Crafting - Wizard 101

Goofy05

GreenieMimi
Hiya, DISers! Just wanted to know if anyone else is crafting on Wizard and would care to show off their stuff! I've not been doing the crafting badges very long, still in need of my last two diamonds to complete the Rings of Apotheos(sp) quest, but I did snag a peak at the furniture recipes and would love to craft that awesome carousel! I'm not so sure my patience level is up to, though.
So...has anyone completed the crafting badge quests, and if so, have you crafted anything noteworthy that you'd like to share? (Come on Fly, Sea and Belle, you KNOW you want that carousel...) :woohoo:

My myth wizard made it up to master artisan. I haven't bought or done anything with housing yet, so no furniture crafted here. But I did make a pair of shoes for one of my other wizards, also I got to try out the big scary crafting table in DS while making the shoes. :rotfl:

I've only made it past the Marleybone crafting badge. I'm such an under-achiever! :laughing:

I haven't seen the carousel, let alone know which vendor sells the recipe. :lmao:

Hi!

I have done all my Dragonspyre rings and only the first tunic. I have taken a break from searching for black pearls. But I plan to go back at it soon.

I have seen the carousel. Looks awesome!! Except for the requested items, I have not crafted anything yet.

Besides a few Life cards, I've only made the Storm Stone Pedestal and the Directional Arrows. After hearing how expensive and time-consuming the higher crafting is, I had pretty much decided to stick with quests and recipes that use readily-found items.

I wasn't going to go past the Apprentice level, but once I got to Marleybone and saw I could get the mannequin recipe, that changed everything. But I waited to start the Initiate quest until I could test the availability of black pearls for the mannequin, since there's only one area of Jade Palace in Mooshu that I can access. (Bought myself a shopping pass, lol.)

Anyway, I just got my Initiate badge yesterday, and I have only five more black pearls to go for the mannequin. :)

I'm in Mooshu now myself doing the crafting. I've done the first one, now working on the second task. Did most of you find your ectoplasm or did you buy it? Funnily enough, I have several on my other character, but need them on my main one. Figures...lol
I do know at this point, I don't have any plans for taking my other two characters through the crafting stuff. Talk about a time suck! rofl!
Kim

I stopped when I got to the recipe that needed diamonds. Will wait till diamonds, black pearls, and blood moss are for sale in the bazaar before I continue.

Cindy persevered for 4 weeks of very long days gathering rare reagants and finally got her Master Artison title/badge last night. Now just to see if there is anything she wants to craft and what rares will be needed for them.

Well, I'm still working on the Cloaks of (something) Grief, but I did purchase a few recipes for furniture. I made the Canopy Bed, so far. I found that purchasing reagents worked pretty well for a number of ingredients, so that saved time.

Bob - Try searching Dragonspyre Academy, both levels, for diamonds. I had good luck there and completed all 75 diamonds in a few days. I have found Black Pearls at the Tree of Life instance, but that took longer. (I figured it was okay to post those tips here, as there are less players looking for them on the Dis. :thumbsup2)

For the Ectoplasm, I've gotten a few in battles going through the Grubb instance in Nightshade, but I'm pretty sure you can buy them from the bazaar in Olde Town.

Now I'll take a little break from the constant realm switches and get some Grizzleheim done. :rolleyes1

I will check tomorrow and see what I have on my second character. I will post back here what I have and if you want it you can meet me in the bazaar. Then you can buy them as I sell them off. :) Might as well make her useful to you guys if I'm not going to let her craft. lol (She is Kimberly Frostweaver, btw)

Kim

I'm still on the Krok crafting quest. Can I buy three Rings of Insight to complete the quest? Or can you only buy the reagents to help make the item?

I'm still on the Krok crafting quest. Can I buy three Rings of Insight to complete the quest? Or can you only buy the reagents to help make the item?

If someone has made some and sold them to the bazaar, I think you can buy those. However, it only depends if someone HAS sold theirs to the bazaar. lol

I think a lot of people found out that for the last quest (I seem to remember reading) that all the previous stuff they made was needed for it.;)

Kim

I've been a crafting fiend lately. I finally finished the first part of the Dragonspyre crafting quest for the rings. I hate farming for diamonds, so I ended up buying a few at the Bazaar!

I also managed to make my first robe of the second quest, but it will be slow going until I make more Nature's Wrath treasure cards. :rolleyes:

I don't know how people became Master Artisan. It's rough!

Well, after lots of reagent farming, I finally got the last black pearl I needed to finish the final Crimson Book Stand for the Master Artisan badge.

What a pain! But I'm glad I finished.

Well, after lots of reagent farming, I finally got the last black pearl I needed to finish the final Crimson Book Stand for the Master Artisan badge.

What a pain! But I'm glad I finished.

Wow Congrats!

I am still at the tunics. I have made three so far...

I have a bunch of wizards but everyone is STILL stuck on the scorpion ring - I just go nuts trying to get enough scrap metal, so keep on trucking, guys - you are WAY ahead of me and I congratulate you all!

I am off to do some realm farming in Marleybone.

What is the best place to find Blood Moss?

So far, I found some in Firecat Alley and in Sunken City. But the Bazaar has been the best place for me so far.

Any other places??

What is the best place to find Blood Moss?

So far, I found some in Firecat Alley and in Sunken City. But the Bazaar has been the best place for me so far.

Any other places??

I bought all of my Blood Moss from the Bazaar. I just pretend I'm waiting for a Host room to open and keep clicking refresh. :laughing:

I bought all of my Blood Moss from the Bazaar. I just pretend I'm waiting for a Host room to open and keep clicking refresh. :laughing:

lol and just like I used to do, I click one time too many and get in the waiting list or in this case lose the item... :rolleyes1

Thanks,

lol and just like I used to do, I click one time too many and get in the waiting list or in this case lose the item... :rolleyes1

Thanks,

The trick for me is to keep an eye on the Bone item. The Blood Moss (and Black Pearls) would pop up just above the Bone. Or the Bone would drop down a space on the list. I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

The trick for me is to keep an eye on the Bone item. The Blood Moss (and Black Pearls) would pop up just above the Bone. Or the Bone would drop down a space on the list. I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

Yep, i got that part. My problem is staying focused lol. You got to be quick, they are sold before they actually touch the "virtual" shelf... I figure that I successfully buy half the pearls I see. Blood moss is a little easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter