CP Question

DisHornFan

Mouseketeer
Ok well I know its a little early to worry about this, since I won't be able to apply for the CP until Fall of '06, but I have a question. I live in Austin and its kind of hard to get an apartment lease for 6 months, as a matter of fact, I'm not even sure if they exist. I do not want to leave a roommate paying $800 a month by herself. Also, if you cancel your contract in the middle of the year to live on campus, they charge you ALOT (not sure of the exact amount somewhere around $500). I was wondering how everyone worked this out while you were in college? I'm kind of confused :confused3

I was actually living in a sorority house, so it wasn't really an issue for me. August-May or August-August leases are really common up here in Norman, so a lot of people for whom the apartment thing is an issue go down in the fall (interview in the spring), and apply for on-campus housing for the semester when they return.

Does UT not have university-owned student apartments? Because if you can get your CP qualified as an internship/co-op, they're generally a lot more lax with their requirements; at least, they are on this side of the Red River.

I haven't heard of anything like that, I could investigate but I'm not sure. I think I could apply for housing in January, but I really really really really don't want to be gone in the fall because I would hate to miss football season (I'm sure you understand SoonerKate;)).

Oh, I totally understand not wanting to miss football season. I mean, one of these years, Texas might actually beat Oklahoma.... ;)

I didn't really want to miss the season either, but I wound up working at the ESPN Club where I got to watch EVERY game, even ones people at home couldn't watch! (Because you can't miss that crucial Baylor game. Unless you're A&M, I guess.)

Since you've got quite a bit of time before you'll apply, I'd get in touch with alumni and campus reps at your school and find out what they've done, then do your research and figure out what'll work best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter