Crazy Christmas Question ??

mandymouse

Bahama Mama Time !!
xmascheers.gif
Does anyone know if you can buy Christmas crackers in the U.S. ?? I'm not sure if this is a UK tradition, so if not, are we allowed to take any in our suitcases ?? I've got my Christmas tree sorted (as I follow mushumadness at the Pop Century) and was thinking about decorations.

Thanks
santa2.gif

I am sure the answer is no to both your questions Mandy, the last time we were there for Chirstmas there were no christmas crackers to be seen. I am pretty sure someone asked a airline if they could take them and they were told no. I might be wrong though, things might have changed since 2003 ;)

What about emailing the British Shop in Old Town to see if it's the sort of thing they get in for the season ?

D

Mr-D said:
What about emailing the British Shop in Old Town to see if it's the sort of thing they get in for the season ?

D

Now thats a good idea - thanks

I was there last Christmas and wanted an advent calendar and crackers, couldn't get either, think it must be an English thing, even places like Walmart didn't have anything

You definatley can't take them with you in your suitcase, sorry.

Lisa

certainly not allowed on the plane at all as they contain a form of explosive - DH has confiscated a few boxes of them at the airport!!!

If you google 'christmas cracker kits' you'll get a load of sites selling everything you need to make your own. Easier to fit in your case, you can leave the explosives out, and you get the added bonus of personalising the presents.

I know for a fact that Target carried them last year... they were imported from england too and if I remember correctly they were $10 for 12

Ash

:wave: Hi Mandy,
We were in WDW a couple of christmases ago and we found a lovely Advent calendar at EPCOT, i think it was in Germany, i also bought some tree decorations, a Xmas Dalmation and a yellow Lab in a stocking all from the same shop.

Good Luck.
Audrey ::MinnieMo

Thanks for that Audrey, I must admit DH & I love Germany in Epcot, I think it has something to do with the Liebfraumilch :rotfl: :drinking1 (so I'll look for Crimbo stuff in there too) :)

Ummm, you can take Christmas Crackers with you - however it's regulated by the airlines themselves so possible some may be funny about it - but it's not a governing security issue as I know for sure British Airways allow them, preferably in checked luggage but will allow hand luggage if necessary (max 2 boxes though as I recall). No need to remove the 'explosive'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter