Creative Alternative to Autograph Book

TheEnchantedRose

Make magical memories before the last petal falls
What do you all have our beloved characters sign? I'm trying to find something that will work for me.

A friend of mine uses a fishing hat.

What do you use?

I think my favourites are my two Disney cookbooks (one done in the parks, and a different one done on the Magic) . I've had them over a decade now and still pull them out for recipes and always enjoy flipping through the signatures when I do.
I used one tonight, in fact.

A stocking could be fun.

A stocking is a really great idea! How fun!

I think my favourites are my two Disney cookbooks (one done in the parks, and a different one done on the Magic) . I've had them over a decade now and still pull them out for recipes and always enjoy flipping through the signatures when I do.
I used one tonight, in fact.

Now that is unique! A cookbook! Super cool!

I've made photo books on snapfish using photos of the kids with the characters from prior trips. Most recently did this for my mother's 70th birthday with photos over the years of various family members with the characters. left plenty of space on each page for signatures and/or to add that year's photo. For a first trip, could use stock photos from the web

I've made photo books on snapfish using photos of the kids with the characters from prior trips. Most recently did this for my mother's 70th birthday with photos over the years of various family members with the characters. left plenty of space on each page for signatures and/or to add that year's photo. For a first trip, could use stock photos from the web

That's a nice idea! Thanks

A read a post once that someone used a mat for a picture for characters to sign, and then they put a family picture of the trip in it. That sounded like a fun idea to me but I haven't tried it yet.

ETA: might be tougher with fur characters if the mat is too small

Last edited:
A read a post once that someone used a mat for a picture for characters to sign, and then they put a family picture of the trip in it. That sounded like a fun idea to me but I haven't tried it yet.

I was thinking the same thing about the OP saying a friend used a fishing hat. A lot of the characters costumes have really big hands (gloves). Wouldn't it be very hard for them to autograph something like a hat?

When my children were younger, I did pillowcases for them. I carried a clipboard with me and just folded the pillowcase to an unwritten area for each character. Used fabric markers. They turned out great and the kids used them on their beds for several years after our trip.

I've read about that one too. Pretty cute idea.

I was thinking the same thing about the OP saying a friend used a fishing hat. A lot of the characters costumes have really big hands (gloves). Wouldn't it be very hard for them to autograph something like a hat?

Not sure how easy it was for the characters, but they all did a great job. The signatures were nicely done.

When my children were younger, I did pillowcases for them. I carried a clipboard with me and just folded the pillowcase to an unwritten area for each character. Used fabric markers. They turned out great and the kids used them on their beds for several years after our trip.

I love that your kids used them for years after! What a great way to fall asleep.

I'm thinking about a plain backpack. I could get so much use out of a backpack. I wouldn't use it while getting the signatures, I'd just carry it inside a different one. I bet it could be fun.

I'm thinking about a plain backpack. I could get so much use out of a backpack. I wouldn't use it while getting the signatures, I'd just carry it inside a different one. I bet it could be fun.

We did drawstring bags one year - I think I ordered them from amazon. Each child had a different character on the front, with plenty of room for autographs on front and back. we cut a piece of cardboard to put inside to give some stability while being signed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter