CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

I plan on doing it the spring of 2012. Long ways away, when I'm a Sophomore in college! I really want to try entertainment and go through the audition process. I'm about 5'3, but I'm not very sure of my height. Could be more, could be less, not sure. But I have 10 years of dance experience (I had to quit becuase of band)

My second choice is a toss-up between attractions and concierge. Because I have always wanted to be an attractions person (my prime choice would be Ellen's Energy Adventure, second would be TSM). And concierge just sounds fun.

For height, they probably won't measure you at 5'3, they'll measure you either up or down an inch because of need in those heights. Most people are never measured at their actual height by Disney from what I read on these boards. You're dance experience will definitely help with the dance part of the audition. If you're good enough, they could pull you to be a parade dancer.

Entertainment is def. my first choice but I'm 5'8 and want to do face so we'll see how that works out. My second choice is costuming/wardrobe I really like clothes and I really like organizing so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.
Fall '13 will be my first semester of my sophmore year in college.

I think if I didn't get character performer I would have attractions as my second choice and merchandise as my third. I might possibly put character attendant in one of those places also. Attractions looks fun and I would love to do the new Little Mermaid ride once its finished. I love Ariel :) Merchandise looks fun too because you're always moving around from store to store, so I would never be bored in one place. Character attendant would be fun cuz you can watch the kids get to meet the charcters. :) Its also easy to pick up extra shifts in those roles. Also, I wouild definitely LOVE to work in the Magic Kingdom as that is my favorite park. :)

Entertainment is def. my first choice but I'm 5'8 and want to do face so we'll see how that works out. My second choice is costuming/wardrobe I really like clothes and I really like organizing so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.
Fall '13 will be my first semester of my sophmore year in college.

At 5'8 depending on how they measure you, you could definitely be in the running for Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) :)

At 5'8 depending on how they measure you, you could definitely be in the running for Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) :)

Yeah but they would still need to measure me down 1.2 inches which is a pretty considerable stretch I think. But who knows? I was hoping to audition before it's actually time for me to do my program so I could gauge if I could actually get a character role. A lot of it depends on what they need, it sounds like.

Yeah but they would still need to measure me down 1.2 inches which is a pretty considerable stretch I think. But who knows? I was hoping to audition before it's actually time for me to do my program so I could gauge if I could actually get a character role. A lot of it depends on what they need, it sounds like.

They would only need to measure you down an inch which is pretty common. Most people get measured down about an inch. Yes, a lot is about need. By the time our CP's come around they'll probably have more of a need for princesses and fairies because of the Fantasyland expansion. A lot of the princesses and fairies are getting their own meet and greet area which they are supposed to be at all day. That makes a need for more people to work those shifts. This includes Aurora, she's getting her own meet and greet. ;) Once you're old enough to audition (18) you could try it just to see what its like and if they accept you, just decline it. Then you'll be fully prepared for the CP audition. :)

Ooh, I would like to do a "trial" audition as well, but it probably won't be convenient since they're all pretty far away. :(
I'm a little under 5'6", which opens up opportunities for Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and maybe Belle. Plus a whole bunch of non-face.
Kind of wish I was mouse height sometimes because I love mickey and minnie! haha.

Oh, and I think for face that 5'8" in in the range for some villains, like Maleficent.

This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.

Ooh, I would like to do a "trial" audition as well, but it probably won't be convenient since they're all pretty far away. :(
I'm a little under 5'6", which opens up opportunities for Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and maybe Belle. Plus a whole bunch of non-face.
Kind of wish I was mouse height sometimes because I love mickey and minnie! haha.

Oh, and I think for face that 5'8" in in the range for some villains, like Maleficent.

Yep, you have a lot of face oppurtunities. The only thing that's bad about your height is its pretty common and there's some serious competition for fur characters. I think Maleficent, Evil queen, Cruella, etc. start around 5'10 and go up. I'm mouse height :) Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom :wizard:

This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.

To do it and graduate on time you'd have to already have some AP credits from high school.

Yep, you have a lot of face oppurtunities. The only thing that's bad about your height is its pretty common and there's some serious competition for fur characters. I think Maleficent, Evil queen, Cruella, etc. start around 5'10 and go up. I'm mouse height :) Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom :wizard:

Definitly Magic Kingdom, specifically Fantasyland. Anyone know Belle's height limit? I think it starts at 5'4, but wheras snow white and cinderella's end at 5'6(I think) does hers end at 5'7?

Definitly Magic Kingdom, specifically Fantasyland. Anyone know Belle's height limit? I think it starts at 5'4, but wheras snow white and cinderella's end at 5'6(I think) does hers end at 5'7?

I think she may end about 5'6. I think you're right about her starting at 5'4. I believe the only one that ends at 5'7 is Aurora and maybe Ariel that greets in her human form. The mermaid form is typically shorter.

To do it and graduate on time you'd have to already have some AP credits from high school.

I actually will graduate in 4.5 years. I transfered from another college after my freshman semester. I've taken 18-21 credits last semester and this semester as well. I could graduate on time if I did not do the program, but I'm planing on doing the program, of course!

I would love to become friends with a character. I'm 5'10, right now. And hopefully I'll grow some more as well. The chances of me getting measured down far enough to be a princess is slim to say the least. I'd have to lose like 3 inches.

I think my dream= tigger. I'm so hyper, i bounce anyway :) My cousin actually was accepted for the program for fur when he did it and became friends with Tigger, so i'd love to follow his footsteps.

I have to wait about a year to do the program- I'm in college now, but I want to graduate on time so I plan on doing the program the semester after I graduate :)

I'm also an Entertainment hopeful. Being friends with Snow White is my dream. ( I was measured 5'5" by Disney so that's pretty darn perfect!) I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.

I would love to become friends with a character. I'm 5'10, right now. And hopefully I'll grow some more as well. The chances of me getting measured down far enough to be a princess is slim to say the least. I'd have to lose like 3 inches.

I think my dream= tigger. I'm so hyper, i bounce anyway :) My cousin actually was accepted for the program for fur when he did it and became friends with Tigger, so i'd love to follow his footsteps.

I think you're in the right height range for Tigger. That would be awesome if you could be friends with Tigger. :) If you wanted to do face, you might have some oppurtunities with the villians. :)

I have to wait about a year to do the program- I'm in college now, but I want to graduate on time so I plan on doing the program the semester after I graduate :)

I'm also an Entertainment hopeful. Being friends with Snow White is my dream. ( I was measured 5'5" by Disney so that's pretty darn perfect!) I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.

Wow. 5'5 is perfect :) Its good that you've already been to the audition and know what its like :) If you passed then, you'll probably pass again for the CP. :thumbsup2

Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom :wizard:

I'd LOVE magic kingdom! Doing face there would be so cool, but so would any position there because the atmosphere is just so wonderful :goodvibes
But I'd be happy be in the other parks if I was performing in one of the shows or parades, because that's an aspiration of mine too.

I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.

Wow! Congrats on passing the audition! Disney is crazy with their casting, like sometimes you would get hired but other times you wouldn't. :sad2:
What was the audition like?

I'd LOVE magic kingdom! Doing face there would be so cool, but so would any position there because the atmosphere is just so wonderful :goodvibes
But I'd be happy be in the other parks if I was performing in one of the shows or parades, because that's an aspiration of mine too.

Same here. If I got Magic Kingdom, I would love to do Fantasyland. That's always been my favorite land since I was little :lovestruc I'd love to be in a parade too. I heard regular cast members can't really be in the shows because they are all equity actors. That kinda sucks but oh well. I know that Mickey and Minnie in Dream Along With Mickey aren't equity though. I could have a shot at that though since I'm mouse height, but I'd really love to do face :)

Wow. 5'5 is perfect :) Its good that you've already been to the audition and know what its like :) If you passed then, you'll probably pass again for the CP. :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for! lol :thumbsup2

Wow! Congrats on passing the audition! Disney is crazy with their casting, like sometimes you would get hired but other times you wouldn't. :sad2:
What was the audition like?

Thanks- And yeah, they really are crazy with casting. It's so competitive and plus- you may never know what they are looking for.

The audition was most definitely the most fun audition I have ever been to. While you're in the room performing, it isn't stressful at all (well maybe a little lol) They make it so fun and so happy. You know, you never think it would be like that, but then you get to the audition and you're like "yeah! it should be like this- it's Disney!" haha

Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom :wizard:

Magic Kingdom for sure. Number 1 pick. Anywhere and everywhere in that park lol it's going to be AMAZING once the expansion is done. But I'd also love Epcot for Entertainment. Being friends with a character in World Showcase would be totally awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter