Crazy points situation/question

stacy347

I carried a watermelon?
We had booked a 1 bed at AKL for October. We already purchased extra points because we were a little short for the room we wanted.
Well, we just found out my daughter is pregnant with twins and will most likely be delivering the week we had booked (she's high risk and everything is being carefully planned out.) So I am changing our dates to August. Turns out the same room is actually more points in August and we aren't allowed to purchase any more points according to DVC.
Their suggestion was either take away a night or find someone to get points from. My problem is that if we take away a night, we just threw away $300 because there's no refund on purchased points, but DVC said in order to acquire more points, someone has to email/transfer them to us. Is this something that is doable through these boards?
If you stuck around through all of that and have any suggestions, I really appreciate it! ;)

You can find another member to transfer points to you, but members can only have 1 transfer per year. If you need just a small number of points transferred you may have a more difficult time as some owners may find that transferring a small number of points isn't worth it. Check out the rent/trade forum on the boards, you sometimes can find someone willing to transfer there.

We had booked a 1 bed at AKL for October. We already purchased extra points because we were a little short for the room we wanted.
Well, we just found out my daughter is pregnant with twins and will most likely be delivering the week we had booked (she's high risk and everything is being carefully planned out.) So I am changing our dates to August. Turns out the same room is actually more points in August and we aren't allowed to purchase any more points according to DVC.
Their suggestion was either take away a night or find someone to get points from. My problem is that if we take away a night, we just threw away $300 because there's no refund on purchased points, but DVC said in order to acquire more points, someone has to email/transfer them to us. Is this something that is doable through these boards?
If you stuck around through all of that and have any suggestions, I really appreciate it! ;)

What's your use year? What view did you book?

Last edited:
Not really much eyou can do but maybe borrow if you have not yet hit the 50%?

OTU have always been limited to 24 per UY.

If you stay one less night, you use your OTU use points on your new reservation - then you save the current UY points and bank them for next year. That way at least you wouldn't be losing any points.
Thank you! I thought this should work but DVC made it sound like it wasn't possible. I'm going to call back and speak with someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter