CR or Dolphin

luvdmouse

Mouseketeer
I'm travelling next March with my DH and three young kids. I'm also bringing my two brothers and mom. One brother is blind, the other is down's syndrome with heart and lung issues. He will need his wheelchair and oxygen wherever we go (although he is able to walk very short distances). My mom has early onset parkinsons. Any suggestions on hotel choices. If we are able to get a teacher discount at the Dolphin, I know this would be a wonderful choice. If not, does anyone have suggestions regarding CR wing rooms? Is one wing better for us than the other. Do the wings connect inside to the main building and if they do, on which floor? Can the MK fireworks be seen from any specific part of the wing area? If DB has to stay in during the evening it would be so nice to see wishes from his room. I know that this is definitely possible at D/S. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Right now the South Wing of the Contemporary is closed for full rehab. I'm not sure when it is scheduled to reopen. The wings do not connect through corridors to the Tower, but there are covered walkways.

Because of the "Y" layout of the corridors, the majority of the rooms face away from MK. There would be no view at all from the SOuth Wing, and only about 1/3 of the rooms on the North Wing could see the fireworks, and then only the highest ones.

I would look at which park you plan to spend the most time at. If it's MK, then go for one of the MK resorts. With the monorail, you can easily get to MK, the other monorail resorts and (with a connecting monorail at the TTC) to Epcot.
We have not stayed at the Dolphin, but have stayed at BC and BW. The Dolphin is located closer to MGM, but it is a bit of a walk to go there. There is a nice walkway that goes all the way from Epcot to MGM (past all the Epcot are resorts). If you have wheelchairs for all the people with mobility difficulties, it isn't a bad walk, but does have some big up and down hills (the bridges that go over the waterway). You can take the boat to either MGM or Epcot, which is nice. But, if you are planning on going to MK, you will be taking a bus that is shared between the Epcot resorts (at least it was the last time I checked).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter