CRAIG! Film Spaceship earth please!

AGREED! We just rode it four times tonight, and might ride it again tomorrow, but don’t have the right equipment or knowledge with which to document it correctly. SO bummed they are going to change it. We love this classic ride.

It's just maelstrom all over again lol. Not that frozen isn't good, but it isn't maelstrom..... *reminisces*

I don't think Spaceship Earth is going to become a Frozen ride...
If Spaceship EARTH becomes FROZEN, wouldn't that be against the concept of global warming? :duck:
Just making a joke, ya''ll, please don't hate. :o

And yeah - while I reminisce about Maelstrom, I'm STILL thinking "anything but them daggone snow sisters!" Rally???!!!!! There was absolutely NOTHING ELSE you could come up with but a movie which doesn't even take place in Norway!. (Yeah, I'm still stuck on that!) :P

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are getting overwhelmed by this temporary closure.

Spaceship Earth has been closed, refurbed, etc. quite a few times over the years. Here's some good reading in case you'd like to see refurbs and changes of years past:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceship_Earth_(Epcot)#Ride_Updates
It's been refurbished but this time will be a complete overhaul from what I understand. The timeline of closure could be not reopening until 2022.

So, this weekend, we discovered the most fantastic coverage of Spaceship Earth (as well as every former version of that ride) by MartinsVidsDotNet on YouTube. Every aspect of every part of the ride and area is thoroughly covered. The videos are painstakingly detailed and very long. You can really get sucked into a serious rabbit hole on that channel, which appears to exist solely for the sake of documenting everything that Disney World used to be, and every change that was made. I feel sad that I missed the initial versions of the park, having watched some of the videos, but the one thing that did improve over the years of change, IMO, is the Spaceship Earth Ride-through. The Judy Dench version is a clear favorite for us, and MartinsVids and his collaborators captured it better than anyone could have. I was seriously impressed and relieved that I can always revisit the ride the way I loved it.

Saw the Dis this week, too.....I’m also looking forward to Craig’s video. We are lucky to be able to capture these things with better quality cameras and equipment, now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter