Creative Vacation Responder for Email at work

NHBelle

DIS Veteran
Help....I really want to put something clever for my vacation responder email at work. I was thinking something like....

Thanks for your email, but I'm off to the happiest place on earth visiting my favorite mouse or I am currently vacationing at the happiest places on earth where dreams come true and will answer your email as soon as I return.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have any other creative/funny ideas????

Help....I really want to put something clever for my vacation responder email at work. I was thinking something like....

Thanks for your email, but I'm off to the happiest place on earth visiting my favorite mouse or I am currently vacationing at the happiest places on earth where dreams come true and will answer your email as soon as I return.

What do you guys think? Does anyone have any other creative/funny ideas????

I'm off work doing what I like best:
A whole lotta nothing and a little bit of something!

I think both of your ideas are cute although I think I like your second one better. For me, I stick to professional away messages but if you work in a place where this would be appropriate then go for it! Enjoy your trip.

I guess I will keep it professional, but I did add a small Disney balloon because that shows at least a little of my personality...sometimes I just can't contain my excitement LOL

We were required to make them professional and we even told what we had to put on them. Since it's a business I would keep it professional.

Along with people posting their vacation plans on Facebook, it just seems to me that you are saying: "IF YOU WANT TO BREAK INTO MY HOUSE AND STEAL EVERYTHING I OWN, THIS IS WHEN I WILL BE AWAY"
Most companies require you to leave a voicemail message stating you will be out and when you'll return.

Along with people posting their vacation plans on Facebook, it just seems to me that you are saying: "IF YOU WANT TO BREAK INTO MY HOUSE AND STEAL EVERYTHING I OWN, THIS IS WHEN I WILL BE AWAY"

So, you prefer to email someone and not know that they won't respond to you in a week? Um, no. And like dish rag said, many people are out of the office for a variety of reasons other than the whole family being out of town.

we could never do that, would be considered too unprofessional.

We have to do the standard, "I will be out of the office from Monday Feb 1 to Friday Feb 5. Please contact Susan Smith in my absence. Otherwise, all messages will be answered when I return on Monday Feb 8.

So, you prefer to email someone and not know that they won't respond to you in a week? Um, no. And like dish rag said, many people are out of the office for a variety of reasons other than the whole family being out of town.

The OP in their example was saying where they were out of town. That is my objection. Nothing wrong with saying you are out of the office until a specific date.

I love the idea and if I were emailing you, I would smile as be happy for you! But my workplace requires something more formal which is a bummer.

This ranks up their with parents writing an excuse for missing school by professing WDW is educational.

We don’t do ‘Out of office’ replies. All in our department belongs to one or more listservs and have work smartphones. If we get an email while out, we either respond or forward to someone else in th department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter