• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Creating an e-mail list

chell

Mushu's Best Friend
How do I create an e-mail list to send out e-mail updates? Currently there are close to 2,000 people to add to these updates. I don't want to just create a distribution list and manually enter each name. So, is there a way to import the addresses from Excel or Access? I see that you can import data into Outlook from databases. But will this work for a distribution list?

This is something I need to know for work. We have just started maintaining an e-list and I don't know how to make it easier. Can anyone help me? I can provide more specific information if you need it to help answer my question.

Thanks!

With some mailing list software. Majordomo and others I think you can add people.
Mousesavers uses
http://www.mailermailer.com/features/index.mlm

I would not recommend Yahoo Groups for a workplace due to the ads. There is also Topica, I can't really speak on that.

The one thing that you need to be careful of is that you don't want anyone accusing you (or your company) of sending them
SPAM (unwanted email) , in most cases it is suggested that the users sign themselves up.

If you are looking for other programs you can visit
http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/Email/Mailing_Lists/

If you need more info let me know.
Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl! I'll look into that today.

gepetto - How do you do a mass e-mail from a Word merge? I've never seen that option before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter