• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

Thanks Joanna :) Anyway, I remembered what other role I would want: Photopass Photographer. Even though I'm not a professional or anything I love to take pics and they turn out pretty well. :) It sounds like a fun role.

WELCOME! :goodvibes

I love how much this thread has grown since i started it back in october!
keep the posts coming! :thumbsup2 I'd really love to keep this thread going until our CP's are finally here!

I'd love to keep it going too :) I love this thread :)

Yup! I have about one year :)

I'm so excited.... and I have at least 8 months before I can apply. Boo.

Do you guys think it would be better to do the cp in fall or spring? I just wonder.

I've been debating this myself. I think I'd really like to do Fall, just because I love being at Disney during Christmas. BUT, my high school dance team (that my sister will be on when I plan to do the program) will be going to WDW during Spring 2012, so if I did that program, they would be there for a week with me.

Are you planning on doing advantage? I'm still not sure yet.

Do you guys think it would be better to do the cp in fall or spring? Just wondering...

I've been debating this myself. I think I'd really like to do Fall, just because I love being at Disney during Christmas. BUT, my high school dance team (that my sister will be on when I plan to do the program) will be going to WDW during Spring 2012, so if I did that program, they would be there for a week with me.

SPRING :)
I'm still debating Spring Advantage or Spring.

I think I would do Fall Advantage because I love Disney during the holidays. :)Plus you get more hours because you start in summer (very busy), you're there for Halloween (busy), Thanksgiving (busy), and Christmas (very busy). I might miss the holidays with my family, but I'd get over it. In spring the only major busy times you are there for are Spring Break and summer (if you do Spring Advantage). I just think Fall Advantage is a better choice.

I'm definitely doing Fall Advantage. Partly because I have to do it after I graduate- so the only time I could do it is in the fall. And partly because I would love to work summer, halloween, thanksgiving, and christmas. There are just so many changes in the parks at those times. You get to see all the decorations :) And I don't think I would mind working on the holidays.

I was planning on doing FA too! For all the above reasons mentioned, and if I happen to get into entertainment, there would be more of a likelihood that I could get trained in something like a parade, show, etc. if I had the right coloring code from my audition. (I forget the exact name of the coding system that they base your audition scores on, but I'm pretty sure for dance type things like parades you have to be in high yellow?)

I was planning on doing FA too! For all the above reasons mentioned, and if I happen to get into entertainment, there would be more of a likelihood that I could get trained in something like a parade, show, etc. if I had the right coloring code from my audition. (I forget the exact name of the coding system that they base your audition scores on, but I'm pretty sure for dance type things like parades you have to be in high yellow?)

I'm pretty sure its yellow and red. I would also love to do a parade or show. Its true that during that season there is more of a chance as they have at least 5 different parades at Magic Kingdom and more at the other parks at that time. There is SpectroMagic, Celebrate a Dream Come True, Move it and Shake It Street Party, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party parades. That's just at MK.

Do you guys think it would be better to do the cp in fall or spring? I just wonder.

I definitely prefer Fall over Spring. I love being at WDW for the major holidays (plus, my birthday falls over the summer).

It ranges from blue to red (for both animation and dance). It all depends on the show/parade, and the role in the show/parade.

I definitely prefer Fall over Spring. I love being at WDW for the major holidays (plus, my birthday falls over the summer).

It ranges from blue to red (for both animation and dance). It all depends on the show/parade, and the role in the show/parade.

My birthday is in summer too, July 28th to be exact. Another reason to do FA. :)

anyone waiting (and wishing) for 2014/ possibly 2015? I graduate highschool 2013. Highschool wont be done soon enough

I don't think I'd be able to stand waiting that long! If I had known about the CP my freshman year, I don't know how I'd manage to stay sane. Haha, I've pretty much already gone crazy, obsessing over the program, and I've still got at least a year or two before I can go. :rotfl:

Anyways, hi! Do you know what roles you're interested in?

Also, I know what you mean about high school not ending soon enough. The days seem to go by so slowly, but the years really do go by fast!

So. I had a nightmare last night about the college program.
I was assigned to work at the Poly as a server but my trainer hated us and tried to make us fail. My roommates were all character attendants at the parks, and my trainer kept making us fail at our jobs. And we had to wear these cute dresses that kept getting shorter and knee socks with flip-flops.

Oh boy. that was horrible. and it made no sense in reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter