CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

Yes! Are you planning on going to the D23 Expo in August? I am, and it should be awesome! :goodvibes

One amazing trip memory was just a few weeks ago when I went to WDW for Christmas week: seeing the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights!
It was SO breathtaking and gorgeous seeing the whole street illuminated in lights!
162728_1724506040104_1461973912_31857744_3879026_n.jpg

Not to mention seeing the castle in lights!
163398_1724507040129_1461973912_31857754_4941081_n.jpg

I love the disney christmas special on HGTV when they talk about their christmas decorating. I always wanted to go to disney during the holidays. It looks so so amazing. We're thinking about going next year :) It's so amazing looking.

New question...

Does anyone have a specific Disney trip/story that is most memorable for them?

My most memorable Disney trip was my last one in July 2010. Like Pancakes, it was a graduation present and I stayed at Old Key West on my aunt's vacation club points (free lodging! yay!) I went with my mom and my boyfriend. It was so special for me because my boyfriend had not been to Disney since he was 5 or 6, so he didn't remember much, so it was technically his first time that he will remember. Just seeing his reaction to going on rides for the first time (i.e. Test Track, Dinosaur, etc.) and seeing shows for the first time (i.e. Illuminations) felt so great.... best part is that I got him hooked on Disney now! He can't wait for the two of us to return:cool1:

two awesome things about today:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!
and
there are exactly 400 days til my February 2012 trip to WDW!
:lovestruc

Geez, I go away for a few days and there are 5 gillion people here. :rotfl:

I'm so happy this thread is booming again! :)

I'm going to do something I haven't done in a while, a question of the day!

Today's question:
What are your career goals with Disney? Do you just want to do the college program, or do you also want to do a professional internship or end up working for Disney as a permanent career?

I plan to do a CP my sophomore year of college, then do a PI right after I graduate, and hopefully stay on in WDW and rise up in the company! It's my dream to be high up in the theme parks division of Disney someday. My family just has to come to terms with me living in Orlando! haha

Look forward to hearing all your responses/career goals!

I would love to go to University of Central Florida and work at WDW full time while in college. I would love to move up from there, hopefully in Entertainment. My ultimate goal is Vice president of the Magic Kingdom Park. Its crazy, I know, its also pretty unlikely, but anything can happen. "If you can dream it, you can do it." The fact that I live out of state may prevent me being able to go there because of college tuition cost, but I'm going to try. My back up plan is the CP. I would go to college here in GA (it would be a heck of a lot cheaper) and then do the CP during Fall Adv. the semester after I graduate and then try and work with Disney from there, hopefully in a PI. My top role choice for either situation would be Entertainment. I am mouse height and I think I would love doing that. I would love to be "freinds" with Mickey in Fantasmic! :cloud9: That would probably only happen if I was a full-timer though, so hopefully situation A works out. Btw, I plan on majoring in either Communications or Business, which are both applicable at WDW.

a new question of the day:
(i had asked this a while ago, but there are a lot of new people! :) if you've already answered you don't have to again unless your answer has changed.)
what roles are you interested in for your CP?

the ones i'm considering right now, in order, are:
  1. entertainment
  2. attractions
  3. bibbidi bobbidi boutique hostess
  4. photopass photographer
i may end up adding more (that i'm interested in, of course) by the time i apply to increase my chances! :thumbsup2

1. Entertainment
2. Photopass Photographer
3. Attractions
4. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess
5. Merchandise
6. Hotel Front Desk

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or not, why/what made you all pick the top choices for placements you've listed?

I love to entertain. I love to sing and dance. I think working with children would be wonderful too. I love little kids. I would love to have the oppurtunity to perform in shows and parades too (like I said, Fantasmic! :cloud9:) I also love greeting the characters when I visit, so I know I would love to do that myself.

New question...

I have only been to WDW 3 times in my life and they all hold a special place in my heart. I went in June of 2000 as a 5 yr old child and we stayed at All-Star Music. This was special to me because I still believed everything was real and such. Meeting Ariel was the greatest thing I did that trip. :) It was the only trip of my small childhood. I also went in Sept 2010 and it was special because we did EVERYTHING that we could pack into one trip. I experienced a lot of new rides I had never ridden and it was special becuase I got to see it through the eyes of my 9yr old cousin who had never been before. We also got to meet a lot of characters we didn't in the trip before that, 10 years ago. We stayed at All-Star Music in a family suite. My most recent trip was Dec 2010 with my school chorus to sing in the Candlelight Processional. It was very special because I got to experience it with my friends,It was great. It was kind of rushed though because we were only there for a few days and my chorus director isn't exactly "organized" or "together." We stayed off property, which just isn't the same. Ultimately, being with my friends made it great. Also, the Christmas decorations were OUTRAGEOUS, I loved them!

I love the disney christmas special on HGTV when they talk about their christmas decorating. I always wanted to go to disney during the holidays. It looks so so amazing. We're thinking about going next year :) It's so amazing looking.

You've got to be there in person to see them, they are AMAZING! :thumbsup2

New question of the day:

What is/are your favorite ride(s) in each of the parks?

Mine are
MK: space mountain, haunted mansion
Epcot: soarin', spaceship earth
DHS: Ttower of terror, rockin' roller coaster
AK: expedition everest, kilimanjaro safaris

New question...

My favorite trip was October 2009, when I went with my best friend for my 18th birthday. It was just really fun to show her everything for the first time (she had never been before) and experience WDW with a friend. A memorable story would have to be when I was about 3, and it was my first time at WDW. I had a really bad ear infection, and we were about to leave early to go home. But my parents decided to take me to the park for a bit one more time. We went to Toontown, and Dopey gave me a huge kiss on the cheek. Literally (and magically!) in a matter of two hours, my fever and ear ache went away. We got to stay one more day...and I can thank Dopey for that!

New question of the day:

Mine are

MK: Splash Mountain, Space Mountain
Epcot: Test Track, Soarin'
DHS: Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster
AK: Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids

New question of the day:

Mine are
MK: splash mountain, haunted mansion, peter pan's flight
Epcot: soarin', spaceship earth, and not a ride, but I love American Adventure
DHS: toy story mania and great movie ride

New question of the day:

Mine are

MK: Splash Mountain
Epcot: Test Track
DHS: Toy Story Mania
AK: Killimanjaro Safaris

Mine hasn't yet either. It was supposed to start wednesday, but we had three snow days/canceled classes so it's starting Tuesday. I've been out of school for a month now and I actually kind of miss it.

We went back to school on January 4th and went that whole week, but this past week we had snow days every day. We go back to school again this Tuesday because Monday is MLK Day.

My classes start back up on the 26th. I commute this year, so obviously I don't have to go till the 26th, while most people are getting there the 24th or 25th. I'm really enjoying this nice long break, so going back to school will definitely be back to reality :guilty:

My classes start back up on the 26th. I commute this year, so obviously I don't have to go till the 26th, while most people are getting there the 24th or 25th. I'm really enjoying this nice long break, so going back to school will definitely be back to reality :guilty:

My classes start the 26th as well! I looove this long break but all my friends have gone back to school last week so now I'm getting kind of bored and just eager to get back to school haha (though I'm sure I'll be longing for break again once I start getting homework and papers assigned..)

Hey everyone! Don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm new here so don't go too hard on me. ;)

I'm Emily. I'm a freshman and seriously considering applying to the CP for Spring 2012, which would be the second semester of my sophomore year. I figured this would be a great place to go to get information about the program from people who are experiencing it firsthand, but I'm still a little far off. :)

And I'm new as well!!

Except I'm on the other side of the spectrum, as I am old compared to most of you :laughing: . I'm looking to do the CP probably Fall 2013, as I will have graduated from COLLEGE by then and I'll be 22 going on 23!! My goodness time flies by...:scared1:

The reason I'm not doing it during my bachelor's program is because my university doesn't sponsor the program :sad1: and it's a requirement for students to finish in 4 years :confused3. So, that means I can't take time off to do the program!! That's ok though, I'd be uncomfortable with taking a quarter or two off.

What I'm scared of is being old compared to every else!!! :worried: But I guess some things just get better with age :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter