CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

So sorry about your dad! I am sure it was hard to lose him so close to the holidays! But I'm happy you were able to get a new Disney trip scheduled and it seems like it will be an awesome time to go! And for your Birthday! Sounds like a dream!

So sorry about your Dad. It's never easy of course. I hope you had/have a great holiday season with friends and family remembering him.

Exciting trip updates!

I'm so happy to see you back on the Dis. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot these past several days. Your dad sounds absolutely amazing - what a lucky girl you are to have had him as your dad :goodvibes You'll always have your memories of him that will stay with you forever and keep him close to your heart always :lovestruc Know that I'm thinking of you, and your family, and especially your mom.

efVD3F4hb69QdOcQzRBlKneKRjzFzCWInMYWu6Ep54xzlRGdc5Nqk9mI7pwvirA_Dh967o9-sYYkXYSXJmkGRuiSoLSm3MrkeK4itN7rsIprR7Y0Kqthkh_2ZUeBS0WDSj9v2wXyIP6PttRUqkPecO3k-s1vFQqS6hoTC1bA4aVZSqGqvFXidVrFuhxPh0o1KEhqBGOFdlhVBbgpk016T6BEGUHZfdX1K02SExXaFefdKXej2LnBNBIf59BB6Q2V9RmeXwo2g1XmHmTUHVOVpc7UdDKOVXYsUwPbxyKfnrG2EBEg7Kij6pUeCOClUHUOSbUI4CcgZmCjN7B6iw4VC06mtwQhE981gPix-zr6kPkrjjj9dOA0JqkXeVO2iw7hY4wNkXSpd39Or8WX1-zk8bLMqKggHMLI0aHjIXOZc1eWcB1suH6xa-lwXK_HqJfzmsu0lMsHfl6IxAOQ-coXYMm26VNY0CtSZe76G-PYh1c5gjb9bfvmkWA1zQWLp9WaNiz5-4vtfSaDeIu9rCWRPf5z6aL6OrfJScmM6tdVevS3iFTvy7B3Vt1FDtXt51Wb-RFv44oqHjZ1Ucfwyh7reSjb5IQcHtZFiW-UE6_kCsiqG3oL-6zzkNyLeBc0zBwx1CT-EN4TRM5GlC9H3wN8xZFxeSnsADTQQMvnC07xFb6d6VVtQEr3iY1SPexyc68jhgNUrM0awA8TgqbJLo0=w705-h470-no
What a beautiful picture of you two :goodvibes

But I was able to find a DVC room for 3 nights after...also at Kidani Village but a 1-bedroom! #splurge
YAY! I'm so excited to hear about your February trip. You really deserve some fun times to look forward to - and definitely deserve the splurge, too :thumbsup2

I now understand what it is like to lose a loved one and my hearts go out to all of you who have lost a parent or someone dear or who are currently having to go through this. The holidays have been hard but thank goodness for family. :grouphug:
I am thinking of you and your family, Su-Lyn. It is such a horrible thing to go through. My beloved aunt (who was like a second mom to me) passed away on December 8th. She was only sick for about 7 weeks and I was very fortunate to be with her at the end. I love the picture of you and your Dad on your wedding day...you can feel the love between you. Hold on tight to the love you shared, it will help you as you get used to this new reality. Hugs to you. :hug:

Feb 23 - 26: 3 nights at POR
Feb 26 - 28: 2 nights in a deluxe studio at Kidani Village
Feb 28 - March 3: 3 nights in a 1-BR at Kidani Village

I have a few ADRs booked including: Ohana, Artist Point, Jiko, Yachtsman, and Rose and Crown. My birthday dinner is at Jiko. :)
I've also made my FP already! It's mostly Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage, LOL.
I am thinking of doing one of the After Hour events at Toy Story Land too. We just love it so much!
Your trip sounds amazing! Like you, I had to cancel my planned trip for early December when my aunt was ill. We have our anniversary trip coming up in July so will be busy planning it. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

Last edited:

So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. When you see a loved one suffer, I understand feeling relieved when they do pass. Happy for you that you have a fun trip to look forward to.

I've been playing catch up around here. So glad your mother has family close by for support and that you are adjusting to a new normal. I can't offer any words of advice as I haven't lost anyone that close to me.

Nice that you salvaged a trip for your birthday! Have you stayed in a 1 bedroom before? The tub sells it for me! Are you still going in March? It's almost time to make FP+ for that trip!

Hey Su-Lynn. So so sorry to hear about your dad; I'm following on FB and am so sad for you and your whole family.

Thank you Liesa.

But that makes me sad. :(

I know, I was sad to cancel January too. Technically we can still go. I still have my ADRs and FP which I didn't cancel yet. Maybe a DVC room will open up, who knows!

If I hadn't of gotten that Meunster Burger at Cosmic Rays, I did have my eye on those. THey looked pretty darn good!

How was the Meunster burger? That was another option for us but we just weren't in Tomorrowland at that moment.

Weren't they awesome?! I loved that addition!

So much fun! I think they are trying to step up their game in doing overlays like Disneyland...although it is not quite at the same level. I still can't stand Ghost Galaxy though.

Thinking about your loss. So sorry. Would like to welcome you back to the boards with this big hug. Hope you can find some happiness in this sad time.
FaintSpryBrownbutterfly-small.gif

Aww thank you Glenda, that is so sweet :)

I just read on Instagram about the passing of your dad. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending a big hug your way :hug:

Thank you so much. :hug:

Only just heard.
My condolences to you and your family Su-Lynn.

:hug:

Thank you pkondz :hug:

I am so sorry about your dad. This must be such a hard time for your family.

Thanks Kathy. It was hard but we are doing well. It's a good thing there are a so many of us to lean on!

I am catching up and I know a lot has happened. I say eat away girl. I'm with you on the stress/emotional eating. But in times like this whatever will bring you some comfort I say go for it.

Thanks Kathy! I think I got the "eat my feelings" thing down pat :)

So sorry to hear about your father. I hope you and your family find consolation in the fact that you got to spend time with him before he passed, he knew that you loved him, and that he is not suffering anymore.

Thank you :hug:. I am glad he is not suffering even though we miss him tremendously.

Thinking of you and your family, Su-Lynn. So very sorry for your loss.

Thank you so much :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, my sympathies to you and your family.

I'm so sorry. Please be kind to yourself during this difficult time.

Thank you. :hug: I am doing my best :)

I'm pretty sure I mentioned it on FB, but I just caught up here. So sorry about your father, but as I read about his bad days in your post here, at least he is at peace and out of pain.

Thanks Alison and Fran. :hug:
We're relieved he is a peace now.

I'm very sorry about your father. We had a similar experience with my father just three years ago and no matter how long they're sick, you're never entirely prepared. Best wishes.

Thank you. I'm so sorry for your loss too. You're right, you're never really prepared even though all we were doing was...preparing.

I am late in saying...I am so sorry about your dad. Hospice is wonderful though (I am a nurse in my non Disney life). And your twin sisters look just like your dad.

Thank you so much. And you're right...hospice is wonderful. The people we met were some of the best. I really really admire them for what they do (and all nurses, we've had so many wonderful nurses!) So thank you!
Haha yes the youngest twin, Su-Ming she has dimples EXACTLY like my dad. Mine are slightly lower around my mouth area, but hers are in the exact spot my dad had them. :)

Your around the world trip looks fabulous...the plane, jealous! My dh flew like that from somewhere to somewhere, lol! I know he started in Hartford but that airport did not have that plane, maybe Minneapolis to Alaska or California he rode in comfort. I think it was Alaska as it was a longer flight. While he was enjoying that I was eating kraft Mac and cheese with our kids.

Back to Disney...fun fun fun!

We were soooo spoiled! We rarely fly like that so it's a real treat when we do. Just need to round up more points so maybe in another 5-10 years we can go on another fancy trip!
Your hubby was living the high life, but hey, nothing wrong with kraft mac n cheese, it's my guilty pleasure.

I can't wait until I'm back at Disney! I need my happy place!

My condolences on your loss.

I am sorry to hear about your dad... prayers to you and your family.

As I said on Instagram I'm so sorry about your Dad. I've been there, and it is so hard. I've also lost a loved one over the holidays and it is really tough. Take care of yourself as you adjust to your new normal.

Exciting about your upcoming trip! I will be there the first week of March!

Thank you. I am so sorry for your losses too. :hug:
The holidays will never be the same. But we are lucky we have a large family and can rely on each other for support.

I soooo need a dose of Disney right now!

Sorry I've been away. Some of you know already...but my dad passed away on December 11th. He was 72 years old. He deteriorated rapidly over the course of 48 hours. He went from being able to sit up and recognize people, to completely disoriented and unable to move or speak. It was very scary. On the day he passed, I was with him alone for the whole morning. I tried to make him as comfortable as I could. He was given a ton of morphine. He was visited by his church friends during the day. They prayed for him. In the afternoon my mom and my 3 sisters were there along with close family friends and a pastor when he passed. He is now at peace and in Heaven. We had a viewing and a service for him last weekend, and he was cremated last week. His ashes are now at my mom's house in a beautiful urn and will be placed in a mausoleum this Friday. It is so surreal.

I am sure it is a comfort to your father that he had so many family and friends with him for his final days.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss. While you worry and care for your mother, please do take the time to care for yourself, as well.

Me and my daddy on my wedding day 10 years ago:

efVD3F4hb69QdOcQzRBlKneKRjzFzCWInMYWu6Ep54xzlRGdc5Nqk9mI7pwvirA_Dh967o9-sYYkXYSXJmkGRuiSoLSm3MrkeK4itN7rsIprR7Y0Kqthkh_2ZUeBS0WDSj9v2wXyIP6PttRUqkPecO3k-s1vFQqS6hoTC1bA4aVZSqGqvFXidVrFuhxPh0o1KEhqBGOFdlhVBbgpk016T6BEGUHZfdX1K02SExXaFefdKXej2LnBNBIf59BB6Q2V9RmeXwo2g1XmHmTUHVOVpc7UdDKOVXYsUwPbxyKfnrG2EBEg7Kij6pUeCOClUHUOSbUI4CcgZmCjN7B6iw4VC06mtwQhE981gPix-zr6kPkrjjj9dOA0JqkXeVO2iw7hY4wNkXSpd39Or8WX1-zk8bLMqKggHMLI0aHjIXOZc1eWcB1suH6xa-lwXK_HqJfzmsu0lMsHfl6IxAOQ-coXYMm26VNY0CtSZe76G-PYh1c5gjb9bfvmkWA1zQWLp9WaNiz5-4vtfSaDeIu9rCWRPf5z6aL6OrfJScmM6tdVevS3iFTvy7B3Vt1FDtXt51Wb-RFv44oqHjZ1Ucfwyh7reSjb5IQcHtZFiW-UE6_kCsiqG3oL-6zzkNyLeBc0zBwx1CT-EN4TRM5GlC9H3wN8xZFxeSnsADTQQMvnC07xFb6d6VVtQEr3iY1SPexyc68jhgNUrM0awA8TgqbJLo0=w705-h470-no

A beautiful photo and a treasured memory, I'm sure.

Potato Whip doesn't sound too appetizing...:rotfl:

Of course not. You need gravy.

It was asking but it is implied that I won't refuse. My family is just like that, LOL.

Ah. :)

Yes! The Bridge Climb was a lot of fun. Probably don't need to do it on the next trip but maybe after a long time has passed, and provided I can still walk, I will probably do it again, LOL.

Okay! Thanks for the tip.

It is a great parade. However, I really do love Paint the Night.

I have seen it. I still prefer Boo to You. Then again, I'm a bit partial to Halloween in general, so...

I've heard the Tokyo Disney parks parades are the best though. I am totally going to see them one year!

Oh! I hope you do and take copious amounts of photos to share with us.

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I know from my experience nothing is quite the same but in time you adapt to your "new normal". I am glad you are getting away, a break from every day life helps a bit.

Su-Lynn, I was so sorry to see about your dad on Instagram. My mom passed away very unexpectedly on Nov. 29 so this last month has just been a terrible nightmare. Hoping for peace for your family.

I'm glad to hear about the new trip, it's great to have something to look forward to. We leave in 13 days and I seriously cannot wait for a break from the real world.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss Su-Lynn :( I hope you are doing ok :hug:

I'm glad you will be going back to Disney, especially during your birthday! It will be nice for you to get away to your happy place :)

Wonderful photo of you and your dad; such a beautiful memory to have to cherish. I love that he was so surrounded by family and his spiritual caregivers as he left for Heaven. :cloud9:

YAY for new dates!! Huzzah!

I'm so sorry (again) about your dad. It's so hard at this time of year too I'm sure. Nothing like planning another Disney trip to help take your mind off things though!!! I'm so glad you are getting to go, Feb will be here before you know it. I am sad that we will not cross paths though!!! Next time hopefully!! And amazing that you got your FP's and so many plans going!! I will follow along for sure and see what I can cram in to my 2 park days lol

Oh Su-Lynn, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've been off the boards for a bit and just learned now of your dad's passing. You are never ready to lose a parent, no matter how old you are. Please take care of yourself.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the kind words from everyone on the DIS. :hug:

Your birthday trip sounds fantastic! You deserve this and there's nothing better than looking forward to a Disney trip!

Thanks! Really looking forward to my dose of Disney!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad.

Thank you :hug:

Merry Christmas Su-Lynn!! So happy you have a trip planned!!!!!! It will be an awesome way to spend your birthday after such a difficult few months...

Thank you Jenny! I'm super excited to spend my birthday at Disney!

What a beautiful picture :hug:

Thank you, one of my faves :)

That's awesome that you were able to move your trip and be there on your birthday!

It really is exciting! I didn't think I could swing a Bday trip next year but it worked out well!

So sorry about your dad! I am sure it was hard to lose him so close to the holidays! But I'm happy you were able to get a new Disney trip scheduled and it seems like it will be an awesome time to go! And for your Birthday! Sounds like a dream!

Thank you. The holidays were hard but we have a large family and have been leaning on each other for support.
I'm so excited to be going to Disney for my birthday again!

So sorry about your Dad. It's never easy of course. I hope you had/have a great holiday season with friends and family remembering him.

Exciting trip updates!

Thank you so much. It is definitely nice to have extended family around for the holidays.

Very excited for my trip in Feb!

I'm so happy to see you back on the Dis. I've been thinking about you and your family a lot these past several days. Your dad sounds absolutely amazing - what a lucky girl you are to have had him as your dad :goodvibes You'll always have your memories of him that will stay with you forever and keep him close to your heart always :lovestruc Know that I'm thinking of you, and your family, and especially your mom.

Thank you so much Tracy. You are the sweetest. :hug:
We were all indeed lucky to call him dad. :)

What a beautiful picture of you two :goodvibes

Thank you, one of my faves!

YAY! I'm so excited to hear about your February trip. You really deserve some fun times to look forward to - and definitely deserve the splurge, too :thumbsup2

Haha thanks!! I'm super excited! I needed something to look forward to in the short term other than the May trip!

I am thinking of you and your family, Su-Lyn. It is such a horrible thing to go through. My beloved aunt (who was like a second mom to me) passed away on December 8th. She was only sick for about 7 weeks and I was very fortunate to be with her at the end. I love the picture of you and your Dad on your wedding day...you can feel the love between you. Hold on tight to the love you shared, it will help you as you get used to this new reality. Hugs to you. :hug:

Thank you Susan. Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss. I love my aunts too. They are indeed like second mothers, and it's so hard to know that one day I will lose them too. I hope you are ok. Hugs to you too. :hug:

Your trip sounds amazing! Like you, I had to cancel my planned trip for early December when my aunt was ill. We have our anniversary trip coming up in July so will be busy planning it. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!

Thank you! I hope you do too! It's nice to have Disney to look forward to after such a sad time.

So sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. When you see a loved one suffer, I understand feeling relieved when they do pass. Happy for you that you have a fun trip to look forward to.

I really need this trip! Happy it could happen on my birthday too.

I've been playing catch up around here. So glad your mother has family close by for support and that you are adjusting to a new normal. I can't offer any words of advice as I haven't lost anyone that close to me.

I'm playing super catch up now!
I never thought I'd have to go through this right now. I thought for sure my dad would have at least 10 more years left in him before his cancer diagnosis, he was always the most spirited and youthful person, but it goes to show anything can happen. But it has been ok adjusting. Having a large family is definitely the key.

Nice that you salvaged a trip for your birthday! Have you stayed in a 1 bedroom before? The tub sells it for me! Are you still going in March? It's almost time to make FP+ for that trip!

I've never stayed in a 1-BR before! I'm so excited about the tub and the washer dryer, LOL.
For now my March trip still stands although I may have to cut it short because my mom wants me to travel with her to Singapore next year to do some family stuff and I will most likely need the days. I may do a solo trip! I had so much fun with my last solo trip that I really want to do it again, LOL. I totally forgot we can make FP soon! I really have to get planning for that trip!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I went through this a few years ago and know how hard this is.

Aww thank you and I'm sorry about your loss too. It's sad when you notice you start going to more funerals than weddings....:eek:

I am sure it is a comfort to your father that he had so many family and friends with him for his final days.
Again, I'm sorry for your loss. While you worry and care for your mother, please do take the time to care for yourself, as well.

Thank you pkondz. :hug:
I hope he was able to recognize us in his final days, it was so hard to see him and him not being able to communicate, but glad we were all able to be there.

Thank you. I'm eating as much as I can to cope. :rotfl:

A beautiful photo and a treasured memory, I'm sure.

Thank you, one of my favorite pictures. :)

Of course not. You need gravy.

That should be a new thing, mashed potatoes in a cone with gravy...like those mac n cheese cones at DCA....carbs on carbs - the best!

I have seen it. I still prefer Boo to You. Then again, I'm a bit partial to Halloween in general, so...

True, it is a very very cool parade!

Oh! I hope you do and take copious amounts of photos to share with us.

Haha whenever I make it there again. I went when I was a kid but have not been back since!

I am so sorry about the loss of your dad.

Firsts are the worsts (doesn’t make sense but it does...lol).

Thank you so much. :hug: I know what you mean. At least we are...prepared in a way? :laughing:

We will be there the 22nd - 3rd! I already commented on facebook I think. Hopefully we will cross paths! So, nice of your friend to gift you the nights! That will be a great hotel to stay at.

YES!! It shall happen!!

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I know from my experience nothing is quite the same but in time you adapt to your "new normal". I am glad you are getting away, a break from every day life helps a bit.

Thank you so much. I really apprecaite it. We are all getting used to this new normal. It's different but I hope that my mom is ok, because she doesn't work and will be alone for most of the time after her family leaves.

Thank you, I totally need it!

Su-Lynn, I was so sorry to see about your dad on Instagram. My mom passed away very unexpectedly on Nov. 29 so this last month has just been a terrible nightmare. Hoping for peace for your family.

Thank you so much, :hug:. I love your username btw!
I'm so so sorry for your loss as well. :hug: It sucks to have to go through the holidays like this, but I hope you and your family are holding on and I wish you all the healing pixie dust.

I'm glad to hear about the new trip, it's great to have something to look forward to. We leave in 13 days and I seriously cannot wait for a break from the real world.

Yes I can't wait! Finally some good news!
I'm going to join your PTR. It's too bad I canceled my Jan trip otherwise we could have met up. Hope the trip brings you much needed joy and happiness.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss Su-Lynn :( I hope you are doing ok :hug:

I'm glad you will be going back to Disney, especially during your birthday! It will be nice for you to get away to your happy place :)

We are doing ok, better than I expected, mostly we have our families and my nieces and nephews taking up a lot of our attention and distracting us.
I can't wait to go back to my happy place!!!!

Wonderful photo of you and your dad; such a beautiful memory to have to cherish. I love that he was so surrounded by family and his spiritual caregivers as he left for Heaven. :cloud9:

YAY for new dates!! Huzzah!

Thank you Liesa. One of my favorites. I said during my eulogy that I rarely got to spend one-on-one time with just my dad anymore like I did when I was an only child for 5 years. So any moment spent just with him was like a treasured moment and I think that picture captured it well.

Yes!! Yay for new dates!!

I'm so sorry (again) about your dad. It's so hard at this time of year too I'm sure. Nothing like planning another Disney trip to help take your mind off things though!!! I'm so glad you are getting to go, Feb will be here before you know it. I am sad that we will not cross paths though!!! Next time hopefully!! And amazing that you got your FP's and so many plans going!! I will follow along for sure and see what I can cram in to my 2 park days lol

Thank you Kathy :hug:
Yup I really need this trip! It's too bad we will not be crossing paths! If we do arrive a day early I will let you know.

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

So sorry again about your dad. Glad to see you back on the dis. Your new trips overlap with mine! I’ll be there the 21-28, staying at Copper Creek & AKL (Jambo). Would love to say hi to a dis celeb :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter