CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

Could someone direct me to a good place(s) to find out more about the complexes?

That is one part of the CP I do not know much about! Though I am assume that is it is similar to any college housing, with advantages, disadvantages and stereotypes.

Thanks!!

Hopefully they will be bigger than my current room. Our room literally fits a set of bunk beds, 2 desks, 2 dressers and a 1 1/2 foot path through it if our chairs are pushed under our desks! At least we have a decent amount of closet space!! Not sure they can make a 2 person room any smaller than ours!

Hi!

If you go to youtube and just type in disney college program housing tour, videos will pop up!

If I get accepted, Patterson or Chatam.

Vista Way looks older/more out of shape than the other two, at least from videos I've seen.

I feel the same way.

I'd definitely rather stay in Patterson or Chatham. Preferably Chatham. Not really sure why, I've just heard the best things about it, especially since Patterson is so new so not as many people have been there, I guess.

In both programs, I had continuously heard the complexes given theses nicknames by most of my fellow cps:

Vista Way: the ghetto (a lot of parties, drinking, drugs, very noisy and busy because of the buses, the oldest apartments and also the only apartments that does not have balconies, and the least expensive)
Chatham Square: the suburban ( a mixture of quiet peaceful days with a couple of parties happening every so often, the second oldest but still seems new and clean)
Patterson Court: the retirement home ( quiet and calm almost every day, the newest apartments, no bus stop-you have to take a 2-3 minute walk to Chatham to catch the bus, the most expensive)
The Commons (for ICPs): party city (only for ICPs, some of the apartments are two stories, each apartment have their own washer and dryer for laundry)

I always laugh when I hear theses nicknames. I stayed in both Chatham and Patterson and personally I prefer Patterson. Chatham was great, but I thought Patterson was nicer only because they were newer. I love peace and quiet most of the time, so that is why I picked Patterson. I'm not the party type, so I tended to stay away from Vista. Vista also doesn't have any apartments with balconies which I didn't like because sometimes I like to sit outside on the balcony and read or watch the beautiful lighting storms. If you are lucky, you might get the apartment in Patterson where you can actually watch the fireworks at Disney from your balcony. I was lucky enough to get that apartment. It was amazing! If I get accepted, I am going to chose Patterson again.

In both programs, I had continuously heard the complexes given theses nicknames by most of my fellow cps:

Vista Way: the ghetto (a lot of parties, drinking, drugs, very noisy and busy because of the buses, the oldest apartments and also the only apartments that does not have balconies, and the least expensive)
Chatham Square: the suburban ( a mixture of quiet peaceful days with a couple of parties happening every so often, the second oldest but still seems new and clean)
Patterson Court: the retirement home ( quiet and calm almost every day, the newest apartments, no bus stop-you have to take a 2-3 minute walk to Chatham to catch the bus, the most expensive)
The Commons (for ICPs): party city (only for ICPs, some of the apartments are two stories, each apartment have their own washer and dryer for laundry)

I always laugh when I hear theses nicknames. I stayed in both Chatham and Patterson and personally I prefer Patterson. Chatham was great, but I thought Patterson was nicer only because they were newer. I love peace and quiet most of the time, so that is why I picked Patterson. I'm not the party type, so I tended to stay away from Vista. Vista also doesn't have any apartments with balconies which I didn't like because sometimes I like to sit outside on the balcony and read or watch the beautiful lighting storms. If you are lucky, you might get the apartment in Patterson where you can actually watch the fireworks at Disney from your balcony. I was lucky enough to get that apartment. It was amazing! If I get accepted, I am going to chose Patterson again.

thanks for the insider info! i have a while to choose, but i know that when the time comes i'll try to pick the one that's best for me, and not base it on the popular opinion! :)

I need to look into the different apartments soon. I can enjoy going to any sort of party every once in a while, but if Vista has drugs going on, then I'm pretty sure I want to stay away. Patterson sounds nice. Do you get to choose, or do they place you? Depending on availability of course? :P

I need to look into the different apartments soon. I can enjoy going to any sort of party every once in a while, but if Vista has drugs going on, then I'm pretty sure I want to stay away. Patterson sounds nice. Do you get to choose, or do they place you? Depending on availability of course? :P

People with more experience should correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that on your arrival date you request where you want to live, and it's first come first serve for whether or not there will still be availability. So basically, the earlier you get there the more likely you are to get your first choice of where to live.

People with more experience should correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that on your arrival date you request where you want to live, and it's first come first serve for whether or not there will still be availability. So basically, the earlier you get there the more likely you are to get your first choice of where to live.

That's what I've heard as well.

Just to clarify this the first come first serve is on a check in daily basis. So no matter if you have the first check in or last there will always be some openings in all 3 apartment complexes. It's not like if everyone gets the first few check in days they all get Chat and Patt and everyone else is SOL and gets stuck in Vista. Only way you get stuck in Vista is by careerstart. The earlier you get there on your check in day the better chance you have at getting your choice and all the apartments will have openings left up until the very last day. So don't freak out if you have to wait until the very last check in day to check in. :thumbsup2

Just to clarify this the first come first serve is on a check in daily basis. So no matter if you have the first check in or last there will always be some openings in all 3 apartment complexes. It's not like if everyone gets the first few check in days they all get Chat and Patt and everyone else is SOL and gets stuck in Vista. Only way you get stuck in Vista is by careerstart. The earlier you get there on your check in day the better chance you have at getting your choice and all the apartments will have openings left up until the very last day. So don't freak out if you have to wait until the very last check in day to check in. :thumbsup2

Yes! Thanks for clearing that up :)

Hey everyone! I posted on here a couple of times a few months ago, but since I'm graduating high school this semester I thought it would be a good time to come back and see what's going on. I'm Kayla and I'm 18!

I'm thinking about doing the CP for the fall of 2012, that way I can finish my first year at college.
My top three choices:
1. Photopass Photographer (I plan on majoring in photography in college and I'm currently working on a day in the life project on my own. I love taking photos and would love interacting with vacationers. This would be the best job for me, and I think I would be very good at it!)
2. Attractions
3. Merchandise

I've read through a few of these posts and I have looked for blogs, but does anybody have anymore information about the photopass position or know of a blog that I could have a look at?

So...this thread is sort of dying.

Someone needs to post a new question for everyone to answer. I'm not sure if this one has been done before, but I hope not.

What made you interested in applying for the CP? Do you hope to eventually have a job with the Company? Do you want to do it simply as a resume builder/work experience?

Someone needs to post a new question for everyone to answer. I'm not sure if this one has been done before, but I hope not.

What made you interested in applying for the CP? Do you hope to eventually have a job with the Company? Do you want to do it simply as a resume builder/work experience?
I first heard of the Disney CP in high school. Ever since then, I have been SO EXCITED to do it!!! Especially now that I'm in college, and joining a Disney club and getting to know people that want to do the program as well, has just gotten me even more excited!

I hope to eventually have a job with the Disney Company. I'm not sure where specifically, but I hope to network with a lot of company leaders while I'm on the CP and get a PI after graduation, and take it from there!!!

haha yes that's been happening to this thread all throughout its existence..it goes through flourishes of being super active, and then kind of dull.
i'd love to keep it going all the time!

I first heard about the CP when I was in 8th grade, and now I'm in 11th grade. It's a long road, but I'm in it for the long haul. I don't mind the wait and I'm learning to appreciate everything along the way, with my disney passion growing in new ways all the time!

I plan to do 2 CPs--one during my sophomore year and one right after i graduate. After my 2nd one I want to do a PI, where I will network and begin to advance in my professional career with the Walt Disney Company. It's hard for me to see myself working anywhere else! :goodvibes

The fact that you could work for Disney at the greatest place ever (WDW) and actually get credit for it. I want to one day have a higher up position in the company/WDW. I'm actually starting to think about working there full time during college, instead of the CP. I would love to go to UCF and work full time at Disney, then hopefully it would be easier to move up/network because I'd be doing my park level job for a few years. I plan on getting a degree in either Business or Communications, which are both very helpful for careers at WDW.

I've been interested in doing the CP since 9th grade. I'm a freshman in college now. The idea of working and gaining real experience in my favorite place in the world sounded like a good deal to me! I do want to eventually have a job with the company. I'm really into theatre and directing, so my ultimate dream would be to be a casting director or director for the shows and parades down in Orlando. That would fulfill all my dreams. But if that doesn't work out, I'd still love to somehow work with the Walt Disney Company for as long as possible.

The fact that I could pursue my dream job (working in entertainment) while not having to worry about logistics like finding a place to live, etc. AND possibly getting college credit for it. Yes! I can see myself staying with wdw for awhile, then hopefully transfering to glendale and pursue a career as a publicist with the company. :goodvibes

Like most of the people on this thread, I heard about the CP in high school. It was beginning of my senior year when I decided I was going to do it, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney and it just seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Eventually, no, I don't think I'll work for Disney, unless WDW opens an elementary school in the parks and needs teachers... hahaha. I want to do it mostly for the experience and people I'll get to meet, plus it will look great on my resume. :goodvibes

Also! The CP recruiters are coming to my campus on WEDNESDAY! I kind of really want to go to the presentation, but I don't want to go alone, and I made my roommates go to the last one, which was in November. Plus, I'm not applying for another semester at least, so I don't want to get myself all excited about the CP and not be able to go. I don't know yet, I may go just for something to do.

Andddd I finally saw Tangled! It very well may be in my top 10 Disney movies ever. It was so cute. Now I'm just waiting for Pirates 4 and the Winnie the Pooh movie.

Like most of the people on this thread, I heard about the CP in high school. It was beginning of my senior year when I decided I was going to do it, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney and it just seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Eventually, no, I don't think I'll work for Disney, unless WDW opens an elementary school in the parks and needs teachers... hahaha. I want to do it mostly for the experience and people I'll get to meet, plus it will look great on my resume. :goodvibes

Also! The CP recruiters are coming to my campus on WEDNESDAY! I kind of really want to go to the presentation, but I don't want to go alone, and I made my roommates go to the last one, which was in November. Plus, I'm not applying for another semester at least, so I don't want to get myself all excited about the CP and not be able to go. I don't know yet, I may go just for something to do.

Andddd I finally saw Tangled! It very well may be in my top 10 Disney movies ever. It was so cute. Now I'm just waiting for Pirates 4 and the Winnie the Pooh movie.

And of course being a teacher leaves the whole summer for trips to WDW ;)

Aww I'd love to go see a campus presentation, but for some reason this year they're not coming to the community college near me! I'll definitely go if they come next recruiting season.

And of course being a teacher leaves the whole summer for trips to WDW ;)

Aww I'd love to go see a campus presentation, but for some reason this year they're not coming to the community college near me! I'll definitely go if they come next recruiting season.

As of tomorrow it will be exactly one year until my next trip to WDW! Can't wait!

Of course! I'm hoping to spend many summers in WDW once I'm a teacher.

Well, the presentation starts in twelve minutes, and I'm sitting in my dorm, so I don't think I'm going. There's another one tomorrow morning, and if I can get my roommate to go with me, I'll definitely go.

And you're so lucky you get to go to WDW! I'm super jealous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter