Crazy Concerned over Non-DCL Shore Excursions ...

We booked our own charter in Grand Cayman -- they had stellar reviews. I am a huge worrier and conjure up every imaginable scenario in my mind, it borders on ridiculous, truly! Anyway, we had loads of time to spare. These reputable companies know what they are doing.

I think you are going to have a great time!

I also second (third, fourth, etc) everyone's opinions on your concerns. We have been on 13 DCL cruises, and probably have gone on non-DCL excursions 90% of the time. I always have a slight worry in the back of my mind that it could be a problem, but if you do research and be sure to use a reputable company (only pick one that has many favorable reviews), then it should be perfectly fine. Like many others said, these companies want your experience to be great, and they want a favorable review (and repeat business from you), so they will make sure that you get back in time. Most times, if they schedule the shuttle/transport, it is even earlier than you would have picked if you were taking a taxi on your own. Just check and double check the times of the ship being in port, make sure you communicate with the excursion, and be super clear of what their return time will be. There will be many other cruisers on your excursion also, so you wont be the only ones who need to get back!

We booked our own charter in Grand Cayman -- they had stellar reviews. I am a huge worrier and conjure up every imaginable scenario in my mind, it borders on ridiculous, truly! Anyway, we had loads of time to spare. These reputable companies know what they are doing.

I think you are going to have a great time!

Carrie in AZ - Curious what charter you booked. Based on everyone's insight here, we booked a catamaran charter through "Sail with Friends" in Grand Cayman. They got great reviews and my family is thrilled to be doing this.

Carrie in AZ - Curious what charter you booked. Based on everyone's insight here, we booked a catamaran charter through "Sail with Friends" in Grand Cayman. They got great reviews and my family is thrilled to be doing this.

Seven Seas Charters. I would absolutely book through them again. It is not a catamaran vessel. Have so much fun!!

There are some excursion companies that will not only guarantee that you get back to the ship in time, but will transport you to the next port in case of unforeseen circumstances.

Do these excursion companies charge more for the guarantee than those than don't? While no excursion company would willingly risk getting their customers back in time for boarding, it's the unforeseen circumstances that would get people in trouble. I know the same may happen on DCL-sponsored excursions, but you know you will be protected when it's booked through DCL. I think part of the price difference between DCL and non-DCL excursions can be considered insurance and whether it's worth the cost is up to the individuals.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter