• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CP program blogs

I have some new posts about BBB costumes, tipping, and locations. Checkkk them out!

Your blogs are great. Reading them is the only thing that quickly passes the time from now to check in!

Hey there. I was a CP at BBB in DTD and I've worked in MK several times as well. I'm still working there even after CP and I love it. I read your blog and I see some things that aren't true about the two locations. I'm not sure who told you some of it, and I know the DCP page info isn't accurate.

-It is a tipped role. They say it isn't because it's been taken away several times. It must have been posted when it wasn't tipped. You don't get to keep your own tips at either location. They consider it more fair to divide by hours worked because not everyone does the same amount of princesses every day. At DTD, the GUESTS drop money into our wishing well. You're not allowed to touch it. Even if the guests want to tip only you, the tip is still divided. They can put it in an envelope with your name on it if they want it to go to you, but it actually ends up being taken out and divided anyway. It's all counted and divided by the treasure committee and you can pick up your weekly "treasure" on designated days, which you'll find posted backstage. At MK, the guests hand you money and think it all goes to you. You show your appreciation and walk backstage to drop it in the box by the sink. There is a committee there as well, but anyone can help them count on a Saturday night as far as I've heard. You can also pick up your "rose petals" there if someone who has a key is off the clock.

-As far as the workload, the two BBBs can be quite different. MK is booked pretty much every day. But there are a lot more FGiTs there to do hair than at DTD. It's not really stressful because there is almost always someone to come do your princess's nails and make-up and maybe even just hang out and talk or read a book to her. This helps you focus on the hair and get your job done. Don't get me wrong, you want to interact with her too, but it's easier with someone else there sometimes because they don't always hear what you say when you're standing behind them. At DTD, you only have someone do your make-up if it's not busy and they're just standing around with nothing to do but pixie dust. It seems backwards, I know. DTD can get very busy, but we're not used to it being booked all the time. When it is, you'll do a lot more princesses than you would at MK.

-One big pro of DTD is that you can go outside and pixie dust guests during the downtime. It's fun because sometimes you'll get people who know nothing about BBB and they end up coming in for you to do their hair. It's also fun there because we have a princess parade everyday in the afternoon. You can walk with the little princesses to music and do the princess wave all the way to the DTD carousel and ride it with them. But I must say, it's pretty amazing to be in the MK castle. Cinderella has popped over from the Royal Table during one of my shifts, and she danced with my princess. What's awesome though is when you come back from your break and you walk into the lit up castle, ahhh...

I'm gonna start a thread for any new FGiTs that have questions. I had so many before I started and I didn't have a lot of answers. I know it's too exciting to just sit and wait, you gotta find out more! :wizard:

Hey there. I was a CP at BBB in DTD and I've worked in MK several times as well. I'm still working there even after CP and I love it. I read your blog and I see some things that aren't true about the two locations. I'm not sure who told you some of it, and I know the DCP page info isn't accurate.

-It is a tipped role. They say it isn't because it's been taken away several times. It must have been posted when it wasn't tipped. You don't get to keep your own tips at either location. They consider it more fair to divide by hours worked because not everyone does the same amount of princesses every day. At DTD, the GUESTS drop money into our wishing well. You're not allowed to touch it. Even if the guests want to tip only you, the tip is still divided. They can put it in an envelope with your name on it if they want it to go to you, but it actually ends up being taken out and divided anyway. It's all counted and divided by the treasure committee and you can pick up your weekly "treasure" on designated days, which you'll find posted backstage. At MK, the guests hand you money and think it all goes to you. You show your appreciation and walk backstage to drop it in the box by the sink. There is a committee there as well, but anyone can help them count on a Saturday night as far as I've heard. You can also pick up your "rose petals" there if someone who has a key is off the clock.

-As far as the workload, the two BBBs can be quite different. MK is booked pretty much every day. But there are a lot more FGiTs there to do hair than at DTD. It's not really stressful because there is almost always someone to come do your princess's nails and make-up and maybe even just hang out and talk or read a book to her. This helps you focus on the hair and get your job done. Don't get me wrong, you want to interact with her too, but it's easier with someone else there sometimes because they don't always hear what you say when you're standing behind them. At DTD, you only have someone do your make-up if it's not busy and they're just standing around with nothing to do but pixie dust. It seems backwards, I know. DTD can get very busy, but we're not used to it being booked all the time. When it is, you'll do a lot more princesses than you would at MK.

-One big pro of DTD is that you can go outside and pixie dust guests during the downtime. It's fun because sometimes you'll get people who know nothing about BBB and they end up coming in for you to do their hair. It's also fun there because we have a princess parade everyday in the afternoon. You can walk with the little princesses to music and do the princess wave all the way to the DTD carousel and ride it with them. But I must say, it's pretty amazing to be in the MK castle. Cinderella has popped over from the Royal Table during one of my shifts, and she danced with my princess. What's awesome though is when you come back from your break and you walk into the lit up castle, ahhh...

I'm gonna start a thread for any new FGiTs that have questions. I had so many before I started and I didn't have a lot of answers. I know it's too exciting to just sit and wait, you gotta find out more! :wizard:

Wooo information!! Thanks so much for clearing a lot of stuff up!
Please start the thread. I'll be allll over it :rotfl:

I just updated my blog with an entry about the results of my entertainment audition. Link is in my sig. :)

Bump Bump! :rolleyes:

I still haven't done the CP, but I am planning to sign up for Spring 2012 yay!

http://thoughtsandpixiedust.tumblr.com/

I would love to follow fellow DCP bloggers. Most of my posts are random disney and non-disney things. Don't be afraid to follow, I want to get to know more about the DCP :lovestruc

I haven't posted in here in a while but I have updated my blog. I am being very good about updating... hopefully that can continue into my cp. :) Go check it out! Links in the Sig.

Bump Bump! :rolleyes:

I still haven't done the CP, but I am planning to sign up for spring 2012 yay!

I would love to follow fellow DCP bloggers. Most of my posts are random disney and non-disney things. Don't be afraid to follow, I want to get to know more about the DCP :lovestruc

Hey!! I'm a fellow spring 2012 hopeful!
:)
I'm obsessed with DCP blogs lol
I really like urs!!
I def can wait to follow u as we get closer to applications!
It still seems forever away! Lol

(sorry I could leave the link to Ur blond on there; I'm new and my post count isn't high enough tonpost links..)

I already have a blog using Tumblr, but I just made one using Blogspot! It's down in my signature. I already started following much of you guys. Don't be afraid to follow me :)

I have come to the conclusion that I probably post in here far to much. But oh well. More self promotion. I made a new post about my road trip to disney (and some other random things). :) Check it out! Link in sig.

This is the start of my Fall Advantage CP blog. Most of it is just for me, so there's a little bit of rambling. I'm hoping that it'll be useful to someone else sometime in the future. I'm going to try and update it as much as possible.

http://indianabrit.blogspot.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter