Crazy situation going on at MCO 11/10

Then let's just not have them at all if a bomb threat is going to make them wet themselves.

Fine with me...

...but I understand the need for a public safety perspective and to not have marines with machine guns standing in every airport...I get that.

But people think they are too safe and that is inherently not safe. The best defense is an observant, intelligent citizenry...because that is the most effective eye watching...

Nyc - to its credit - heavily pushed "civil responsibility" after 2001 and it has led to a culture shift that has provided a useful law enforcement/deterrent tool.

Fine with me...

...but I understand the need for a public safety perspective and to not have marines with machine guns standing in every airport...I get that.

But people think they are too safe and that is inherently not safe. The best defense is an observant, intelligent citizenry...because that is the most effective eye watching...

Nyc - to its credit - heavily pushed "civil responsibility" after 2001 and it has led to a culture shift that has provided a useful law enforcement/deterrent tool.
I am all in on that. But you're right, MCO specifically might be the last place that would work since it's probably a majority tourists and not locals in the airport. Everyone is on vacation, literally and mentally.

Fine with me...

Mom is from England and when we would visit, there were always military with machine guns in Heathrow. This was in the late 60's to 70's. Only a big deal the first time you see them. I would feel safer with Marines than with the TSA.

This is awful! On top of that, airport security there is slow on a normal day. We flew home on 11/7, and thankfully, we arrived three hours early. It took over an hour to get through security. I try not to complain because I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I travel extensively for work, and never have to wait that long at other airports.

Mom is from England and when we would visit, there were always military with machine guns in Heathrow. This was in the late 60's to 70's. Only a big deal the first time you see them. I would feel safer with Marines than with the TSA.

Any exchange of semi automatic fire wouldn't make me feel safe..

Is rather live with the realities of life and concentrate on the problems that make the place dangerous...the real reasons. But that's just me.

We don't take security that seriously here...because it's always about "convenience" for 'Merica.

This is awful! On top of that, airport security there is slow on a normal day. We flew home on 11/7, and thankfully, we arrived three hours early. It took over an hour to get through security. I try not to complain because I'd rather be safe than sorry, but I travel extensively for work, and never have to wait that long at other airports.

Mco sucks...that apparently will never change.

I don't think they did anything inappropriate...

...I just think its spoiled whiner season (all year in mco)

...found out something interesting in Fort Lauderdale today...they had the bomb sniffers out today working the crowd...and since they did, I didn't have to take my shoes off or disassemble my laptop into a plastic bin...and it was much better.

I think I can thank the camera battery for that .
Our last trip out of MCO a sniffer dog took a big interest in my husband. He went over him several times on his trips up and down the line. He didn't smell enough to be searched I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter