for days and mostly slept the entire time, just woke up to get her temp taken and to take meds. About a week after initial symptoms, she started coughing but just a dry cough. She's still coughing and is been almost a month.

DH felt feverish 3 days(Friday) after DD. He had terrible headaches, said it felt like someone was stabbing him in the head. His whole body ached terrible, he could not get comfortable. He had coughing, sneezing, head congestion which probably made his headaches worse, fever and chills. He was sweaty hot from fever but couldn't get warm. His symptoms lasted 2 days and then he was fine, like he never felt bad at all.

We all tested that Saturday(I think...my days blend together during that time...lol), got positive results by Monday. None of us lost our taste or smell, none of us had breathing issues....DD has a cough but it's not coming from her chest more like clearing her throat. I think I'm the only one who still feels super tired.... like literally exhausted all the time. After going to the store, I feel like I need a nap. DH probably felt the worst of the three of us but for the least amount of time(but I'm also wondering if it was a case of the "man cold" too :rolleyes1 lol), DD would've been next in terms of feeling bad and then me. DD and I probably felt bad for the same amount of time, after about a week we felt ok, DD still has a lingering cough, though.

As for home treatment....we all took acetaminophen/ibuprofen for the fevers and body aches as well as vitamins and supplements. In addition to our daily vitamins, we took EmergenC, vitamin D3 and oscillococcinum(which I always take when I'm feeling sick) everyday. DD took a decongestant and used throat lozenges.

Last edited:
I had a bad cough, headaches, a fever that see-sawed from low to so high I once hallucinated, fatigue (when I say fatigue I mean I was down for the count for days), and body aches. Chills, really bad ones so that I couldn't get warm no matter what I did. I never had shortness of breath, but the cough would take my breath away for a few seconds. I am still dealing with the fatigue, but it's slowly getting better. I also have a lot of heart palpitations now. My cardiologist thinks they're from menopause, but who knows?

I took Tylenol like candy. Robitussin for the cough, although it didn't help much.

I woke up on a Sunday feeling like I was getting a cold. By afternoon, I was in bed with body aches and feeling feverish. I always have a lot of gastro issues but looking back now it was worse during this time. I only had a fever that day but felt like I had a bad cold for about a week after....extremely tired. I am still super tired and it's been almost a month now. Like a PP said, I'm mom so I still was doing everything that needed to be done around the house, while everyone else just got to be sick. :rolleyes:

DD22 started feeling sick three days(Wednesday) after me. She started with a high fever and then developed a headache and sore throat. She felt this way for days and mostly slept the entire time, just woke up to get her temp taken and to take meds. About a week after initial symptoms, she started coughing but just a dry cough. She's still coughing and is been almost a month.

DH felt feverish 3 days(Friday) after DD. He had terrible headaches, said it felt like someone was stabbing him in the head. His whole body ached terrible, he could not get comfortable. He had coughing, sneezing, head congestion which probably made his headaches worse, fever and chills. He was sweaty hot from fever but couldn't get warm. His symptoms lasted 2 days and then he was fine, like he never felt bad at all.

We all tested that Saturday(I think...my days blend together during that time...lol), got positive results by Monday. None of us lost our taste or smell, none of us had breathing issues....DD has a cough but it's not coming from her chest more like clearing her throat. I think I'm the only one who still feels super tired.... like literally exhausted all the time. After going to the store, I feel like I need a nap. DH probably felt the worst of the three of us but for the least amount of time(but I'm also wondering if it was a case of the "man cold" too :rolleyes1 lol), DD would've been next in terms of feeling bad and then me. DD and I probably felt bad for the same amount of time, after about a week we felt ok, DD still has a lingering cough, though.

As for home treatment....we all took acetaminophen/ibuprofen for the fevers and body aches as well as vitamins and supplements. In addition to our daily vitamins, we took EmergenC, vitamin D3 and oscillococcinum(which I always take when I'm feeling sick) everyday. DD took a decongestant and used throat lozenges.

I put a love on your post because I'm totally identifying with your "man-cold" comment.😂

Our headaches have been the worst of it. It feels like the worst sinus and ice cream headache ever while jumping in a pool with water up your nose all while having your eyeballs poked...

Our headaches have been the worst of it. It feels like the worst sinus and ice cream headache ever while jumping in a pool with water up your nose all while having your eyeballs poked...

Laughed only because of the man cold...not about your head aches...lol. But you described the headache perfectly. I seriously told my mom my nose was burning like I got water up it and my eyeballs felt like they were going to pop, especially when I had to cough. Awful.... hopefully you're feeling better soon.

I voted for DD21, but I was sick with the same symptoms in March and was bit tested at the time, so I think I may have had it, too.

I tested positive last night (Sunday).

Saturday:
Sinus headache with lots of pressure
Sore neck and shoulders
Chills
A little sinus drainage in my throat
99.2 in the evening (usually in 97s)

Sunday:
Sinus headache was worse.
Neck and shoulder pain was worse.
Fever was gone in the morning but came back in the evening - still in the 99s.
Congestion moved into my chest and I got a rumbly cough.

I got tested because it moved so quickly into my chest.

I’m taking vitamin D, zinc, Tylenol, Advil, and Mucinex D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter