Crazy Prices In Sept and Oct at the grand

tenneycjt

DIS Veteran
First of all getting ready to leave this sunday to dsienyland to experience teh lunat new year festival for the first time. Wish mom was here to go with me, Last year after she passed away I went the last week in September, we were supposed to go together the price at the Grand was normal around 639 or so , I looked at the same week this year and it is listing 839, I have never seen it that high, i want to go on oct 2 my moms bday but I cant believe it is that high, even in december its not that high, do you think this rate will go down, According to undercover tourist hotel rates are usually dcheaper in sept and october,

Do you have to stay at GCH? There are plenty of nice hotels in easy walking distance for waaaaay less.

I am not shocked. GCH isn’t worth that much to me but they’ve been getting crazy prices post-Covid. Maybe a discount will come out closer to the trip.

We have a relatively last minute trip to the Grand coming up in February that we booked in December. Similarly expensive for a standard room. With all the fees and tax came out to like $900/night! I think that's just the going rate for the Grand these days.

First of all getting ready to leave this sunday to dsienyland to experience teh lunat new year festival for the first time. Wish mom was here to go with me, Last year after she passed away I went the last week in September, we were supposed to go together the price at the Grand was normal around 639 or so , I looked at the same week this year and it is listing 839, I have never seen it that high, i want to go on oct 2 my moms bday but I cant believe it is that high, even in december its not that high, do you think this rate will go down, According to undercover tourist hotel rates are usually dcheaper in sept and october,
If you look closer to October there might be a sale going on. You could book somewhere else as a backup and hopefully the Grand will be more affordable by then.

The prices have been consistently above $800/nt for the last 18 mos or so, as others have noted. This doesn’t align with your desired weekend, but you can get discounted rates during the spring and fall Dapper Days, as well as Gay Days. But last Oct, rooms were close to $1000/nt!

The prices have been consistently above $800/nt for the last 18 mos or so, as others have noted. This doesn’t align with your desired weekend, but you can get discounted rates during the spring and fall Dapper Days, as well as Gay Days. But last Oct, rooms were close to $1000/nt!
unbelievable

The problem with the discount is if the hotel is completely booked, they won't give you a refund even if the discount applies to your dates. They have to have another available room to "switch" you to when doing a discount and more often than not the hotel is completely full.

For this trip I had an existing reservation and when the promo was announced I called and i was able to get it, so i felt lucky

We have a relatively last minute trip to the Grand coming up in February that we booked in December. Similarly expensive for a standard room. With all the fees and tax came out to like $900/night! I think that's just the going rate for the Grand these days.

I have a two night stay in February booked for $700 per night with all the fees for a Wednesday-Friday stay. Magic key discount. It’s just ridiculous. But I think we have a woods view.

As crazy as it seems, that's what they've been charging. I was in Disneyland a few weeks ago, and checked Grand Californian rates out of curiosity. It was running $809, and it was not New Year's Eve or anything special. I've never stayed there because of the cost.

I am always amazed that they can GET people to pay those prices. Yes, it's a nice hotel. But this is a family destination and there are no perks with that price. In fact, there are ADDED costs (parking, resort fee, etc.) that make it out of reach for most ordinary humans.

It wasn't really THAT long ago when one could find a $250-300 rate there on an off-season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter